• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there no hope?

Is it unrealistic to think that we're gonna get another DmC game?

• Total voters

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well all I have to say is if we do get something revealed at TGS14 I don't think it would be the western oriented DmC but more than likely the japanese DMC.

Either that or a japanase team will be in charge of DmC, after all Capcom did say they where going to start doing more games in house from now on as in no more western outsourcing.

But I would prefer a DMC5 honestly, although I would not mind a new DmC so long is it improved upon some of the issues I had with DmC.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The Devil May Cry series is far from over, in either incarnation. If marginally-successful Capcom franchises like Sengoku Basara and Ace Attorney are still getting sequels, then healthy successes like DmC or DMC will most likely get a sequel in the future.

Now, as for what I as a faceless, minuscule little fan on the Internet wants? Well...

1. DmC with an older, more experienced Dante confronting a power-hungry Vergil DMC3 style (except without ****ty dialogue or anime-esque confrontations in the rain)

2. DMC sequel where an older Nero descends into the bowels of the Underworld to rescue Dante after the events of DMC2.

Either one works for me. Keeping Ninja Theory to work on the game is debatable....but Combichrist is an non-negotiable addition that must stay.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
Either one works for me. Keeping Ninja Theory to work on the game is debatable....but Combichrist is an non-negotiable addition that must stay.
Yes! Although, I'd like them to at least work with one other band just to keep things fresh, y'know?
Though, I could do without Noisia. Not to say that their work is bad, just not my thing I guess.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
Noise brought one too many wubs to the formula...

...I liked Kat's Theme and the Trade Music, though.
Agreed. Oh, and also Home Truths and Home Truths Reprise. Those were pretty good too. But for every good track it seemed like there was another Poison Theme that I just couldn't dig no matter how hard I tried...

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
It's not impossible, but I'd still be happy as all hell if they do announce the sequel. They left things terribly openhanded, making me long for more (story wise). Prior to the game's release, Capcom stated that they wanted to release another Devil May Cry game by 2015, but I personally don't think that counts anymore (nor do I believe the announcement of the movie). If they wanted to do a DmC in 2015, they'd have to start making it already and we know for a fact that Ninja Theory is not currently developing the sequel.

Until Capcom tells me straight to my face: "There is no more DmC ever", I will continue not to lose hope. DmC is still generating new players left and right, and if it stays that way, I'd bet on a release in 2017. (Oh my god, I'll be 24 by then.)

I was often considering the possibility of DmC and DMC existing at the same time. But something I often wonder is how that would work. I mean, with DmC it's quite clear what kind of story the sequel will follow. But what about Devil May Cry 5? Any DMC lovers that want to share a theory about what could happen in DMC5 with me?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Either way, the next Devil May Cry will be one hell of a ****storm, people will be flaming each other more than I flame the BLU medic
I'm so torn about getting a new Devil May Cry game because I know it'd make me genuinely happy, but I'd also have to sit through the fandom wank again.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I was often considering the possibility of DmC and DMC existing at the same time. But something I often wonder is how that would work. I mean, with DmC it's quite clear what kind of story the sequel will follow. But what about Devil May Cry 5? Any DMC lovers that want to share a theory about what could happen in DMC5 with me?
The most viable option would be a direct continuation of Devil May Cry 4 to explain Nero's origins and handle overall damage control to the arching plotline of the Devil May Cry series, and also lead in slightly to Devil May Cry 2, even though I've gotten the impression that that game is far into the future of the franchise's timeline and that most fans hardly even count that game as part of the series. I talked more extensively about it here but there's absolutely no guarantee Capcom will go in this direction at all, or if they even will make a Devil May Cry 5 over DmC2. Still. A fan can dream, right?

Top Bottom