• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just received Virgils Downfall code!

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
LIES! You dream about it! You question why! You wonder! You search for answers! I have none.....so move along
I have TRIED BUT YOU JUST REMINDED ME!

WHY GOD MUST I HAVE NOT ANY ANSWERS!!!!!! TO BE OR NOT TO BE !!?!?!?!

to be or not to be means: to be dead or not to be dead, this is the question. if anyone can name where that saying is from I will press "like" on your post. Bring it. no googling.

Hamlet, Act III. Too bad I can't like myself. OH WAIT I already do. Damn it takes a long time to update that website.

why am I posting in small letters? I don't even know.

GregaMan

Blah, update time.

So yes, as some have already noted, the content is now available on the PSN store. The redeem tokens, however, are apparently not yet activated on the store, so the update of the pre-order site is still pending. Sorry guys, we're working on this, but I don't want to promise another specific time until we get this all figured out. I know the wait is excruciating at this point, and believe me, this is not a part of the job that I relish. Hang tight.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I have TRIED BUT YOU JUST REMINDED ME!

WHY GOD MUST I HAVE NOT ANY ANSWERS!!!!!! TO BE OR NOT TO BE !!?!?!?!

to be or not to be means: to be dead or not to be dead, this is the question. if anyone can name where that saying is from I will press "like" on your post. Bring it. no googling.

Hamlet, Act III. Too bad I can't like myself. OH WAIT I already do. Damn it takes a long time to update that website.

why am I posting in small letters? I don't even know.
Have a cookie!

DMCGamer1989

Blah, update time.

So yes, as some have already noted, the content is now available on the PSN store. The redeem tokens, however, are apparently not yet activated on the store, so the update of the pre-order site is still pending. Sorry guys, we're working on this, but I don't want to promise another specific time until we get this all figured out. I know the wait is excruciating at this point, and believe me, this is not a part of the job that I relish. Hang tight.
Any news on the asian release? I checked the asian psn and still nothing.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Blah, update time.

Well at least youre trying...have a cookie!

Breaking8ad

Blah, update time.

I was wondering what was up with that...hopefully this will be fixed. OH! does this mean we can redeem the xbox code as well?

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
It'll be worth the wait, it's truly amazing. Vergil is just SO MUCH FUN. Even the narrative is a lot more interesting in Vergil's Downfall, they decided to make a more character driven story this time, instead of the poorly written social commentary of Devil May Cry.

DmC: Vergil's Downfall is definitely a BIG step in the right direction if they want to keep making DmC games.

It may be just me (so I need confirmation on this), but even the difficulty is WAY higher. I'm having a lot more trouble on Nephilim than I had on Devil May Cry's Dante Must Die. Still didn't die in combat though.

Oh, I almost forgot: NO COLOR-CODED ENEMIES!
Yaaay no color coded

Breaking8ad

Okay guys, I'll try and clear up what I can.

As some have already noted, the content is indeed now live for purchase on the PSN store. The redeem tokens, however, are apparently not activated yet, meaning that even if we sent them out to those who pre-ordered, they wouldn't be registered by the PSN store as valid. We are looking into this currently, but to my great frustration, I can't yet promise a specific time when this will all be ironed out. I am *hoping* both as a fan and as an employee speaking to you now it will be by the end of. . . tomorrow morning. But all we can do is wait and see.

When this does get ironed out, the pre-order site www.devilmaycry.com/vergilwill be updated to include a field for you to enter the 11-digit code you received from Gamestop. Entering this code will exchange it for an actual content redemption code, which you would enter on the PSN (or XBL) store.

You'll note that currently that site only has a place for you to enter your email address, however back when the site first went up, there was a field for the 11-digit code, which was removed later since it doesn't actually work until that content is live. Confusing, I know. If you happen to have entered your 11-digit code back then and then promptly discarded your receipt, please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

My deepest apologies for this confusion and delay, guys. I'll keep making updates as soon as I know anything more.
Is DmC cursed? cause this **** keeps happening. Least Gregaman is apologizing. Oddly enough even if we got the codes they wouldn't work apparantley. But again, is it strange to only me that the primary concern seems to only be towards PSN?

We'll see by "tomorrow morning" I guess. hopefully the codes can be recognized by xbox live.

Gbraga

Blah, update time.

Hey Greg! You should do another DmC user videos roundup to get the community more hyped! I suggest this one, which is in my opinion the best DmC video yet:

There are color coded enemies lol. You can use some skills however outside of that color
The Wisp? I don't consider them color-coded, just like I don't consider the Witch color-coded. This is smart enemy design and I'm completely ok with that, I'm talking about Ghost and Blood Rages, Hell Knights and Frost Knights, those are complete garbage.

DmC: Vergil's Downfall is so good without that bs <3

And is it just me or Vergil is a lot faster?

