• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this a death threat?

Is the song you viewed a death threat to Ninja theory?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I think it's a death threat to DmC not Ninja theory

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You can think whatever you want, doesn't mean you are right though. I just don't think you base your opinion on others than your dislike for Ninja Theory. Your arguements are simply not waterproof and it really just sounds like you are trying to pick random things without any substance and turn them against Ninja Theory.
If you can't dismantle my opinion that i have backed up with a good argument, then i have nothing further to discuss with you.
Your arguments have only been "Why do you care?"
"Your hateful"
"It's not your business"

ZeroLove

If you can't dismantle my opinion that i have backed up with a good argument, then i have nothing further to discuss with you.
Your arguments have only been "Why do you care?"
"Your hateful"
"It's not your business"

I haven't seen you make any good arguements for why it would be a PR stunt and I read through the whole thread. They are just guesses, there's no proof at all that it actually could be a PR stunt and from what I have seen of your past posts, you really don't seem to like Ninja Theory very much, so to me this just looks like a way for you to throw some hatred at them and blame them for something bad that they have might not even done.

I'm sorry, but that's how I see it.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I must actually agree that Ninja theory... I'm sorry, Tameem, fumbled the ball on this one. No more press until you have something new to say or show about the game please guys. (sigh) I am sooo disappointed. Thankful, however that fans haven't sent real threats as that would be disturbing. ...But, Tam...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
why is every thread trying to attack the credibility and character of NT? seriously? just focus on the f*cking game...this is a GAMING community, not a BUSINESS community...if you have problems with the way they do business, trust me, we know....but if we're not going to post theories or actual information about the game, what is the sense in beating a dead horse?

Domenic93

let me explain it to everyone who doesn't get it if Ninja theory says they are getting death threats, it will make people feel sorry for them and might forgive some of their bad PR, but they know that they got nothing, as long as they don't show the pictures or video, they will look like the victim and everyone almost always feels bad for the victim, and when you feel bad for someone you sometimes try to help them out, and helping them out here would be to buy the game, I have never seen any death threats in comic form and I spend 90 percent of the past month on the computer. They are using it as a way to promote the game, so people will buy it trying to see what the big deal is about. it's the same tactic that some automobile salesmen use. and don't even pull it's personal, just look at were it's over 9000 soared to it's current popularity when oprah was talking about child predators someone tricking her into saying that they are organized and have over 9000 penises in their organization. I'm sure theirs a better example out there but that's the only thing I could come up with off the top of my head

ZeroLove

let me explain it to everyone who doesn't get it if Ninja theory says they are getting death threats, it will make people feel sorry for them and might forgive some of their bad PR, but they know that they got nothing, as long as they don't show the pictures or video, they will look like the victim and everyone almost always feels bad for the victim, and when you feel bad for someone you sometimes try to help them out, and helping them out here would be to buy the game, I have never seen any death threats in comic form and I spend 90 percent of the past month on the computer. They are using it as a way to promote the game, so people will buy it trying to see what the big deal is about. it's the same tactic that some automobile salesmen use. and don't even pull it's personal, just look at were it's over 9000 soared to it's current popularity when oprah was talking about child predators someone tricking her into saying that they are organized and have over 9000 penises in their organization. I'm sure theirs a better example out there but that's the only thing I could come up with off the top of my head

They might have used it for PR reasons when mentioning it in an interview, but that doesn't mean they didn't get any death threats. Have you been to the Capcom forums? Have you looked at their facebook page? Oh, there's death threats, alright.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
They might have used it for PR reasons when mentioning it in an interview, but that doesn't mean they didn't get any death threats. Have you been to the Capcom forums? Have you looked at their facebook page? Oh, there's death threats, alright.
1) Find a death threat on Capcom/Facebook page for us. Take a screenshot of them and share it with us.

2) There is so far very little proofs of death threats as neither you or Rerave shared with us a death threat from Facebook or Capcom.

3) People have been discussing the death threats in form of anti DmC metal song and comic. That's what me and Z218 have been talking about - "are they really death threats or is it anti DmC things blown out of proportions?".

But again since you and Rerave talk about death threats on Facebook and Capcom forums - do us the favor of taking a screenshot (PRT SCREEN on keyboard) and share it with us.

ZeroLove

1) Find a death threat on Capcom/Facebook page for us. Take a screenshot of them and share it with us.

2) There is so far very little proofs of death threats as neither you or Rerave shared with us a death threat from Facebook or Capcom.

3) People have been discussing the death threats in form of anti DmC metal song and comic. That's what me and Z218 have been talking about - "are they really death threats or is it anti DmC things blown out of proportions?".

But again since you and Rerave talk about death threats on Facebook and Capcom forums - do us the favor of taking a screenshot (PRT SCREEN on keyboard) and share it with us.

