• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this a death threat?

Is the song you viewed a death threat to Ninja theory?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I think it's a death threat to DmC not Ninja theory

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Look at this point, Cool demon is raising the possibility that this could be a publicity stunt.
Thanks for noticing. I have gone based on what Tameem has said. That they received death threats in form of a anti DmC metal song and comics. I presented to you all a anti DmC metal song which is called "Emo May Cry".

And the possibility of that song being the same song that Tameem received is high. And the majority who voted IF the song was a death threat to Tameem or any other Ninja theory staff member, said NO. We can be 100% certain that it WAS (speaking in past tense) a PR stunt few months after DmC release if Ninja theory does not show these "threats" to Gaming community.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
They have no reason not to show a death threat.
Exactly. When i talked about old Dante designs some wise people (no sarcasm intended) said that it might affect game somehow and that i understand.

They have reported to Gaming medias that they have received death threats. So why not show them as well?

ZeroLove

Either way, death threats are ridiculous and unnecessary. To threaten to kill someone because of a videogame is absolutely moronic and then it doesn't matter if it is through e-mail, through songs, comics or whatever. It is simply not okay. Ninja Theory should be able to turn in the death threats so the police can arrest those people for making death threats, as it is against the law to do such a thing. The Ninja theory crew shouldn't fear for their lives, just because they are making a videogame. They haven't done ANYTHING to deserve that.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Either way, death threats are ridiculous and unnecessary. To threaten to kill someone because of a videogame is absolutely moronic and then it doesn't matter if it is through e-mail, through songs, comics or whatever. It is simply not okay. Ninja Theory should be able to turn in the death threats so the police can arrest those people for making death threats, as it is against the law to do such a thing. The Ninja theory crew shouldn't fear for their lives, just because they are making a videogame. They haven't done ANYTHING to deserve that.
Instead of giving a moral speech about how death threats are not okay, how about you discuss the possibility if it's a PR stunt. How about that? Or is it right thing to do and avoid someone's point with "Well...death threats aren't good..and we should all not do that".

Are you saying i am a fool? That people on this forum are all fools? Death threats are BAD, very bad. Your repeating the same old thing thousands of people are saying and KNOW. What does Ninja theory have to fear? Have you seen these "death threats"? How do you know if it's death threats or anti DmC things being called death threats?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I agree but this ain't the thread for that.

This is a thread debating whether or not it could be a publicity stunt like how NT supposedly has designs of a more Dante-looking Dante. Those would be better pr stunt if they actually show those designs.

ZeroLove

Whoa, CoolDemon, chill out. Way to overreact much.

A PR stunt is if those who make the game are behind all this to gain more publicity. If that's what you think this is, then no, I don't think it is a PR stunt.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Whoa, CoolDemon, chill out. Way to overreact much.

A PR stunt is if those who make the game are behind all this to gain more publicity. If that's what you think this is, then no, I don't think it is a PR stunt.
Ok, i will chill out :)

Now i am saying that those behind the game is behind this. Tameem reported that they got death threats. They haven't showed us the death threats only describing it. One of the death threats is anti DmC metal song.
And here is a anti DmC metal song:

And fits well with what Tameem said. A anti DmC metal song. I don't think there is MANY anti metal DmC songs around lol.

ZeroLove

Ok, i will chill out :)

Now i am saying that those behind the game is behind this. Tameem reported that they got death threats. They haven't showed us the death threats only describing it. One of the death threats is anti DmC metal song.
And here is a anti DmC metal song:

And fits well with what Tameem said. A anti DmC metal song. I don't think there is MANY anti metal DmC songs around lol.

When have any game developer shown the publicity the death threats they have gotten?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
When have any game developer shown the publicity the death threats they have gotten?
That i don't know, but why shouldn't they? In this case Ninja theory is talking about it in such serious tone, why not show these death threats to everyone?

You know what i assosciate with a death threat? A serious and hateful letter.

