• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just beated the game on DMD :D

m100t8s

Hey thanashs, Do coatless Dante and Super Dante show up in cut-scenes?

Also what would be your reaction if they will added DMC3 outfit in an update and you have to beat SoS and Hell and Hell again in order to unlock it?

Janoosen

Dark Slayer
That was a tough one :p

I'm not sure how to interpret this. From what I've seen DMD seems to be a cakewalk in this game since all you need to do if you run low on health is load checkpoint and you'll have full health again, essentially giving you infinite retries. Granted, there are only checkpoints at certain points but if you come across an area where you need to defeat enemies in order to proceed and there was a checkpoint when you enter the room you can just reload if you lose too much health. Kind of defeats the purpose of the hardest difficulty mode don't you think?

I'm sure not everyone does that, I'm just trying to add some constructive criticism here so don't misunderstand me.

Frazz

General gamer
I'm not sure how to interpret this. From what I've seen DMD seems to be a cakewalk in this game since all you need to do if you run low on health is load checkpoint and you'll have full health again, essentially giving you infinite retries. Granted, there are only checkpoints at certain points but if you come across an area where you need to defeat enemies in order to proceed and there was a checkpoint when you enter the room you can just reload if you lose too much health. Kind of defeats the purpose of the hardest difficulty mode don't you think?

I'm sure not everyone does that, I'm just trying to add some constructive criticism here so don't misunderstand me.

Also what would be your reaction if they will added DMC3 outfit in an update and you have to beat SoS and Hell and Hell again in order to unlock it?

In terms of the retry cutscene thing - it takes points off your mission rank.
Costume question: Yes but only when the cutscene is not facially animated.

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...

I didn't do that...not even once...

8BitHero

Scrub
I'm going to try and storm SoS later. I wanna get Hell and Hell but with them stick to DMC series fashion, it's now multiple playthroughs away :(

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...

Super Dante is just a perk not a costume...The costumes appear in the most cutscenes...I wouldn't mind to beat it again...i've beaten the game a total 6 times and still i love it :)

Janoosen

Dark Slayer

Downfall

This.

The constructive criticism is greatly appreciated (as opposed to saying, "it's just plain bad"). I agree that DMC on DmC is much too easy, and that there should be a patch called, "Dante Will Die", so that the players who really want to challenge themselves, who really want to hone their skills, can download it and really appreciate what DmC has to offer.

However, I'm fine with the checkpoints. Checkpoints that are few and far between lessen the experience in my opinion, and can be compensated by bringing back Yellow Souls (instead of just Gold) and having the difficulty so ramped up in that mode, that even the players who are used to DMC3 DMD, would be grateful for it.

Dante94513

1. That will hurt your rank performance in the end of the mission. I repeated checkpoints 28 times and at the end of the mission, they said I died 28 times.
2. I wouldn't play like that...ever.

Top Bottom