• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this DmC title the most ambitious in the series

If its Parallel universe then there should be a way to atleast peek the original universe

• Yes it is canon to the series because its the alternate self of dante

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No because its a Reboot

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I don

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And is that the reason its taking so long 2013 i mean seriously no one is going to give a F to this game if it releases in like jan 17

DMC 1 = it only took two and half years to make such a unique and awesome game !

DMC 2 = it doesn't really matter but still its character details was notably crispier BUT the enviornments felt like Tomb raider for Ps1 ! it also took about two and half year to complete

DMC 3 = Since DMC 2 was a major drawback they came up with a game after three years

DMC 4 = It also took 3 years to complete given that it was made on a different engine for next generation

DmC= which seems to be a obvious reboot to me

If its a parallel universe then it should connect with the other series or alteast there should be some signs ensuring that there is a parallel world where the son of sparda resides otherwise its an obvious reboot in terms of series well anyway it is clearly taking more than 3 years and it doesn't seem that impressive either it just seems more air combat and funky or vivid looking devil may cry that's all really nothing new or groundbreaking

ZeroLove

I give a f*ck even if it will be released early next year.
And I don't think it should be connected to the original series directly, but a few easter eggs here and there would be nice. ^^

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I feel it has been pushed back for two main reasons;

1) Ensuring Ninja Theory can truly meet fans expectations and exceed them. After the royal sh!tstorm they received when first announcing the new DmC to the World, and the undying stench of Fanboyism that has lingered on ever since, I would feel that Ninja Theory want to show everyone who doubts them what they can really do at the reigns of the Devil May Cry animal.

2) It is a reboot, and as such is being treated as borderline a new game, meaning if they were to try and slip DmC through the cracks during the end of 2012, it wouldn't get much of a good run before being crushed by the juggernaut titles also releasing around that same time frame, such as GTA, Assassins Creed, Halo, Resident Evil (another title of Capcoms, surely they won't want two of their own competing), etc.

I'm behind this game 100%, I always have been. I really want to see it succeed where many a 'fan' thinks it won't, and if a Jan 2013 release is what's needed, then so be it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
you do realize that your title does not match the actual contents of your post right?

I have no idea what you are actually trying to ask but i will take a stab and answer all of them.

its probably the most ambitious story-wise.

well you can take concepts from either franchise and introduce them into the other by showing the characters taking a different path. Like Sparda loving a angel but deciding not to get with her because he loves Eva more which is the DMC version of Dante's angel mom.

the game took about three years in total since Enslaved came out fully in fall 2010, so soon after they started working on gameplay. I'm fine with the delay tho.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
you do realiz post right?d answer all of ttho.

Yeah i meshed it all but my point was about the delay

ts kinda funny to hear that a DMC is story-wise ambitious whereas no one really cares about stories in hack'n'slash adventure games

If they actually care to add old story references in the game it would be cool to see that not as an easteregg but actual part of a game

exactly almost three years but still 2013 is wayyyy long and it won't as exciting as GTA5 or RE6

Of course i'm only looking forward to the gameplay not the story

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

ts kinda funny to hear that a DMC is story-wise ambitious whereas no one really cares about stories in hack'n'slash adventure games

If they actually care to add old story references in the game it would be cool to see that not as an easteregg but actual part of a game

exactly almost three years but still 2013 is wayyyy long and it won't as exciting as GTA5 or RE6

Well Zilla has a point in saying they pushed it back to avoid competition with the heavy hitters like AC3 etc thats coming out so the pushback makes sense in that.

I think most people care about story in hack'n'slash, otherwise we wouldnt really get places likes these or or less Fanfics would be written.

Hey they might do that since mundus and sparda where address by name.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Now a days, story is just as important as gameplay. Without a good story, then there's no point. But without good gameplay, a story in itself can carry the game on. Final Fantasy Crisis Core is an example I like to use. It was slow with gameplay and pretty confusing, but the story, feel, and enviornment made up for it and it was a pretty good ride when I played it.

More then three years is SO NOT that long. I'm still waiting for a Kingdom Hearts 3 to come out, so this is nothing to me.

And the original story shouldn't tie in with this game, because it's a REBOOT, as in something that's relatively the same, but still very different from the original. And even if these two universes meet, How would Classic Dante and New Dante possibly meet? a random wormhole? That's some cheap trick I would expect from CAPCOM.

I can't say anything about the story being ambitious, because I havn't even played the game to see for myself. All we've seen and read are a few small details about the game, when it could be something totally different.

So I can't answer completely. I'll wait and see the game before I really make a better judgement for myself. And if it takes until 2013 to finish it, then so be it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well Zilla has a point in saying they pushed it back to avoid competition with the heavy hitters like AC3 etc thats coming out so the pushback makes sense in that.

I think most people care about story in hack'n'slash, otherwise we wouldnt really get places likes these or or less Fanfics would be written.

Hey they might do that since mundus and sparda where address by name.

Assassins creed 3 ?? ah come on ! I've stopped playing it since brotherhood it got soo boring and tedious the series died with AC2 it needs a reboot

We care about the story but the story shouldn't be the main highlight of the game its okay with RPG but for Hack'n'slash gameplay should be more important

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Now a days, s better judgement for myself. And if it takes until 2013 to finish it, then so be it.

Idk about any other genre but i do know that for hack'n'slash games a good gameplay is a must it cannot carry on with the story alone FFCC is an ARPG game i suppose RPG games are mostly focused on the story presentation then actual gameplay whereas hack'n'slash games are quite opposite

Well its just NT's staff toying around calling it rebirth then they call it refurbishment whatever then they call it "Parallel universe" but they just don't call it a Reboot !