But if your refuse to be critical that it may be a PR stunt then i have no interest in discussing further with you. You question me when any game developer has shared their death threats as if there's a huge problem with doing that.

ZeroLove

That i don't know, but why shouldn't they? In this case Ninja theory is talking about it in such serious tone, why not show these death threats to everyone?

You know what i assosciate with a death threat? A serious and hateful letter.

But if your refuse to be critical that it may be a PR stunt then i have no interest in discussing further with you. You question me when any game developer has shared their death threats as if there's a huge problem with doing that.

A death threat is a simple "I am going to kill you" or "You will die for this", nothing more, nothing less. I doubt Ninja theory have themselves put this video together just to gain more publicity and I think your hatred for them is blinding you to see that. They don't have to show anyone the death threats other than to the police. To show them to the public won't help anyone, not Ninja Theory, not the ones who made them, not the fans, not anyone! They don't have to prove anything to anyone. They stated in an interview that they recieved death threats, so it is up to you to choose if you believe it or not. If you don't, then that is up to you, however, if you have been on the Capcom forums you would notice that this is just everyday sh*t, so I find it fully believable that there are angry fans who have sent Ninja Theory death threats.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not saying they put this video together themselves, I'm just saying they might have blown the video out of proportions.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
A death threat is a simple "I am going to kill you" or "You will die for this", nothing more, nothing less. I doubt Ninja theory have themselves put this video together just to gain more publicity and I think your hatred for them is blinding you to see that. They don't have to show anyone the death threats other than to the police. To show them to the public won't help anyone, not Ninja Theory, not the ones who made them, not the fans, not anyone! They don't have to prove anything to anyone. They stated in an interview that they recieved death threats, so it is up to you to choose if you believe it or not. If you don't, then that is up to you, however, if you have been on the Capcom forums you would notice that this is just everyday sh*t, so I find it fully believable that there are angry fans who have sent Ninja Theory death threats.
Tameem mentions they received death threats and in what forms, but nothing of reporting it to police.
And i am not you. There is NO HARM in showing them to gaming community.
To prove that they really got death threats.

But they probably won't, and you know why? It's probably anti DmC stuff taken out of context.

I'm not saying they put this video together themselves, I'm just saying they might have blown the video out of proportions.

That's what i am telling Zwei as well. But clearly he can't seem to understand me right even...

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Why should they show us those death threats, if they have received any? I mean, common... even if they did show us, some people still wouldn't believe them and could say that those death threats were made by NT only just to prove their words right and gain more publicity!!

Either way, NT will be effed up! Dontcha think?

ZeroLove

Tameem mentions they received death threats and in what forms, but nothing of reporting it to police.
And i am not you. There is NO HARM in showing them to gaming community.
To prove that they really got death threats.

But they probably won't, and you know why? It's probably anti DmC stuff taken out of context.

That's what i am telling Zwei as well. But clearly he can't seem to understand me right even...

Why do you need to know these things? They don't concern you. Death threats are personal business, not yours, not everyone elses. Ninja Theory simply mentioned they had gotten some creative death threats and that it surprised them. That's all. They didn't blow it out of proportions or anything, they simply mentioned it. How they deal with it is up to them and them only. Just because you're nosy doesn't mean you deserve to know.

It is none of your business.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Why do you need to know these things? They don't concern you. Death threats are personal business, not yours, not everyone elses. Ninja Theory simply mentioned they had gotten some creative death threats and that it surprised them. That's all. They didn't blow it out of proportions or anything, they simply mentioned it. How they deal with it is up to them and them only. Just because you're nosy doesn't mean you deserve to know.

It is none of your business.
If they want me to believe them then it's my business. But it's probably a PR stunt. Just as expected.

ZeroLove

If they want me to believe them then it's my business. But it's probably a PR stunt. Just as expected.

You can think whatever you want, doesn't mean you are right though. I just don't think you base your opinion on others than your dislike for Ninja Theory. Your arguements are simply not waterproof and it really just sounds like you are trying to pick random things without any substance and turn them against Ninja Theory.

Top Bottom