• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kobayashi contradicts Itsuno

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
They want to know if there still is interest for the franchise in the market, so they are blackmailing their fans.
Classy!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The hell are you two talking about? There's no blackmail in that article. He even said that "the voice of the core fans is strong"!

The only regrettable thing is that they should have known that for a long time, not just realizing now.

Gel

Premium
The only regrettable thing is that they should have known that for a long time, not just realizing now.
Yes, but saying the future is undecided and after Itsuno's first interview, it's natural people feel blackmailed.

Gel

Premium
Itsuno clarified that the first interview was mistranslated/misunderstood.
Do you believe on it? Well, I don't! I even used other japanese translators and all of them translated as it was necessary good sales on DMC4Se to have a DMC5.Unless Itsuno had problems in explaining himself...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Do you believe on it? Well, I don't! I even used other japanese translators and all of them translated as it was necessary good sales on DMC4Se to have a DMC5.Unless Itsuno had problems in explaining himself...

Whatever. Even if that was the case, SE is doing fairly well apparently, and even Kobayashi himself acknowledged fans' desire for DMC, so what's it matter anyway.

Reactions: Gel

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's silly to think that sales don't have an impact on a franchises future. Capcom is a business after all and they need to make money. Still, even if it doesn't sell well it's not the end of the world. Just look at the Shenmue series.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's silly to think that sales don't have an impact on a franchises future. Capcom is a business after all and they need to make money. Still, even if it doesn't sell well it's not the end of the world. Just look at the Shenmue series.
and how long it took to make Shenmue 3?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
and how long it took to make Shenmue 3?
Hmm? I was talking about the original Shenmue costing approximately $45 million but only selling around 1.2 million copies. And yet it still got a sequel two years later.

outoftheblue

Kobayashi, what a killjoy.
Let´s pretend they really have no idea what to do with the series and its future is undecided....well, then Capcom has a problem and they are truly lost.

Top Bottom