• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It seems another Person is interested in continuing DMC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The way some fans use it is a way to make Dante invalid. It's same thing as saying D.I.N.O for some people (not every1).
And if classic is not a insult, then isnt "Old Dante"?

Of course not every1 puts something behind them, but for DM's sake i highly doubt he uses Old and classic Dante out of respect for the character.

No, I use it for differentiation. When I say Old Dante or my recent name for DMC4 Dante; "Douche McDickhead", then I'm using it as an insult, but Classic Dante is a form of differentiation.

IncarnatedDemon

*sigh*
New, meaning the most recent iteration, as opposed to old, meaning what came before.
As i told you, Dante is a identity not a alias. A identity of a real living human or a character can never become old or new, unless you file in a name change.

Just because you accept the reboot character as new, which btw you can differentiate with NTDante or RebootDante, does not make him new.
That's just you applying the word new onto a different character as if he's new.

IncarnatedDemon

No, I use it for differentiation. When I say Old Dante or my recent name for DMC4 Dante; "Douche McDickhead", then I'm using it as an insult, but Classic Dante is a form of differentiation.
original Dante has been Dante for over 10 years, but with inception of rebootDante he became old/classic Dante to you instead of calling NTDante for reboot/nt Dante, and original for Dante.

I know why you use the word, keep using it, but dont think i am a fool. Its same reason why people use D.I.N.O or Donte, only that they used those names for a different reason.

The idea is that if you call Dante for classic or old, and NTDante for new Dante , makes it so that you can project the reboot character you love as the new thing or the successor and relevant while original is something we should look back on. Perhaps your doing this subconciously?

Just very fact you have started using OLD/classic Dante shows your attitude towards the character. I bet you called him Dante for years, until you started liking the reboot...

DragonMaster2010

original Dante has been Dante for over 10 years, but with inception of rebootDante he became old/classic Dante to you instead of calling NTDante for reboot/nt Dante, and original for Dante.

I know why you use the word, keep using it, but dont think i am a fool. Its same reason why people use D.I.N.O or Donte, only that they used those names for a different reason.

The idea is that if you call Dante for classic or old, and NTDante for new Dante , makes it so that you can project the reboot character you love as the new thing and relevant while original is something we should look back on.

Just very fact you have started using OLD/classic Dante shows your attitude towards the character. I bet you called him Dante for years, until you started liking the reboot...

Y'know what.........okay then.
tumblr_inline_mskglfToxl1qz4rgp.gif

You win. I call him old Dante or classic Dante not out of the little respect I have for him and the community in general, but because I'm a giant d!ck waffle who's no better then the fanboys calling new Dante "Donte".
43060592.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

Let me ask you, if you really have equal respect or wish to have both characters , why did you start calling Dante for Old/classic, when all you could do to differentiate the two is

Dante = for original whos existed for around 10 years
Reboot/NTDante = for the reboot
It's logical why you used Old and New on the original and the version. To make it look like they are the same and thus promote the reboot overriding the original.

There is a reason why you call original Dante for Old/classic, when you could have even used original Dante and Reboot Dante to differentiate them.
But no, old and new Dante.

But whatever, keep denying it.

DragonMaster2010

Let me ask you, if you really have equal respect or wish to have both characters , why did you start calling Dante for Old/classic, when all you could do to differentiate the two is

Dante = for original whos existed for around 10 years
Reboot/NTDante = for the reboot
It's logical why you used Old and New on the original and the version. To make it look like they are the same and thus promote the reboot overriding the original.

There is a reason why you call original Dante for Old/classic, when you could have even used original Dante and Reboot Dante to differentiate them.
But no, old and new Dante.

But whatever, keep denying it.

tumblr_mxi4i2bUH91rv8riho3_400.jpg

I'm so done.

IncarnatedDemon

Keep using those names. I dont mind it much. I brought it up to prove my point that your buthurt over reboot not selling well, and you start speculating about dmc5 and make assertions that you dont have much going for.

Its not a big deal to me, but bsing me about "I dont use them without a agenda"...is a bit annoying but whatever. Ill just ignore it.

IncarnatedDemon

Wow even I'm (who is not in this conversation or going against him) is baffled. Might as well leave this forum if you don't want to put up with him anymore.
Why am i a villain when he is one patronizing fans as a bunch of sheeps who buys a game only because of Dante?
Dont like me, i dont care, but dont paint me as a villain just because i reply to someone who has a patronizing view of the fanbase...

I'm expecting the worse common denominator version of DMC5 where its nothing but a cheap attempt to win the DMC community back. Will the fans take it? Hell yeah they will. Because anything with old Dante on the cover now will sell like hotcakes.

DragonMaster2010

Why am i a villain when he is one patronizing fans as a bunch of sheeps who buys a game only because of Dante?

I never said sheep though. I said fans in general because what does EVERYONE of the DMC fanbase want right now? Old/Classic Dante from the past 4 games.

Dont like me, i dont care, but dont paint me as a villain just because i reply to someone who has a patronizing view of the fanbase...

That's not patronizing, that's looking at it through a mass communication view.

IncarnatedDemon

That would be the case but didn't the argument shift to what proper term to call the......2 Dantes instead?
Wasn't my intention.

That's not patronizing, that's looking at it through a mass communication view.
It's patronizing because you paint a wrong picture. It's always been a priority of people on this board that gameplay must be good.
Dante is just a lesser significant factor for a fun dmc game.
He matters but, he doesnt matter as much as you say he does with your comment.
But nvm this, people dont want to hear more from me, so ill stop.

And like i said, i dont care about your intentions and what you call Dante.
But in future i suggest providing real evidence before you make a claim like that.

DragonMaster2010

Wasn't my intention.

It's patronizing because you paint a wrong picture. It's always been a priority of people on this board that gameplay must be good.
Dante is just a lesser significant factor for a fun dmc game.

Really? So what Dante looks like doesn't matter?

May I remind you of this dude?
dmc-dante1.jpg

No gameplay was shown.
No definite detail on story was told.
Just a trailer with a dude with black hair saying "My name is Dante".

Now, how many people were ****ed off of Dante's new look?
Y'know, since you said how Dante is a lesser significant factor to a fun DMC game.

IncarnatedDemon

Really? So what Dante looks like doesn't matter?

May I remind you of this dude?
dmc-dante1.jpg

No gameplay was shown.
No definite detail on story was told.
Just a trailer with a dude with black hair saying "My name is Dante".

Now, how many people were ****ed off of Dante's new look?
Y'know, since you said how Dante is a lesser significant factor to a fun DMC game.
I don't know how many people were ****ed off, alot i am sure. But do you have any data that supports or hints towards the thought that majority of people did not give a chance to reboot after it was released because Dante was not in it?
Plus have you thought that people did not want to support the game because it would mean destruction of original Dante, as all reboots try to do if they end up being successful?

Also it wouldn't be very devil may cry without Dante just like it wouldn't be without demons.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Why am i a villain

BECAUSE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO ADHERE TO YOUR DEFINITIONS OF WORDS AND PHRASES WHEN I MYSELF AM NOT ENTIRELY SURE YOU EVEN HAVE A VERY GOOD GRASP OF ENGLISH!

Seriously. You're not allowed to be upset when people properly use words that you don't agree with and append your own wildly specific definitions to. Get a f#cking dictionary, for the love of Christ.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I don't know how many people were ****ed off, alot i am sure. But do you have any data that supports or hints towards the thought that majority of people did not give a chance to reboot after it was released because Dante was not in it?

YES! A LOT! Go to the facebook page and look at any comments on something about DmC or that Dante, or look back at any of the comment sections of videos about the new Dante, and you've got a vast majority going "DIS ISN'T DANTE!" My personal favorite was "That's not Dante! That's an emo-pussy faggot!" Just rolls right off the tongue.

Top Bottom