• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this DmC title the most ambitious in the series

If its Parallel universe then there should be a way to atleast peek the original universe

• Yes it is canon to the series because its the alternate self of dante

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No because its a Reboot

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I don

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Zilla

The inFAAMous
why do we feel DMC 4 destroyed the series?

>The game lacked dark and gloomy atmosphere

This is totally from memory, but I thought the massive Castle was quite creepy, especially how it creeps out around the edge of the snowy mountain the first time you're heading towards it.

>Nero just fuc*ed up the story

I didn't feel He messed it up, it was a tale worth telling--if only they told the half of it. Who is Nero? Where did He come from? What's with the arm? How is He connected to Sparda, etc. For what We got though, it wasn't the worst, and can certainly be addressed if Capcom feel the need for a DMC 5.

>(other than credo) None of the characters are likable !

Lady is likable. (<3)

>The story was really like a cheesy-ass Romance Anime which you can find every now and then at animax

I'll give You that one, it did turn the love element up to 9001.

> The enemy designs's sucked ! except for the mundus's demons all other demons suck

I actually liked the enemy design, the Scarecrows reminded Me of DMC 1's Puppets with their bright mismatched colours, erratic movement and their blade appendages. Also it was a nice throwback to have the Frosts return. As for bosses, some were a little lacking, but the real star is Bael/Dagon. His design is superb, the obvious inspiration being an Angler fish, the way it uses it's bright attractive bulb dangling from it's forehead to lure in poor, unsuspecting fish. But instead, with Bael/Dagon, we have 2 butt-naked, Demon babes playing with their selves; As good a lure as any!

Me in bold.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Really I don't think anyone will buy this game because everyones going to be up to their necks in Christmas bills

EDIT: Am I the only one who liked the story of DMC3, 4's story was crap, but 3 had Character development, he went from a jokester who made badass one liners, to DMC1 Dante. He even shed a tear by the end of the game, call it cheesy if you want, but I felt more emotional connection to that cutscene than I did to half the crap in the Harry Potter series

He sheds one tear, and I'm suppose to feel emotional?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
He sheds one tear, and I'm suppose to feel emotional?
Well exactly what has new Dante done so far besides be a
A. Kratos rip off (2010)
B.DMC3 Dante ripoff (2012)

I really have found nothing likable about him. Plus that one tear was more emotional than a good bit of the crap kids call 'movies' these days

( the only modern movies I enjoyed were cloverfield and the avengers and a few others)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well exactly what has new Dante done so far besides be a
A. Kratos rip off (2010)
B.DMC3 Dante ripoff (2012)

I really have found nothing likable about him. Plus that one tear was more emotional than a good bit of the crap kids call 'movies' these days

( the only modern movies I enjoyed were cloverfield and the avengers and a few others)

I said nothing about new Dante. I said I can't get emotional over ONE tear drop.

ZeroLove

Really I don't think anyone will buy this game because everyones going to be up to their necks in Christmas bills

I don't buy Christmas presents except for my nearest and dearest, and we don't buy super expensive stuff for one another, because we cherrish eachothers company and having a nice evening together instead of being materialistic. So I will be able to afford the game when it comes out. ^^

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Me in bold.

This is totally from memory, but I thought the massive Castle was quite creepy, especially how it creeps out around the edge of the snowy mountain the first time you're heading towards it.
>> Yeah the castle idea was nice but it seemed like it was polished and well maintained it wasn't creepy at all
>> Nero was just uncalled for
Lady is likable. (<3)
>> She & trish only gets like 5 or 10 seconds of screen time does that make that character likable ??

I actually liked the enemy design, the Scarecrows reminded Me of DMC 1's Puppets with their bright mismatched colours, erratic movement and their blade appendages. Also it was a nice throwback to have the Frosts return. As for bosses, some were a little lacking, but the real star is Bael/Dagon. His design is superb, the obvious inspiration being an Angler fish, the way it uses it's bright attractive bulb dangling from it's forehead to lure in poor, unsuspecting fish. But instead, with Bael/Dagon, we have 2 butt-naked, Demon babes playing with their selves; As good a lure as any!
Yes you're right BUT it lacked the grittiness and eeriness ! they just seems like maggot stuffed stupid scumbags rather then creepy lifeless puppets who won't stop until you're dead !

300px-Marionette_%26_Bloody_Mari.jpg
Creepy...... the more disturbing fact is that they bleed hinting that they may be resurrected ppl of the castle who were slain by mundus's army when conquering the human world another thing was the death animations they repeatedly keep stabbing you even after you're dead now that's brutal !

images
Hideous and nasty looking design ! die worm !
But if Hideki Kamiya and other story creators join up and make Fifth DMC game, a prequal, then i can expect something great
Isn't DMC3 already a prequel ?? all we need is a really awesome departure of Dante with a BANG !

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
But what if That team isn't on there. Would you believe that a DMC5 would be as good as DMC1? While I know there are some games that have crappy stories and still succeed, this is DMC we're talking about. I just wish DMC could have a better layout on story and have better character development. That feeling when a character dies, it's the saddest thing to see. I felt nothing when Vergil fell off the edge because I hardly saw much from Dante and and he seemed to have shrugged it off, until Lady saw that one tear. If my brother fell off the edge and possibly died, I'd be bauling my eyes out.
No sarcasm there, what you said is very observant :)
If the team that should be tehre for a DMC 5 (prequal or sequal- whatever) then a DMC 5 won't be any good. It'll be a dead end story. You sure have great sarcasm radar (sarcasm right here!!).

But if Hideki Kamiya and other story creators join up and make Fifth DMC game, a prequal, then i can expect something great :)

Again i wasn't being sarcastic with wise comment.

Top Bottom