• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It seems another Person is interested in continuing DMC.

IncarnatedDemon

YES! A LOT! Go to the facebook page and look at any comments on something about DmC or that Dante, or look back at any of the comment sections of videos about the new Dante, and you've got a vast majority going "DIS ISN'T DANTE!" My personal favorite was "That's not Dante! That's an emo-pussy faggot!" Just rolls right off the tongue.
And they are absoutely right, it is not Dante, but a version. In the end the gameplay spoke for itself. It was not much better than past games's gameplay.
As far as the story goes...it wasn't anything to brag about.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And they are absoutely right, it is not Dante, but a version.

tumblr_mmwhpvElOq1s8l4eao1_500.gif

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why do you take offense to the fact that NTDante is a version and not the character people have attatched the name "Dante" to for years?

No, he probably put that gif there because you keep doing this whole "Don't call him old Dante because its offensive" crap.

I don't care what anyone called new Dante or old Dante because their just characters of a video game, not gods that should be worshiped.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Why do you take offense to the fact that NTDante is a version and not the character people have attatched the name "Dante" to for years?
In my opinion, Each Games Dante is a "Version" retaining only a few core traits from DMC1 Dante, or as I call him "Dante Prime."

2Dante played up Dante's badassasry and professional side, but in the process made him lose the spark of fun that we loved in Dante Prime. He comes across as a jaded, older, colder version of Dante Prime ("Don't talk. Just die"), a man who lost everything, and only at the end ("King? Here's your crown." "Let's go all the way to hell") does he rediscover his fun side.

3Dante played up his fun loving side and immature cheesiness, but sacrificed most of his serious side for it("Some party Verg. No food, no drinks, and the only girl just left"). Again, it's only toward the end that he matures and takes steps to becoming more like Dante Prime. ("Devil's never cry." "My soul wants to stop you!")

4Dante....Well, he acts like he's going through a mid-life crisis. He's even more cocky and manic than even 3Dante, who had the excuse of being 19. While he has one or two serious moments ("It's got to stay in the family") Most of it is just cringe inducing "comedy" (Shakespeare scene, "First I whip it out!")

reDante plays up BOTH Dante's fun-loving and rage-filled sides, diminishing his heroic side. To make a comparison, He's like Eric Draven from The Crow. His victims deserve it, but it makes him almost as much of a monster to take such glee in their deaths. 2/3rds of the way into the game, though, he starts becoming more like Dante Prime, losing his original "Revenge" motif and becoming a protector of humans instead.

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

No, he probably put that gif there because you keep doing this whole "Don't call him old Dante because its offensive" crap.

I don't care what anyone called new Dante or old Dante because their just characters of a video game, not gods that should be worshiped.
I was simply making an observation of you refering to original Dante. call Dante whatever you want.

You don't see me disagreeing on that :thumbsup:
I always picture Dante as dmc1 dante.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In my opinion, Each Games Dante is a "Version" retaining only a few core traits from DMC1 Dante, or as I call him "Dante Prime."

2Dante played up Dante's badassasry and professional side, but in the process made him lose the spark of fun that we loved in Dante Prime. He comes across as a jaded, older, colder version of Dante Prime ("Don't talk. Just die"), a man who lost everything, and only at the end ("King? Here's your crown." "Let's go all the way to hell") does he rediscover his fun side.

3Dante played up his fun loving side and immature cheesiness, but sacrificed most of his serious side for it("Some party Verg. No food, no drinks, and the only girl just left"). Again, it's only toward the end that he matures and takes steps to becoming more like Dante Prime. ("Devil's never cry." "My soul wants to stop you!")

4Dante....Well, he acts like he's going through a mid-life crisis. He's even more cocky and manic than even 3Dante, who had the excuse of being 19. While he has one or two serious moments ("It's got to stay in the family") Most of it is just cringe inducing "comedy" (Shakespeare scene, "First I whip it out!")

reDante plays up BOTH Dante's fun-loving and rage-filled sides, diminishing his heroic side. To make a comparison, He's like Eric Draven from The Crow. His victims deserve it, but it makes him almost as much of a monster to take such glee in their deaths. 2/3rds of the way into the game, though, he starts becoming more like Dante Prime, losing his original "Revenge" motif and becoming a protector of humans instead.

Funny part is that DMC4 is after the anime in which Dante for the most part is either depressed or moody. Having your partner leave you and be in major debt to well an heartless ice queen and having zero friends to talk to outside an annoying little girl can break a man's spirit. Finally getting out of debt, getting his partner back, and having Patty around made him see life in a more positive perspective like when Julius from Everybody Hates Chris who was stern up tight dad starts working at the morgue and is the polar opposite of that and is very cheery.

I guess each DMC game explores a different moment of Dante's life. Another fact that each game takes place like years after each other.

DMC3: A more carefree young Dante who had to man up and grow up and face his responsibilities as the son of Sparda.

DMC1: With very little interaction with other people and constantly hunting down devils so he can get closer to the his mother's murder is a more darker and sensitive moment in Dante's life dealing with finally facing his mother's killer and a woman who looks like her.

Anime: A more depressed Dante who was for the most part thought life was going well for him after meeting Trish and getting his justice but Trish leaves him and his friends start treating him like trash. So now its just slaying demons after demons until he takes in a little girl and finds a spark in his life again.

DMC4: A veteran who for the most part done it all and gotten used to it as well as gotten over his darker aspects of his past (which was a strong point in DMC1 Dante's character) and he himself stated it to Echinda that a fun fight once a while can make life a little more interesting. It would seem DMC4 Dante was just getting tired of the same old routine and finding ways to spice things up a bit (a midlife crisis sounds pretty fitting). A bit more reckless and I wouldn't call him cocky but more confident. Plus with Nero constantly brooding, shouting, and angst someone needed to mellow the mood once in a while...or calm Nero.

DMC2: The most mature of the Dante's. Its unknown how he got to this point but I would say he is a more serious version of DMC4 Dante. He is so experienced and used to this stuff he just ran out of stuff to say so he mostly quiet. It wasn't until the end when he was going to hell when he seemed to seem very excited as he hoped for a fun challenge in hell because stopping senile old people, a businessman, religious cult, and demon peons does get tiredsome.

One thing DMC2 and DMC4 Dante have in common are that they can seem indifferent to the whole situation, Dante in DMC4 seeming to take everything as a joke or most things or DMC2 Dante using a trick coin to decide if he'll do something rather than just do it, but if someone he seems to care about or trust he will be very supportive giving Lucia comfort when she was going suicidal or calming Nero, trusting him and allowing him to make his own mistakes and learn to shoulder the burden if he messes up (for that is how he learned), and even rooting for him and being like a grown up figure for him. The story of DMC4 was about Nero and Dante was there for Nero and his character growth rather than the game being about him like in DMC3 and DMC1.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Then he leaves the company right before the game is announced.....yeah that sounds pretty fishy.

He knew the sh*tstorm he could've caused and left Capcom making sure none of the blame goes to him.

He steered the ship into an iceberg and jumped ship before impact.

I reward Keiji Inafune with the...........

5648461512_34a929ffaa_z.jpg
So this is what Keiji Inafune did? This is why he left Capcom?

I've now lost my respect for him... -_-

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!

I have to agree in everything you've said! Each Dante is a different interpretation of himself. Ever since DMC2, Dante has become different versions of himself. Kamiya-san's tweets regarding "Dante has changed" still lingers in my mind!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

I don't take any offense to it...like at all. On the list of things I could possibly take offense to, this ranks below a mother breastfeeding her child in public.

I am, however, annoyed by your apparent complete and utter lack of understanding of how the English language works, and refusing to acknowledge that many words like "new" have more than one meaning and use.

Now, are you ready for this? Open up your brain-toilet because I'm about to drop some knowledge in it - I can state that the Dante we have in DmC is, wait for it...wait for it...wait for iiiiiiit~ a new version of Dante. Dun-dun-dun~

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So this is what Keiji Inafune did? This is why he left Capcom?

I've now lost my respect for him... -_-

To be fair, he actually left Capcom because of how they mishandled Mega Man. He left when they quietly killed Legends 3, because they essentially killed one of their flagship franchises for...whatever reason. While Inafune is high up on the food chain, there's still plenty of f#ckheads above him making horrible decisions.

IncarnatedDemon

I don't take any offense to it...like at all. On the list of things I could possibly take offense to, this ranks below a mother breastfeeding her child in public.

I am, however, annoyed by your apparent complete and utter lack of understanding of how the English language works, and refusing to acknowledge that many words like "new" have more than one meaning and use.