You're just too lazy to go look yourself.
As for death threats, you can be right that it has indeed been blown out of proportion, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. It's debatable how seriously you can take those death threats, since they just come from raging fanboys (and girls) who in a moment of weakness writes something unfortunate like "You deserve to die for this, Ninja Theory" or something alike, but I would still say that such one-liners are still considered death threats.

By the way, I'm lazy too. I don't want to spend my day on searching for said death threats, so it is up to you if you believe me or not. I have a feeling you won't though, as you seem to be very anti-Ninja Theory and don't want to believe anything that is just slightly making them be in a more positive light. It's okay, you don't have to like them, but the propaganda against them is a bit too much, in my opinion. I mean, I don't like the way Capcom handle certain things, but I don't do everything in my power to show the world my hatred for them (though hate is a strong word and I wouldn't say I actually hate them).

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Why is it that we gamers are always seen as childish and antisocial? Well, look at the blindly raging fanboys for your answer.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You're just too lazy to go look yourself.
As for death threats, you can be right that it has indeed been blown out of proportion, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. It's debatable how seriously you can take those death threats, since they just come from raging fanboys (and girls) who in a moment of weakness writes something unfortunate like "You deserve to die for this, Ninja Theory" or something alike, but I would still say that such one-liners are still considered death threats.

By the way, I'm lazy too. I don't want to spend my day on searching for said death threats, so it is up to you if you believe me or not. I have a feeling you won't though, as you seem to be very anti-Ninja Theory and don't want to believe anything that is just slightly making them be in a more positive light. It's okay, you don't have to like them, but the propaganda against them is a bit too much, in my opinion. I mean, I don't like the way Capcom handle certain things, but I don't do everything in my power to show the world my hatred for them (though hate is a strong word and I wouldn't say I actually hate them).
It's not me who brought up Facebook/Capcom forum death threats. It is you, so why not find some death threats for us...?

And good that we agree that the death threats T ameem mentioned probably are blown out of proportions.
Propaganda? Are you saying i am spreading lies? Just because i am questioning if the things they received are really death threats?

Also i don't see how death threats on Facebook or Capcom forums are really death threats. How are they threating Ninja theory when they haven't sent them the threat? I don't think Ninja theory is reading Capcom and Facebook comments all day to find death threats. And there is a huge difference between sending a death threat to Tameem Antoniades and posting on a forum/social media.

A death threat is more likely a death threat if it's actually sent to the person it's meant to threaten.
And things on Facebook/Capcom can be misinterpreted.

"Ninja theory must die". Ninja theory = a company.
"Ninja theory must be destroyed" = there is difference between destroy and kill. Destroy the building, but don't kill the human.

ZeroLove

It's not me who brought up Facebook/Capcom forum death threats. It is you, so why not find some death threats for us...?

And good that we agree that the death threats T ameem mentioned probably are blown out of proportions.
Propaganda? Are you saying i am spreading lies? Just because i am questioning if the things they received are really death threats?

Also i don't see how death threats on Facebook or Capcom forums are really death threats. How are they threating Ninja theory when they haven't sent them the threat? I don't think Ninja theory is reading Capcom and Facebook comments all day to find death threats. And there is a huge difference between sending a death threat to Tameem Antoniades and posting on a forum/social media.

A death threat is more likely a death threat if it's actually sent to the person it's meant to threaten.
And things on Facebook/Capcom can be misinterpreted.

"Ninja theory must die". Ninja theory = a company.
"Ninja theory must be destroyed" = there is difference between destroy and kill. Destroy the building, but don't kill the human.

Well, you spread lies about me on these forums before, so yeah. I asked you to find the supposedly quotes you made of me, but you completely ignored it.

Gooterspiel

How fascinating!
These guys in the videos are making rather decent arguments why this game will fail, of course NT doesnt like this and calls it a "death threat" because that will render these arguments as negative just by calling them that.

I doubt if you even made REAL death treaths, that wouldnt change anything since Tameem is soo confident this new look will work out well.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well, you spread lies about me on these forums before, so yeah. I asked you to find the supposedly quotes you made of me, but you completely ignored it.
I will work on finding that quote. And if i misunderstood your quote then of course i apologize.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
These guys in the videos are making rather decent arguments why this game will fail, of course NT doesnt like this and calls it a "death threat" because that will render these arguments as negative just by calling them that.

I doubt if you even made REAL death treaths, that wouldnt change anything since Tameem is soo confident this new look will work out well.

Ehh, if you are right that is a smart but underhanded trick that tameem is playing.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Again, people on the forums are making a big deal out of it when it's not.
Death threats are not uncommon. NT didn't take it seriously, the fans shouldn't. Just get over it.
And if no fan of Devil May Cry has ever sent NT a death threat, then great job. Get over it.

Top Bottom