• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just seen DMC5 4 the 1st time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaLVaDoR360

All I want to Know is why does Dante look like the developer? Why would he change dante to look like himself,a gay european fashion model?I mean Mario still looks the same,Mickey mouse looks the same,Ryu and Ken look the same,and they are all iconic characters-instantly recognizable.Bad move from a franchise standpoint.And i already played Dantes origin story and he never looked like that,in fact he was born with the white hair,so why are you confusing me with a different origin story?The game looks like it could be good but a mario game without mario is not a mario game.The dev has a lot of nerve to put himself in the game and call himself dante.The fans of DMC r probly gonna be real mad that dante was replaced by the developer of the game.Is this how "Dante" is gonna look in the Anime now Too?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think if you read some of the threads in this board, you'll see that most of your questions are answered in them.

Asmodaius

We should make a sticky thread where in all the answers are in for people to go read before posting a new thread with all their questions. It would save alot of people alot of time. ^^

Meg

^ Like a Q&A / FAQ about the new game? That sounds good especially since we could update it as we get more info. It would be easier that constantly making new threads. You should contact the staff about it. :)

Tony

Demonslayer
SaLVaDoR360;284207 said:
All I want to Know is why does Dante look like the developer?

Master Vergil;284211 said:
I think if you read some of the threads in this board, you'll see that most of your questions are answered in them.
oh... is there really an answer to that question? can you show me the thread please? just curious :huh:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Tony: Ahem. Please read my post again.

Master Vergil;284211 said:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Tony;284228 said:
Oh...is there really an answer to that question? Can you show me the thread please? Just curious :huh:

I am unaware if there is actually an answer to this question. But there are millions of people in this World that have similar features, and other people have compared him to people that are not the Developer. Granted, he has comparisons. I'm guessing they modelled Dante using those comparisons, because he is the Developer after all.

Master Vergil;284229 said:
@Tony: Ahem. Please read my post again.

I think he merely misunderstood what you had put. And if you say 'most questions', who is to say he thought that as one that had an answer?

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
I don't think he was supposed to be created in the developers image. The only thing similar about them is they're hairstyle. To me, Dino (New Dante) looks more like Dante from DMC2. He has his face, the main difference is his hair.

Tony

Demonslayer
it was his major question in this thread, he wrote: All I want to Know is why does Dante look like the developer?
I'm guessing they modelled Dante using those comparisons, because he is the Developer after all.
I think, no one would have a problem with this fact, if he would look like Dante, but it is obvious, that Tameem wanted Dante to look like him. Unfortunately he is very ugly, so this question is with good cause.
In my opinion he is so full of his self, that he created Dante as his mini-me, just to show people, that he is a lot cooler than Dante, because of his hairstyle and his cigarette

this has nothing with Dante in common
hha.jpg

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
Tony;284284 said:
Unfortunately he is very ugly, so this question is with good cause.

I lol'd.
New Dante is attractive though. Yeah, beat up and totally NOT our Dante, but he isn't ugly.. :lol:

Antoinades doesn't have Dino's face.. At ALL. Only his hair (and barely, cause Dino's hair is straight, Antonaides hair is kinda swept and wavy). Only similarity is the bangs.

Asmodaius

The only similarity between Tameem Antoniades and Dante is the hair, and by that it is only that his hair is black and they both have a fringe. I see no other resemblence. Antoniades probably got his hair cut like that AFTER they made Dante, because he thought the hairstyle looks cool. Who knows?

Also, if you can find a gay european fashion model who has that look, then I would like to see a picture and reference to it to see if your statement has something to back it up with. If not, then please refrain from such judgemental comments as it could be offensive to some. People describe things as "gay" to be a negative thing at most times, and frankly, that would be against the forum rules.

And one last thing... Those iconic characters you mentioned are iconic because the companies who created them use those characters to represent themselves. Disney got Mickey, Capcom has Ryu, Nintendo has Mario etc... Dante is not used to represent Capcom in the same way as Ryu is. And honestly, Ryu and Ken are quite boring characters in my opinion, and so are Mickey and Mario. Being an iconic character is not necessarily a good thing.

Dante represents only his franchise, the Devil May Cry series, and because the next DmC is going to be a reboot, it is only appropriate that Dante gets a new look to match it so he won't be confused with the Dante of the series we know, even though they are essentially the same character. It can sound confusing and many fans would probably disagree with me (which has been proven many times over on this forum), but that is my thoughts on the issue.

Tony

Demonslayer
Lady™;284287 said:
I lol'd.
New Dante is attractive though. Yeah, beat up and totally NOT our Dante, but he isn't ugly.. :lol:

Antoinades doesn't have Dino's face.. At ALL. Only his hair (and barely, cause Dino's hair is straight, Antonaides hair is kinda swept and wavy). Only similarity is the bangs.
ok, this is a matter of taste, but just look at this face... he looks like a frog oO someone had punshed his nose to the inside, his eyebrowes are too fat and..... ugly his eyes, his mouth I dont know where to start, but the whole thing has nothing of Dantes face.

but okay, actually we have three faces of this Donte in the trailer and one of them looks a bit more similar, lets hope, that they will use this one

btw
dantej_6823.jpg

SaLVaDoR360

OK I came back to see if anyone could explain why the dev put himself in the game.But i figured it out for myself after seeing an interview with him.He kept mentioning that dante needs to be cool according todays standards,so obviously he thinks that his look is cool.Now i dont know where hes from but the way he looks is not cool where im from(Bronx NY)Ive never seen anyone walking down the street looking like that not even in the village(which is where all the faggots are).and to the gay guy thatwanted to know why i think of this dante as a gay european fashion model,its because all the dev kept talking about in the interview is fashion this and fashion that like dante will walk the runway after the game is over or something.And yes gay is a negative word it always has been(Do u prefer faggit or Homo?)I dont want gay people in my games now to,So they can brainwash my son to be gay.

oh and P.S I just wanted to say to any naysayers that i like change,change is good and essential,and a reboot is probably needed for DMC BUT they need to give Dante a new look not give us a new Dante.A GAY Dante.

Dark Drakan

Admin
SaLVaDoR360;284332 said:
OK I came back to see if anyone could explain why the dev put himself in the game.But i figured it out for myself after seeing an interview with him.He kept mentioning that dante needs to be cool according todays standards,so obviously he thinks that his look is cool.Now i dont know where hes from but the way he looks is not cool where im from(Bronx NY)Ive never seen anyone walking down the street looking like that not even in the village(which is where all the faggots are).and to the gay guy thatwanted to know why i think of this dante as a gay european fashion model,its because all the dev kept talking about in the interview is fashion this and fashion that like dante will walk the runway after the game is over or something.And yes gay is a negative word it always has been(Do u prefer faggit or Homo?)I dont want gay people in my games now to,So they can brainwash my son to be gay.

oh and P.S I just wanted to say to any naysayers that i like change,change is good and essential,and a reboot is probably needed for DMC BUT they need to give Dante a new look not give us a new Dante.A GAY Dante.

This is 2010 not mid 1900's and you think the way someone looks could turn your son gay? Better ban him from watching the evil TV or seeing the brainwashing magazines or tabloids everywhere then if its that easy to turn someone. Its a sexual preference not a lifestyle choice and this is a very narrowminded way of thinking in this day and age dont you think and rather childish way to make a point too.

Infraction added

Asmodaius

SaLVaDoR360;284332 said:
And yes gay is a negative word it always has been(Do u prefer faggit or Homo?)I dont want gay people in my games now to,So they can brainwash my son to be gay.

You should get kicked for this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom