• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

IS NEro Vergil's Son????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Oh yea got outta that one easily.
If the maths is Done. Seeing that no-one knows how old anyone in the game is, means that Vergil could have been in hell when Nero was conceived.

Not unless Nero could've been created by the Order of the Sword a sort of Super soldier.

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;188147 said:
i'm gonna say this onle once...NERO IS SPARDA'S SON!!.. .period!...now...have fun dealin with it

Um, we already know that. Everyone with some brain could have figured that out.

I have written paragraphs why Nero is Sparda's son.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I not saying that Nero is Vergil's son. (If that happens, thats me not buying anymore DMC games). It's just, why bring a third son of Sparda into it? Is the series really falling apart like that?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Dante could've got an STD, that would have broaden the story.
(Hunting down the demon that gave it to him)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda™;188125 said:
The DMC4 Novel clearly hints on Nero being the direct descendant of Sparda, alias the third son.

From where I read the summery at Devil's lair this was also pointed out.

Of course, this shi-- I mean this story's written by Morihashi Bingo, the scenario designer for DMC3 and 4 so it's kind of canon but at the same time not really cos' he's no longer with Capcom and he worked on this thing as a free lancer.

In the end, how much of this thing is true??
How much of this thing is lousy fanfiction??
How much of this thing was truly Capcom-approved??
We'll never know.......

..until something a bit more official is confirmed.

The Phantarch;188144 said:
^But we all know how lazy CAPCOM can be. DMC3: Special Edition, catch my drift?;)

oh and hell yeah. "super" Street Fighter IV also springs to mind. "hey SFIV is coming out again and this time it has everything it was supposed to have in the first place in it yay! monies pleez"

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;188125 said:
He was meant to be Vergil's son, but that project was dropped due to Capcom rushing to get the title released.

The DMC4 Novel clearly hints on Nero being the direct descendant of Sparda, alias the third son.

That was never stated. If I remember correctly, I was the one who said that Nero was intended to being Vergil's son but it was dropped.(They did change the story but it never released or stated what the original story was.). I assumed the original story was that Vergil was Nero's father and it was quickly dropped and remade due to fan base or w/e. Mainly I was just theory crafting. The Novel clearly hints at Vergil being Nero's father all throughout the book. Now I don't want that to be true but again the evidence is there and its hardcore evidence. But yes it never states who his father is but my money is on Vergil even though its a very bad idea.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
People, you shouldn't be so definitive on Nero's origins just yet! You'll end up like the "Dewey Defeats Truman" headline from the 1948 U.S. Presidential elections. Ever heard of counting your chickens before they hatch?

I mean, what if saying Vergil cannot possibly be Nero's father just ends up biting you in the butt when DMC 5 comes out and we find out that he is in fact his father? Same for the other way around. You can have your opinion, but I caution folks against stating your opinion as if it were fact, lest you end up like poor, foolish Dewey from way back when...

No one has any definitive proof one way, or the other, and until then, just RESPECT everyone's opinions, 'cause ALL Y'ALL have nothing BUT opinions!

Sparda™

Zato-OW;188179 said:
That was never stated. If I remember correctly, I was the one who said that Nero was intended to being Vergil's son but it was dropped.(They did change the story but it never released or stated what the original story was.). I assumed the original story was that Vergil was Nero's father and it was quickly dropped and remade due to fan base or w/e. Mainly I was just theory crafting. The Novel clearly hints at Vergil being Nero's father all throughout the book. Now I don't want that to be true but again the evidence is there and its hardcore evidence. But yes it never states who his father is but my money is on Vergil even though its a very bad idea.

You already lost that money. The father is Sparda. It's obvious. The novel actually hints more at him rather than to Vergil.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Zato-OW;188179 said:

that may be true...but when u look at the whole story from all the games and all the hints there are, u get tons of evidence at sparda being the father

Zato-OW

King
What evidence is that? He relates more to Vergil and Dante then to Sparda. I was hoping the summoned swords were a trait from the Yamato but sadly it isn't. Even though he says some of Dante's DMC3 lines in DMC4, Nero's main one liners are Vergil's from DMC3. With Vergil being dead doesn't help either and they can easily make Vergil his father because of this. Even when Nero was about to obtain his DT Vergil was the one who shown up in Nero's dream and he said his famous quote “Power… I want more power.” AS CORNY AS THAT SOUNDS!!! Vergil is most likely Nero's father which sucks...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Zato-OW;188196 said:
What evidence is that? He relates more to Vergil and Dante then to Sparda. I was hoping the summoned swords were a trait from the Yamato but sadly it isn't. Even though he says some of Dante's DMC3 lines in DMC4, Nero's main one liners are Vergil's from DMC3. With Vergil being dead doesn't help either and they can easily make Vergil his father because of this. Even when Nero was about to obtain his DT Vergil was the one who shown up in Nero's dream and he said his famous quote “Power… I want more power.” AS CORNY AS THAT SOUNDS!!! Vergil is most likely Nero's father which sucks...

power is the only thing like vergil that nero says...wat are u talkin about...as for yamato being used...even dante used yamato...so that had nothin to do with it, it just shows he has spardas blood in him...for wat u said about there not being evidence, there is a bunch that points to it...according to wat every9one is sayin about the novels, vergil went to fortuna to learn about sparda...that could mean that he had an idea that his younger brother was there and wanted to learn more about it...wehre's my proof of him being the younger brother? u must not have read my earlier posts...in dmc 1, dante says that his mother and brother were killed by mundus' army...that doesn't necessarily mean his twin...nero could very well have been a baby at the time....a baby who was hidden away without dante nor vergil knowing since they were young and eva was tryin to get them away safetly...and again...if u saw the concept art for nero's dt and everything from the other thread, u would know how vergil has nothing to do with it

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;188176 said:
Dante could've got an STD, that would have broaden the story.
(Hunting down the demon that gave it to him)

kkggmmhahaha! :lol:

I have to say, I actually really like GGC's idea of Nero being the brother that died with Eva. That would work into the story verrrry nicely. And explain why Vergil was alive and NOT dead (this obviously means nothing if the manga is canon) And why Nero was an orphan. I'm still confused as to whether the boys actually knew Sparda or not. I had the impression that they did. Why else would Dante tune Vergil he'd never be like Sparda, if they hadn't known Sparda personally? And in DMC3 Arkham says he's no different from Sparda, whom according to him sacrificed a priestess to seal the demon realm (I understood the priestess to be Eva). Urg. I wish Capcom would stop being all mysterious and just lay it all out there, darn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom