• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there no hope?

Is it unrealistic to think that we're gonna get another DmC game?

• Total voters

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Man, I'm feeling kinda down today.

Is there no hope that we'll ever see another DmC title? Should we stop praying that something be announced at the gaming expos. Is it even realistic to think that Capcom would even consider another DmC title? Should we just move on to the next thing and pretend that Forehead from Scalebound is the new Dante? :banghead:

Looking for opinions guys.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I wonder why would you think that it is unrealistic to think that. Anything is possible. In fact, I think the chance for DmC 2 is higher than than of DMC, if there's gonna be any Devil May Cry at all.. I actually don't see the point of going back to DMC after rebooting the series, but man, as we all know, Capcom isn't the best in making wise decisions. Who knows, they might produce both side by side, though the chances for that to happen are negligible.

DmC ending left us hanging (didn't play DLC, don't know if it adds anything relevant to the progress of the story).
Sales weren't THAT bad and the game received positive reviews.
Capcom should do another DmC title.

Anyways, I vote for another Super Ultra Turbo Mega Hyper Duper Gigantic Godzilla Street Fighter 5.

Who cares about DmC after all :whistle:

It's possible, but I don't think it's likely.

I sense deep melancholy in that post. Like a breeze in the field on a fresh autumn afternoon.

It's so simple but reeks of potential complex interpretations.
Beautiful, clap clap.

I know I'm off topic but I had to describe the impression that post made on me.

ON TOPIC:
I think it won't be too long before they announce DmC2. Hmm, I still don't understand what they will do about DMC canon.
It would be awesome if they blasted teasers for both new DMC and DmC2 (or maybe not, I can imagine flame wars here, it could even be a trigger for World War 3)

The Final Offer

The goal of DmC was to reel people into Devil May Cry and also get several A's, 9's, and 10's. It achieved both. I believe they were planning for it to make a million or more. Which is why they spoke about DmC sales being solid.

They also said they're going to push for more DMC by 2015. So I expect an announcement at Tokyo Game show. The one I want is DmC, because I truly enjoy the combat system and I can't sit here and say that I have went back to any other DMC game for it's combat. This is the first hack n slash game that has a HIGH replay value for me.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
My teammates thought that about the BLU Spy until I came along and burnt the living **** out of him
Moral of the story: Never give up hope

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I'm hoping for a DmC sequel as well. DmC's combat is my favorite in the series, and it's only behind the original Devil May Cry as my favorite overall.

Honestly though, I have a feeling Capcom will play it safe and just announce DMC5. I'd be fine with that, so long as it doesn't see the return of a DMC3/4-like Dante (a DMC2 sequel would be ideal for the original series, in my opinion).

In the meantime, I need to get the DLC and play through the other difficulty modes...

The Final Offer

I'm hoping for a DmC sequel as well. DmC's combat is my favorite in the series, and it's only behind the original Devil May Cry as my favorite overall.

Honestly though, I have a feeling Capcom will play it safe and just announce DMC5. I'd be fine with that, so long as it doesn't see the return of a DMC3/4-like Dante (a DMC2 sequel would be ideal for the original series, in my opinion).

In the meantime, I need to get the DLC and play through the other difficulty modes...

With the new technology semi open world DMC seems like the best way to go. It'd give us hours to just explore. I'd love nothing more than to have a DMC game where I can find hidden weapons and bosses.

From the Devil May Cry Shop to Fortuna Castle to the demon world.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think it has the same probability of getting a rebooted DMC

Just fork up 250.00 and get Bayonetta 2 =)

(...........BS BTW......)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Here's the thing we have to understand. Post-DmC, I've seen multiple sites a bunch of people started talking about how they would boycott if DMC5 was picked over DmC2 (something about that sounds familiar), as we already know, there is still a good portion of the original fanbase that is none too pleased with this game.
Either way, the next Devil May Cry will be one hell of a ****storm, people will be flaming each other more than I flame the BLU medic

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I'm still holding out on getting a DmC2 and a DMC5, but it's beginning to look more and more unlikely that we'll ever get another Devil May Cry game in general. At this point it doesn't matter to me if it's DmC2 or DMC5. I just need my Devil May Cry fix, man!

I hope that if it is either a DmC2 or DMC5, it's something that everyone can find enjoyment in. Even if you didn't like DmC, there's a lot of potential for a sequel that could outshine all of the games in the series, if it responds to any fan criticism at all. DmC sort of ended on an open note, leaving tons of room for an awesome sequel. The plot could go anywhere! It practically writes itself! Just continue to tweak the combat and maybe add some more of that bad ass platforming from DmC and you've got a recipe for success!
Or, maybe it'll be DMC5 that will come next. It would be cool if Capcom had a pattern with these things sorta like Infinty Ward and Treyarch (but with far better quality games). DMC one year, then two years later a new DmC title, etc, etc...
As long as we see more of good ol' Uncle Dante then I'm happy.

Keep in mind guys, DmC only came out last year. It feels like a millennium, but really it wasn't that long ago. It's possible that Ninja Theory started on sequel this year, or maybe even last. Who knows?
tumblr_inline_mxdgke9UOH1rxzvfk.gif

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personally I think they probably continue with DmC, but looking at their dire state, I think DMC and DmC are done for. They won't risk anymore, which means, no more Devil May Cry.
As for my personal input, I don't really care, if they continue with DmC, so it won't matter to me if they continue or not, though I sympathize with regret of DmC Fans, so it won't be best solution. But DMC5 would be day one for me.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The one I want is DmC, because I truly enjoy the combat system and I can't sit here and say that I have went back to any other DMC game for it's combat. This is the first hack n slash game that has a HIGH replay value for me.
This.

Any other hack n' slash pales in comparison in my very humble opinion. I just don't enjoy playing anything else. Favorite game of all time.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
This is Capcom we're talking about, a company who makes bad decision after bad decision and only thinks about money.
If Capcom wants Devil May Cry to make money they'll return to DMC and let DmC be nothing but a bad memory.
But it all depends on if Capcom even survives long enough to make a new DMC.

As for the guy in Scalebound, he won't be THE Dante replacement, he'll just be another one to choose from, we have Bayonetta and Raiden being what Dante is meant to be, so having another one is welcome.

Personally I think they should continue both versions. DmC should continue for those who prefer it, though I don't fall in that category, and we should also get a DMC5, perhaps something that expands on Nero some. But if they do both, they should stick with the individual combat systems. The crazy system that the classic ones offered for DMC5, and the, in my opinion, watered down less stylish DmC style for DmC2

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
DmC was the last straw for me as far as Capcom is concerned. I mean really after SFxT and a S***** Bionic Commando Reboot, I've had I can ****ing take from this incompetent company. This game wasn't worth the ****ing dollar I wasted on it out of the bargain bin.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personally I think they should continue both versions. DmC should continue for those who prefer it, though I don't fall in that category, and we should also get a DMC5, perhaps something that expands on Nero some. But if they do both, they should stick with the individual combat systems. The crazy system that the classic ones offered for DMC5, and the, in my opinion, watered down less stylish DmC style for DmC2
IT would be ultimate solution, that probably never gonna happen. :(

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Depends now.

DmC's sales were only bad compared to the past series. All in all DmC didn't sell horribly like people think it did. In my opinion, I think it's safe to assume they will go back to the original series to save face, while adding a few elements of DmC into it.

Besides DMC was already getting boring anyway for me, and DmC was probably the last of the Devil May Cry series I'd be willing to play. Maybe Capcom will do a sequel, but then I'm worried it'll just be DMC with DmC body paint, and that'll suck since DMC has a terrible after taste.

At this point, who knows.

All I know is whatever comes from Capcom better wow me. If it's DmC2, I'm in. If not, it better be up there with God-level presentability.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would say wait for tgs14 before losing hope.

Not sure which I'd prefer since i was let down by both but they better huff and puff and blew me away

Top Bottom