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Now a days, story is just as important as gameplay. Without a good story, then there's no point.
I agree Story is just as important as gameplay IN A story type video game.
Example AC, DMC, Enslaved.

But there are games without story that are great.

The difference between a movie/book and a video game is that the game allows you to interact.
That is the difference, and if you find a fun way for players to interact then even without a story it will become very popular.

I don´t know if Portal has story, but that´s a example of game that relays heavily on the gameplay.

But when you say "Story is as important as gameplay" you must ask yourself, what parts of story:
Animation?
Music and voicing?
The script (story)

I think there should be a standard animation for games, but the story, music and voicing is what must be prioritized.

Look at this game (old game on ps2 don´t judge it so harshly):
It is the music, the dialogue and voicing that makes this scene in THE STORY great not the animation or flashy stuff.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Well its just NT's staff toying around calling it rebirth then they call it refurbishment whatever then they call it "Parallel universe" but they just don't call it a Reboot !
Taneem confirmed that DmC is not canon to the original series, and I'm happy it isn't. More plotholes would be added. In the latest interview, Taneem said that DmC isn't a reboot, but instead, DmC in a parallel world. Reboot = Starting fresh and scraping the old series. DMC isn't being scrapped. Taneem also said the old DMC and Dante are safe. That just implies that we'll see more classic DMC action soon.

McdD

Taneem confirmed that DmC is not canon to the original series, and I'm happy it isn't. More plotholes would be added. In the latest interview, Taneem said that DmC isn't a reboot, but instead, DmC in a parallel world. Reboot = Starting fresh and scraping the old series. DMC isn't being scrapped. Taneem also said the old DMC and Dante are safe. That just implies that we'll see more classic DMC action soon.
That is the biggest bullshit i have ever heard.

"It´s parallel" that is.

But i guess people accept pretty much everything someone says.
Group mentality that accepts comics being rebooted, and movies of spiderman and superman.
And all the time the story is changed etc.

And that mentality people brings with them onto games to justify changing a serie instead of making a new game.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree Story
It is the m.

Hey DMC isn't a Story type Video game ! its a gameplay focused Video game assassins creed is also more combat focused the best example for it would be shadow of destiny or silent hill 2

Portal is an FPS all FPS are only focused on one thing getting more accurate headshots !

From my POV gameplay must be prioritzed because it consists of

BGM all the gfx blended together making an entire game

Taore classic DMC action soon.

I know it takes place in a parallel universes SO Does that mean its A part of the old series Or a Reboot ??

It should be either a spin-off or a Reboot or a Sequel to the old series it has to be either one of these ! it seems more like POP2008 to me which actually had the potential to be a good game but it failed why because you can't die in that game !

Anyway a Reboot can't be canon to the old series in anyway so does that mean that its a reboot ?

Yeah you can expect next DMC sequel to release around 2020 :lol: since it takes 3 yrs to complete one game

McdD

Hey DMC isn't a Story type Video game ! its a gameplay focused Video game assassins creed is also more combat focused the best example for it would be shadow of destiny or silent hill 2

Portal is an FPS all FPS are only focused on one thing getting more accurate headshots !

From my POV gameplay must be prioritzed because it consists of

BGM all the gfx blended together making an entire game

I know it takes place in a parallel universes SO Does that mean its A part of the old series Or a Reboot ??

It should be either a spin-off or a Reboot or a Sequel to the old series it has to be either one of these ! it seems more like POP2008 to me which actually had the potential to be a good game but it failed why because you can't die in that game !

Anyway a Reboot can't be canon to the old series in anyway so does that mean that its a reboot ?

Yeah you can expect next DMC sequel to release around 2020 XD
Actually DMC is a story type of game. The intro agrees to that.

And Portal is a puzzle game.

"It´s in a parallel universe" is the same as saying it´s a reboot.
Both are used to explain why they have changed so much.

It´s nothing but a excuse to hide behind so that it does´t distance itself to far from DMC, and causes negative sales.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
>Actually DMC is a story type of game. The intro agrees to that
In that fashion you can even say that tekken 6 is story contrasted game whereas it isn't it just has a story so that you have a reason to play that game

>And Portal is a puzzle game
yes but most of the FPS are focused only on shooting

>"It´s in a parallel universe" is the same as saying it´s a reboot.
Both are used to explain why they have changed so much
But that annoys and confuses everyone in the meantime DmC gets a release date in 2013

McdD

Tekken is a Fight game. It´s a gameplay game. Whatever story they added later on it´s their choice. They didn´t have to add story, but they did because story isn´t bad.
Take Virtua Fighter for example,e a fight game with NO story. And i believe when they release Virtua fighter 6 they might release story stuff.

Portal is a fps game but as i said it´s a puzzle game with little story. And it´s very popular.

Capcom doesn´t care if it confuses people or not. As long as Capcom can make sure when people associate DmC with DMC they don´t give a crap.
BecausE DMC is popular serie.
DmC is a alternative DMC serie with lots of changes.

New game (Not that DmC is new)= a gamble
Which is why = DmC is DmC and not "Devil Will Cry" (a new game)

Rebooting a known serie is better than gambling on a new game because it has a fan base already.
Take Legacy of Kain serie, there has not been a game released for very long.
And there is already rumors of a reboot for that serie.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
>Tekken is a Fight game
Same goes for Devil may cry its a hack'n'slash game enemy respaning combos all that stuff its clearly gameplay focused however story plays a moderate role here

>DmC is a alternative DMC serie with lots of changes
In short its an experiment

>Rebooting a known serie is better than gambling
Is there a difference between Rebooting and gambling ?? they're two sides of the same coin dude ! Old DMC is canned for alteast 5 years

I Miss the times when games actually used to define a genre

Top Bottom