• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itsuno talks about DMC5

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
During the promotion of DMC4 SE in Hong Kong.

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=01916&snA=22935

Using Google Translate (and trying to fix the grammatical aberrations it generates):

"Asked about the sequel, he answered:

1. The company certainly thinks this series can be extended.

2. If the SE sells, the new work will be released faster.

3. The implication is the work has already started, and it's only a matter of speed? He replies "Sorry, nothing announced yet.".

4. Will the renewed Dante have white hair? He replies "Sequel side also failed to open (??? Damn Google Translate), but even with the decision, I cannot openly talk about it (laughs).""

EDIT: aaaaaand of course I made a typo in the title of the thread... *facepalm*

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Renewed Dante? Is that what they're calling that wank from DmC now?

Anyway, if DMC5 does happen I'm holding it to very high standards, it needs to show me it can surpass DMC4 in gameplay and DMC3 in awesomeness otherwise I'll just stick with Platinum Games.

Viper

Premium
@xMobilemux
That's what google translator called him. And google translator often translates like being drunk. XD

Well, it's good to know they are thinking of continuing the series, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up yet until I see a straightforward statement that DMC5 is coming.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well this would be hope for DMC 5 now, as I in end I abandoned any of it, wanted to see more games for old series so much.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If they do announce DMC5 then I would look forward to it, though I would be keeping my expectations low.
Still, nothing wrong with holding out hope.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Nice to hear that there's still hope for DMC5. Not gonna get too excited until we get a clear announcement that its coming but as I said I'm happy to hear it. I'd love to have another Beat 'Em Up to play aside from DMC4.

GabrielXx

Man if they let loose this year & show DMC5 at TGS i'm going to lose it, but i will try to keep my expectations in cheek. back when DmC was shown i had just got home from a funeral so ya it only made it worse

Ixbran

Smashing~
if they announce DMC5, I hope they finally continue the series to be after DMC2. Having all these games be prequels and in-betweenquels is getting tiresome; let the story move forward from now on please.

also bring back my Angel Baby so she, Lady, and Trish can form Dante's Angels.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
if they announce DMC5, I hope they finally continue the series to be after DMC2..

Completely agree.

DMC2 may not be the greatest DMC game but it does feature Dante at his oldest and most powerful, I want to see a game set AFTER that, enough with all these games dodging DMC2 by being set before it.

Give DMC2 Dante back his personality from DMC1 and release a sequel for it.

Ixbran

Smashing~
And you know what, they could easily explain why Dante acted so differently in DMC2 compared to the others: just make it a ****ing dare.

Dantes personality is wild, crazy, and somewhat childish. I could easily see Trish or Lady, or even Nero, making a bet with Dante he can't act in a serious manner, so they dared him to take on a more "professional" persona for his next mission simply believe he can't do it.

His personality in DMC2 could easily be explained as him proving them wrong, showing he is capable of being serious, but it simply not being his style. Really, of all the things we've seen Dante do in this series, would it not be within his character to adapt a new persona simply to prove them wrong? For the sake of bragging and gloating rights when all is said and done?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They're just talking about the series in general people. DMC and DmC are not two different things, and don't compete with one another. It's pretty stupid to think that.

Whichever version they are discussing, as long as it's good, I'm game.

Also, I'm just not gonna believe it until I see some real proof. Not just some random people on a forum.

Veloran

And you know what, they could easily explain why Dante acted so differently in DMC2 compared to the others: just make it a ****ing dare.

Dantes personality is wild, crazy, and somewhat childish. I could easily see Trish or Lady, or even Nero, making a bet with Dante he can't act in a serious manner, so they dared him to take on a more "professional" persona for his next mission simply believe he can't do it.

His personality in DMC2 could easily be explained as him proving them wrong, showing he is capable of being serious, but it simply not being his style. Really, of all the things we've seen Dante do in this series, would it not be within his character to adapt a new persona simply to prove them wrong? For the sake of bragging and gloating rights when all is said and done?
What a terrible decision on Dante's part. He knows he can never win bets.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...onepc-games-deep-down-probably-wont-be-there/

this says that capcom is planing to show a bunch of new games at E3, maybe one of them might just be DMC5
Reminder than DMC4SE literally releases DAY OF E3.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
wow, imagine the rage it it was like this, "if SE sells, the sequel for DmC will be released faster", LMAO well i'm all for it..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Whatever the future holds for Devil May Cry, I hope Capcom learned their friggin lesson and go back to the original saga. If they have any brain they will do it. Tbh, signs are pointing to that way. We got a Special Edition of DMC4, a Basara/DMC (the classic DMC) stage, Capcom deciding to not outsorce works anymore and NT saying no DmC game in development whatsoever.

Just forget about DmC and wrap up the old saga first, hopefully finally stopping ignoring DMC2 and setting DMC5 after it.

THEN continue expand the franchise continuing DmC, which shouldn't have existed in the first place before properly wrapping up the old saga (which they realized too late).

Anyway, I'm willing to bet that when Capcom thinks "Devil May Cry sequel", they think DMC5. When are we gonna see it? I dunno, but if history repeats itself and we get a DMC5 announcement at E3 or TGS this year, I'll lose my sh!t, that's for sure!

Last edited:
Top Bottom