• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

it wasn't meant to be insulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I don't think it really matters if they tried to offend or not, but the thing is: some people felt like this was a poke to the old fanbase, and well, this backfired at them. It is their problem if they make some joke that can be misunderstanded, i think if it was really an irony with Dante's fate, they could came to public and say that they were sincerely sorry and the joke was not meant to offend the old fans or even the very creators of the character that made his hair white and long.

Judging by Tameem's arrogance right from the start of all the bullshit, the presentations, the clearly disdain he showed to the franchise and the old series itself, i would say that it was on purpose. Tameem honestly think he's a genius of the modern videogame writting, and people who speak about themselves in such high terms have an ego greater than their own greatness; i've never see Kojima talking this way about himself, and he's a real genius of the videogame industry, the Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid series created and redefined stealth games respectively and the games are so well made that it's hard to complain about anything. So, yeah, i don't trust Tameem, and he never showed a sign of humility; so i really don't care about a person like this, and sadly, if it means that i have to boycott his entire team because of his retardness, so be it; i think that there are really talented people inside NT that would be better without Tameem being an asshole and ****ing with their image.

IncarnatedDemon

Kam has a valid point Jak, everyone, and by everyone i mean many people, are saying the DMC fans that refused to play DmC did it because of a hair colour.
When their complaint was bigger than a hair colour, it was about them not wanting to play DmC because it was a rebooted character and not original Dante.

And the few people who write "I want white hair" or "I hate black hair" aren't exactly elaborating on their reasoning. People don't out of nowhere just make a complaint about a hair colour of a character, it's unlogical, therefor there must be a reason why people made the complaint in DmC controversy.
That reason is - character change, people did not want a rebooted Dante.

As for wig scene, i honestly do not know whether the wig scene was established before or after the CGI trailer that was released in 2010, but i feel that they established it after the trailer on basis of that they said they worked a whole year on character design.
You could say the wig scene serves a ironic meaning, but that meaning looses it's value when you consider that Devil trigger gave him white hair.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't think it really matters if they tried to offend or not, but the thing is: some people felt like this was a poke to the old fanbase, and well, this backfired at them. It is their problem if they make some joke that can be misunderstanded,

Those people are idiots. They need to grow up, get over themselves, and quit crying like little f#cking babies. Geez, this sh!t is ridiculous.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Kam has a valid point Jak, everyone, and by everyone i mean many people, are saying the DMC fans that refused to play DmC did it because of a hair colour.
When their complaint was bigger than a hair colour, it was about them not wanting to play DmC because it was a rebooted character and not original Dante.

And the few people who write "I want white hair" or "I hate black hair" aren't exactly elaborating on their reasoning. People don't out of nowhere just make a complaint about a hair colour of a character, it's unlogical, therefor there must be a reason why people made the complaint in DmC controversy.
That reason is - character change, people did not want a rebooted Dante.

As for wig scene, i honestly do not know whether the wig scene was established before or after the CGI trailer that was released in 2010, but i feel that they established it after the trailer on basis of that they said they worked a whole year on character design.
You could say the wig scene serves a ironic meaning, but that meaning looses it's value when you consider that Devil trigger gave him white hair.

trust me. i get it. i really do. my prime example is the new 52 for me. this is one reboot i can't stand. and a lot of people are for the new 52 try to down the old fans of DC comics. saying that the only reason we hate the reboot is because of the new character designs or us not being open to change or that that we aren't willing enough to give the new writers a chance. when thats not the case. personally, i'm just angry that so many characters i grew up and fell in love with are gone. and the timeline is so ****ed up now. i just don't like it. and i do understand that when you guys say that its not just the hair, trust me i get it. but weather i asked for the change or not, its here. god knows i didn't ask to be here (or if i wanna be here) but i am. and i guess i gotta deal with it. hell, maybe in the future i might begin to like it.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
real cute buddy. honestly. very amusing. see kids. this is what happens when you read something and only see what you want to see.
what exactly do you have against using commas?

But on a more serious note, I've never subscribed to the belief "it happened, we have to deal with it right now." Even the most unperceptive developer might eventually listen to some form of feedback, and if that ever happens I don't want them to catch me saying "oh man I love the new characters and that hair joke was hilarious!" just because I thought it was hopeless and my only option was to live with it.