Now, are you ready for this? Open up your brain-toilet because I'm about to drop some knowledge in it - I can state that the Dante we have in DmC is, wait for it...wait for it...wait for iiiiiiit~ a new version of Dante. Dun-dun-dun~
Allow me to educate you.
original Dante, dmc1 Dante is not a version. Therefor calling NTDante for new Dante, short for new version Dante, would imply that there has been one or more versions prior to this new one.
So look at it from that perspective and there is no new in the picture, just ...a version of Dante.

Do you follow or is your mind overheating?

Sunaka Marién

Allow me to educate you.
original Dante, dmc1 Dante is not a version. Therefor calling NTDante for new Dante, short for new version Dante, would imply that there has been one or more versions prior to this new one.
So look at it from that perspective and there is no new in the picture, just ...a version of Dante.

Right, so we're just gonna ignore how people had the whole DMC1Dante, DMC2Dante, DMC3Dante, DMC4Dante, AnimeDante etc. thing going for, like, years. This kind of thing is also a way to differentiate between the different incarnations, or differenet versions of Dante.
Not to mention that if it is ok to say that DmCDante is a version of the other Dante(s), that automatically makes classic/old/whatever you wanna call him-Dante a version aswell, the original version.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Allow me to educate you.

I cannot believe you just said that. IncaDemo...I'm gonna tell you this, and I honestly do not care anymore; I'm sorry, but you are an idiot, and everything that you just said was idiotic. You have disregarded the definitions of words, and substituted in your own, expecting people to adhere to those wholly incorrect definitions, and concede in the discussion. For that, I come to the conclusion that you're an idiot.

Remember - one variation of "old" and "new" is the times in which they come into fruition. "New" meaning the most recent, in this case "New Dante" is the most recent incarnation.

On "versions," you are correct in saying that DMC1 Dante is the original. However, in the process of there being more incarnations of Dante as the franchise grew, we identify them as different versions, and yes, DMC1 is a version of Dante. DmC Dante is a new version of Dante, while DCM1 Dante (my favorite Dante) is the old/previous/classic/whatever version of Dante.

Being one "version" of many does not deny something's status as "the original," case in point the phrase "the original version."

I could look at it from your perspective, but then I'd be using words wrong, or at the least omitting how some words work in order for them to fit some idiotic convenience.

Consider yourself f#cking educated.

-------------​

Angel, Draken, Steve, or whomever deals with this here post - I apologize to you for rocking the boat, but I am not sorry for saying what I've said. Forums are great for discussion and debate, but this is not something that should require discussion. I (and probably others) am tired of arguing semantics with someone who doesn't seem to have a firm grasp of the English language, it bogs down threads with nothing. I'd have reported it all long ago if I ever thought it was acceptable to report someone for what amounts to a lack of comprehension...

IncarnatedDemon

I cannot believe you just said that. IncaDemo...I'm gonna tell you this, and I honestly do not care anymore; I'm sorry, but you are an idiot, and everything that you just said was idiotic. You have disregarded the definitions of words, and substituted in your own, expecting people to adhere to those wholly incorrect definitions, and concede in the discussion. For that, I come to the conclusion that you're an idiot.

Remember - one variation of "old" and "new" is the times in which they come into fruition. "New" meaning the most recent, in this case "New Dante" is the most recent incarnation.

On "versions," you are correct in saying that DMC1 Dante is the original. However, in the process of there being more incarnations of Dante as the franchise grew, we identify them as different versions, and yes, DMC1 is a version of Dante. DmC Dante is a new version of Dante, while DCM1 Dante (my favorite Dante) is the old/previous/classic/whatever version of Dante.

Being one "version" of many does not deny something's status as "the original," case in point the phrase "the original version."

I could look at it from your perspective, but then I'd be using words wrong, or at the least omitting how some words work in order for them to fit some idiotic convenience.

Consider yourself f#cking educated.

-------------​

Angel, Draken, Steve, or whomever deals with this here post - I apologize to you for rocking the boat, but I am not sorry for saying what I've said. Forums are great for discussion and debate, but this is not something that should require discussion. I (and probably others) am tired of arguing semantics with someone who doesn't seem to have a firm grasp of the English language, it bogs down threads with nothing. I'd have reported it all long ago if I ever thought it was acceptable to report someone for what amounts to a lack of comprehension...
Your right, i've understood things wrong. I'm done talking to you.

Top Bottom