Also, Killer Bee <3

I think I'm in love! Now I just want some modder to snap him into Bloody Palace and Dante's Campaign to see how that goes. Dante in Vergil's campaign would also be pretty interesting

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
So, it's just the shield that's color coded?

For the most part yes. Sometimes you can still even pull the shielded enemies to you which may or may not take the shield off. A lot of it is still quite awkward to be honest, I'm not sure if this is how it is supposed to be but it's not bad.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Hey Greg! You should do another DmC user videos roundup to get the community more hyped! I suggest this one, which is in my opinion the best DmC video yet:

The Wisp? I don't consider them color-coded, just like I don't consider the Witch color-coded. This is smart enemy design and I'm completely ok with that, I'm talking about Ghost and Blood Rages, Hell Knights and Frost Knights, those are complete garbage.

DmC: Vergil's Downfall is so good without that bs <3

And is it just me or Vergil is a lot faster?

Also, Killer Bee <3

I think I'm in love! Now I just want some modder to snap him into Bloody Palace and Dante's Campaign to see how that goes. Dante in Vergil's campaign would also be pretty interesting
Um..not sure if that could work. He cant even double jump

Gbraga

So, it's just the shield that's color coded?
It's kinda like the Witch, the Wisp has a "fade stance", and you can bring him back using your summoned swords, just one shot and you can go back to your combo routine.

It's even less color coded than the Witch.

The fact that you can stack your summoned sword to an enemy beforehand (mid combo being the best way imo, since it has 0 frames of startup) and then when you want to teleport (or pull the enemy) you just do the required motion and the teleport will be instant! That really helps with the pace of the combat, it flows a lot faster when you don't have to wait for the pull/lift animation. And I really like that the combat feels less "floaty", maybe it's just as floaty, but every air move is designed so you benefit a lot from cancelling it (with teleports, jump cancel or just stance switching)

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist

When I say color coded I do mean enemies like the hell knights. They have a legitimate shield and once you smack it off you can do whatever. Though sometimes if you can pull them, if it allows you to with their shields still on they may come off and if you are in the air when pulling them you can do whatever no mater what from what I've tested.

I had the same idea you did a week or two ago. I figured we can replace Dante for Vergil so long as we can swap the code properly. I am a programer/engineer and I am going to go over all of what I can tomorrow morning but I think there may be others that might do a much better job than I

Zilla

The inFAAMous
It's kinda like the Witch, the Wisp has a "fade stance", and you can bring him back using your summoned swords, just one shot and you can go back to your combo routine.

It's even less color coded than the Witch.

The fact that you can stack your summoned sword to an enemy beforehand (mid combo being the best way imo, since it has 0 frames of startup) and then when you want to teleport (or pull the enemy) you just do the required motion and the teleport will be instant! That really helps with the pace of the combat, it flows a lot faster when you don't have to wait for the pull/lift animation. And I really like that the combat feels less "floaty", maybe it's just as floaty, but every air move is designed so you benefit a lot from cancelling it (with teleports, jump cancel or just stance switching)

Yeah, the first thing I noticed about Big V is that he's insanely fast compared to Dante. From pulling himself to platforms to lifting himself to enemies, He's there in an instant, the enemy has no chance. Also he's a lot more meticulous to master, Dante has a few moves which guarantees a launch on heavy enemies so long as the attack is fully charged, Vergil on the other hand has a 'middle ground' move which can only be activated with precise timing. Miss the timing = No launch.

And yes the removal of Colour-coded enemies is a breath of fresh air, Weapon in hand, Enemy in face = Attack. No 'use this for that' bullsh!t.

When He really shines though is when He has a protective circle of Summoned swords around him, it interrupts and traps nearly every enemy around him, especially useful for multiple Rage encounters.

I could feel it the second I stepped into his shoes, Big V in the right hands can be devastating. I can almost guarantee He would eat Dante's campaign alive.

Gbraga

When I say color coded I do mean enemies like the hell knights. They have a legitimate shield and once you smack it off you can do whatever. Though sometimes if you can pull them, if it allows you to with their shields still on they may come off and if you are in the air when pulling them you can do whatever no mater what from what I've tested.

I had the same idea you did a week or two ago. I figured we can replace Dante for Vergil so long as we can swap the code properly. I am a programer/engineer and I am going to go over all of what I can tomorrow morning but I think there may be others that might do a much better job than I
Maybe I got hell knight wrong? I'm talking about the colored enemies that only take damage from a certain weapon and will parry everything you do with another weapon, that is ridiculous and limits your moveset too much for a game like this, and VD (at least the amount I played) doesn't have this. If you consider the Wisp a color-coded enemy, then we just have different definitions, but it's nice to let that clear because I believe most people around here think about Ghost and Blood Rages when they think of color-coded enemies.

And I'm really glad you'll look into it! It'd be so nice to fight some bosses with Vergil. Specially the Hunter and, well, Vergil.

Top Bottom