• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itsuno mentions Devil May Cry 5 in interview

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I'm doubting another Devil May Cry coming out any time soon as well. Wasn't it said Capcom cancelled a bunch of stuff, and can't even put in the man power for a Street Fighter game? I'd say we have wait of a year or two for now at least, at least until there's news on Resident Evil first since that's one of their main projects at the moment o.o
That reminds me that I had forgotten all about the "new" Ultra Street Fighter 4 game that's on its way... yeah I think I'll be skipping this one.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
if it is to be the next DMC, then i hope that it is the last. the series has gone through so many changes, i just hope it dies in peace while its still good. i really would like it if dante would die. not even that, but just something to END the sparda family drama story.
If Capcom can manage to do something downright epic with this, with a very solid gameplay and an acceptable story (one that doesn't create more plotholes than it may try to solve), it would be fantastic. You're right, Dante deserves to go out with a bang!

(Btw, I have to agree with other people who are reminding us that saying that Istuno would like to make a new DMC doesn't equate to saying a new DMC is planned... But a fan can hope, right?)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh Ultra SF4.

That isn't what Capcom or Ono was talking about.

Its not like it matters they're making a new SF game soon or a new fighting game since Ono said on Twitter they were looking for people to work on a new fighting game and then there is that Sony commercial/AD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPwP5BKEt94

So a Street Fighter V as an PS4 exclusive?

AlastorSword

Oh Ultra SF4.

That isn't what Capcom or Ono was talking about.

Its not like it matters they're making a new SF game soon or a new fighting game since Ono said on Twitter they were looking for people to work on a new fighting game and then there is that Sony commercial/AD.

So a Street Fighter V as an PS4 exclusive?
Oh yeah I did hear about that. Gave me a little hope actually. Yeah for new IP's

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm crossing my fingers and praying to the almighty that it isn't :(

Even if it isn't Capcom wouldn't make a new fighting game IP considering more than half of their IPs are fighting games.

Bringing back a classic title such as........ANYTHING will guarantee a higher success or demand rate than a new IP. Plus a new fighting game IP from Capcom.....bullocks. They're the type to make new IPs on genres or ideas they haven't tried yet.....like Dragon's Dogma.

AlastorSword

Even if it isn't Capcom wouldn't make a new fighting game IP considering more than half of their IPs are fighting games.

Bringing back a classic title such as........ANYTHING will guarantee a higher success or demand rate than a new IP. Plus a new fighting game IP from Capcom.....bullocks. They're the type to make new IPs on genres or ideas they haven't tried yet.....like Dragon's Dogma.
True. CAP just doesn't have the will power to play it safe. Experiment after experiment lol. I guess it's no surprise that they have let maybe half of their titles up and wither away, sporadically. Now if CAP were to bring back titles of old that would be fantastic; I'd love to see Power Stone make a comeback or maybe even make a fighter out of a title that was previously part of another genre......

But you know SFV just seems more realistic so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath >_>

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Wonder what their next SF game will be called?

Super Mega Hyper Ultimate Ultra Street Fighter Alpha 100?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That may be the case, but from the outside looking in, every SF game looks and feels exactly the same. Same moves, same animation of attacks, same thing over and over again with a few small things added and a few new characters. I use this as an example for gamers looking at DMC if Capcom had made a DMC5 instead of DmC; it would've been treated like "same old DMC game" and critics would speak o fit as such. However DmC was a big change and created so much attention that it made the series the talk of the game community again.

Yeah it was the talk of the community for BAD reasons and those interactions among the community are what made DmC to sell poorly to begin with.

DmC is one strong evidence that making alterations for the sake of drawing in publicity won't end up good especially when the publicity is bad to begin with.

With the spread of internet and opinions and people giving input ****ing off your fanbase by making changes they either don't like or view as good/necessary is the last thing you want to do if you want to make sales.

Also, wouldn't a DmC2 just be what DMC4 was to DMC3. An improved/altered DmC.

When you find something that works and everyone love it you try to improve upon it and evolve it to make it better.

SF example is a bad example because SF is a fighting game. Fighting game's have an establish system and if you try t0 radically change it or make it something else you either create a fighting system that the fans of the series don't like or is absolutely broken or a shadow of the original.

Tekken is the highest selling fighting game (or action game) of all time but it still uses the same combat system it had for the first game. The same characters who uses the same moves and attack animations and the only difference is the fact they clean up the animations, update the models, throw in some new mechanics, and have spin-off games with new mechanics like the Tag series. Its fundamentally the same game.

SCV tried to drastically alter its combat system by doing a lot of things and one of them being the addition of Super Moves like in Street Fighter or 2D fighters and removed a lot of characters/play-styles that people loved (Talim) and other alterations as an attempt to streamline the mechanics. It was very different from the last 4 games and it was radically hated and herald as the worst in the series (it does have the best character creator/customization mechanics).

That is just how sequels work especially in action/fighting games.

If you want to play a different game that is what other series are for.

MKH Spartan

For SCV the fanbase is very split up. There is the group who hates the new SCV, the group who thinks "OMG, IT'S AWESOME!" and the group who are like "It's not horrible, but there are a lot of issues with it". I happen to be in the third one, there are too many bugs/issues/glitches/balance issues etc, the Just Guard mechanic is stupid, they screwed jumping in one of their first patches because they went for a lazy fix on a bug and the damage in the game is "Wtf, I can full health combo you as Viola, but people say this game is "Balanced", right....".

I love the SC series, but they need to go back to what made people love it in the first place, and stop trying to turn it into barbie dressup and **** the combat system over.

That's my opinion on it anyway.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
For SCV the fanbase is very split up. There is the group who hates the new SCV, the group who thinks "OMG, IT'S AWESOME!" and the group who are like "It's not horrible, but there are a lot of issues with it". I happen to be in the third one, there are too many bugs/issues/glitches/balance issues etc, the Just Guard mechanic is stupid, they screwed jumping in one of their first patches because they went for a lazy fix on a bug and the damage in the game is "Wtf, I can full health combo you as Viola, but people say this game is "Balanced", right....".

I love the SC series, but they need to go back to what made people love it in the first place, and stop trying to turn it into barbie dressup and **** the combat system over.

That's my opinion on it anyway.

Wow now I think of it......this reminds me of the situation with DmC and the DMC fanbase.

Top Bottom