• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itsuno mentions Devil May Cry 5 in interview

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Interview with Itsuno - Dualshockers.com

In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.” Later on, I would even like to make a game that captures authentic fighting and, such as Street Fighter II did, to develop a new genre of fighting games.

its.happening.gif

What do you all think about this? Someone on Capcom probably already has plans for a Devil May Cry sequel? I think that even if they have nothing in mind at all, at least they have very solid plans to make a new Devil May Cry game.

IncarnatedDemon

I am being pesemistic.
One person said that he didn't know what to do if it wasnt for NT. That they might not make dmc5.
And capcom is going short on money, how much will they use on dmc5?
dmc5 could possibly be a milking project.
I predict dmc5 will have similar gameplay to dmc4 with improvements, and a poor story and graphical detail.

But we'll see.

IncarnatedDemon

Does it really mean much? The reboot failed at attempting to do what they hoped it would do: sell well and replace original.
And now with rumor that the company is losing money they are all of sudden for a dmc5.

But it will be very interesting how this will turn out.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I see it as those are games he has ideas for rather than games that Capcom might make.
Sounds like it too. Unless Capcom have been in contact with him, or maybe he's just throwing hints their way.
mrs-robinson-gif.gif

Itsuno: Come on Capcom, you know you want my leg, my glorious well shaved leg.

And to double check, Hideaki Itsuno was the director of Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4, while Hideki Kamiya directed the very first game? Their first games are so similar I'm getting confused.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Does it really mean much? The reboot failed at attempting to do what they hoped it would do: sell well and replace original.
And now with rumor that the company is losing money they are all of sudden for a dmc5.

But it will be very interesting how this will turn out.

I think it means, well, at least they've not scrapped it all.

Sounds like it too. Unless Capcom have been in contact with him, or maybe he's just throwing hints their way.

Itsuno: Come on Capcom, you know you want my leg, my glorious well shaved leg.

And to double check, Hideaki Itsuno was the director of Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4, while Hideki Kamiya directed the very first game? Their first games are so similar I'm getting confused.

You're right! Kamiya worked as the director only to the first game.

Top Bottom