Those people are idiots. They need to grow up, get over themselves, and quit crying like little f#cking babies. Geez, this sh!t is ridiculous.
Some people think the hair joke was written by idiots. You need to grow up, get over yourself, and quit crying like a f#cking baby. Deal with the fact that not everyone found funny what you found funny. Geez, this sh!t is ridiculous.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

But on a more serious note, I've never subscribed to the belief "it happened, we have to deal with it right now." Even the most unperceptive developer might eventually listen to some form of feedback, and if that ever happens I don't want them to catch me saying "oh man I love the new characters and that hair joke was hilarious!" just because I thought it was hopeless and my only option was to live with it.

Some people think the hair joke was written by idiots. You need to grow up, get over yourself, and quit crying like a f#cking baby. Deal with the fact that not everyone found funny what you found funny. Geez, this sh!t is ridiculous.

look. i get you're upset. but it doesn't give you the right to be a jerk about it. now i'm not justifying the people who are being assholes against DMC but i'm not gonna sit here and have DmC get dissed as well. it was a joke. so what. the reality is: you don't like the joke. but tough ****, its out of your hands. in many ways, its like me. it didn't ask be be thrown out into the world, but its there. and looks like the world is gonna have to deal with it. now i admire your "give 'em hell" attitude towards the situation, but enough is enough.

EllDawn

If you've looked at comments on DmC pictures posted on facebook, the majority of them say something akin to, "The old Dante/Vergil looked better." Followed by several replies agreeing. They're not specifying hair, but it's still the character's appearance. And they don't say anything more than that. Maybe if they'd actually give reasons for being against the game, instead of comparing how the two Dantes look, they'd actually be respected for their opinions.

Kam

look. i get you're upset. but it doesn't give you the right to be a jerk about it. now i'm not justifying the people who are being assholes against DMC but i'm not gonna sit here and have DmC get dissed as well. it was a joke. so what. the reality is: you don't like the joke. but tough ****, its out of your hands. in many ways, its like me. it didn't ask be be thrown out into the world, but its there. and looks like the world is gonna have to deal with it. now i admire your "give 'em hell" attitude towards the situation, but enough is enough.

I'm giving feedback on the joke. Considering this thread was created with the sole purpose of bashing on that feedback before I'd even made it, I'd say you already lost the right to tell me to stop giving it.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I'm giving feedback on the joke. Considering this thread was created with the sole purpose of bashing on that feedback before I'd even made it, I'd say you already lost the right to tell me to stop giving it.

sorry kam. i had a personal thing earlier and i took your joke the wrong way. thats my fault.

Kam

If you've looked at comments on DmC pictures posted on facebook, the majority of them say something akin to, "The old Dante/Vergil looked better." Followed by several replies agreeing. They're not specifying hair, but it's still the character's appearance. And they don't say anything more than that. Maybe if they'd actually give reasons for being against the game, instead of comparing how the two Dantes look, they'd actually be respected for their opinions.

appearance and "game is worth playing" are two totally different things. Personally I don't like new dante's jacket, I feel like the wide hanging hoody look is douchy. The hair color I was actually in favor of; since it's a prequel, a dark haired douchebag that somehow ends up as a white haired upbeat cheeseball means something huge must have happened, and it would make for an amazing story to tell

Kam

sorry kam. i had a personal thing earlier and i took your joke the wrong way. thats my fault.

sorry I'm jumping on you more than I should too. This subject has become a really touchy one after 2 years of being rubbed the wrong way by it, so I took out a lot of that on you and you didn't deserve all that. Truce?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
sorry I'm jumping on you more than I should too. This subject has become a really touchy one after 2 years of being rubbed the wrong way by it, so I took out a lot of that on you and you didn't deserve all that. Truce?

done. while we're at it
zim%2Bcookie%2B7673-have_5f00_a_5f00_cookie_5f00_by_5f00_dannys_5f00_angel.jpg

Reactions: Kam

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I didn't find it really that funny but I knew what it was. It was suppose to be ironic and the white hair was actually significant in DmC because it symbolizes Dante's growth and basically the realization of his destiny. But you guys totally forget that part. Your arguments are invalid and I'm tired of this whining. I understood the context of it. Thinking it was some kind of insult is idiotic. Just that this is even a discussion is stupid because anyone with a brain understood the wig thing and also didn't take it so f#cking seriously.

I should have gotten p!ssed off at the Arrow writers then when they had Merlyn bring up the idea of Oliver calling himself Green Arrow and he called it lame. How could they?! Green Arrow is my favorite DC hero! They are disrespecting me and insulting me! . :| Please.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
If only people would make more respectable and tolerable views/opinions, none of this BS wouldn't be happening right now. They may have made valid points, but the way they say it ended up upsetting others. People I am referring to here are DMC fans who hate DmC, DmC fans who defend it blindly, and Tameem Antonaides himself too... LysseC and I have been discussing this in my profile comments. GF9000Return's thread "Am I the only one who understands Tameem?" proved that there are some, like him, who understands the guy.

And Jak. You made a good point that rebooting DMC was too early to do so and that they could've waited for more games for them to decide whether to reboot or not, like with Konami deciding to reboot Castlevania after so many games for it because they are done with the old Dracula story for he is officially dead as Julius Belmont killed him last in the original timeline. They asked themselves "We killed Dracula? So what then?" Their only choice is to reboot it, to start everything anew.

Look at both sides of the coin people; most of you are just looking at one side of it!

Kam

I didn't find it really that funny but I knew what it was. It was suppose to be ironic and the white hair was actually significant in DmC because it symbolizes Dante's growth and basically the realization of his destiny. But you guys totally forget that part. Your arguments are invalid and I'm tired of this whining. I understood the context of it. Thinking it was some kind of insult is idiotic. Just that this is even a discussion is stupid because anyone with a brain understood the wig thing and also didn't take it so f#cking seriously.

I should have gotten p!ssed off at the Arrow writers then when they had Merlyn bring up the idea of Oliver calling himself Green Arrow and he called it lame. How could they?! Green Arrow is my favorite DC hero! They are disrespecting me and insulting me! . :| Please.
chancy, you're done. I held out for a long time hoping that one day you'd say something redeeming, but you haven't, and I've run out of patience for your emotional rambling nonsense. You can keep alchemist company on a very short list I've been keeping.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If only people would make more respectable and tolerable views/opinions, none of this BS wouldn't be happening right now. They may have made valid points, but the way they say it ended up upsetting others. People I am referring to here are DMC fans who hate DmC, DmC fans who defend it blindly, and Tameem Antonaides himself too... LysseC and I have been discussing this in my profile comments. GF9000Return's thread "Am I the only one who understands Tameem?" proved that there are some, like him, who understands the guy.

And Jak. You made a good point that rebooting DMC was too early to do so and that they could've waited for more games for them to decide whether to reboot or not, like with Konami deciding to reboot Castlevania after so many games for it because they are done with the old Dracula story for he is officially dead as Julius Belmont killed him last in the original timeline. They asked themselves "We killed Dracula? So what then?" Their only choice is to reboot it, to start everything anew.

Look at both sides of the coin people; most of you are just looking at one side of it!
People took whatever they wanted from a lot of things. Interpreting things in their own way. And for some weird reason an obsession with one guy. It's funny how fans are acting like people at NT cast the first stone. No they didn't. Can that dude, whatever the f#ck his name is, be a little arrogant? Yes.

Did he also play it passive to a lot of fans who were berating him? Yes. We had fans who sent death threats as well as some guy on Twitter who berated him every single day photoshopping his face on gay dudes. If he had a few come backs for the obnoxious people in this fan base then I don't blame him. Don't fling sh!t if you aren't prepared for someone to fling it back.

Geez, people were acting like NT killed their dogs or raped their parents. There are worst people in the gaming industry. Peter Moleneux being one of the worst in my opinion. That guy is the king of liars in the industry. Hideki Kamiya, the guy the some people in the DMC fanbase worships the ground he f#cking walks on is can even just be a freaking douchbag in my opinion. I know of the stuff he's done. Especially recently when he responded to some fans with a very unprovoked "F#ck off" about Smash Bros. 4.

This complaining that's still not letting up and over the most trivial of things is a crying shame man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom