• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it only me or someone else...?

I'm kinda glad people still call him Dino or Donte.

As long as this;
tumblr_mskacwsq1a1qcxzu2o1_500.png

Has no relation to this ugly little thing;
looksdmc4.jpg

8OmVRLs.gif

I'm all fine with calling him Dino.

It's cool when you chose the best pictures of something you like and the worse ones for the thing you dislike.:/

Though I agree,someone could as well choose the '**** you face'.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's cool when you chose the best pictures of something you like and the worse ones for the thing you dislike.:/

Though I agree,someone could as well choose the '**** you face'.
Isn't that the same argument that I made for the "New Yamato is Ugly" thead? :lol:

Sorry to bring up bad memories, it just reminded me of that day.

And because you asked for it:

TrollFace.png

dmc4_dante-gilgamesh.jpg

Isn't that the same argument that I made for the "New Yamato is Ugly" thead? :lol:

Sorry to bring up bad memories, it just reminded me of that day.

And because you asked for it:

TrollFace.png

dmc4_dante-gilgamesh.jpg

Good example.:lol:

And even though I liked the old Yamato,I still didn't like the new one.But someone else might have seen it as more beautiful than I do.
It's the same here. Of course we try to 'worship' our favourite things and make the other ones pale in comparison to what we like,it's in our nature.

And tell me again that everything isn't from a subjective point of view..Of course it is,well,almost everything that has to do with our tastes.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

WTF. No, look, if you guys are going to try and insult a character, do it properly. DragonMaster2010, take this as a tip for future reference.

This:
20658_265071754277_2319787_n.jpg

is ugly.
This:
Vergils-downfall-face.jpg

is ugly.
This:
the-redesign-of-devil-may-cry-an-interesting-new-direction-or-a-total-fiasco_r-fac_212.jpg

is ****ing creepy AND ugly.
This:
Vergil_arkham9.jpg

is the epitome of creepy.

Now:
highfive.gif

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Not only that most of his issues with Dante ties with other materials such as the DMC1 and DMC2 novels which was written by someone else who doesn't even work for Capcom (Shinya Goekida). So the DMC novels was Shinya's own interpretation of Dante, not Kamiya's (even if he said Shinya's image of Dante was similar to his own) or Itsuno's Dante (DMC2 included), and Shinya's version of Dante was more extreme and dark out of the many interpretations of Dante In which the novels depicts Dante slaying even humans (in the DMC1 novel for more petty reasons and the DMC2 novel for more reasonable reasons but still looked down by Chen for doing so) despite in DMC4 how Dante preaches the importance of humanity, which hello is a reference to DMC1 Dante where he discusses how "tears is human's best gift" and even preached about the importance of humanity (he was just never clear about it like in DMC4) and how else was the term "Devil's Never Cry" coined (upon which only DMC3 actually put an effort to mention the significance of the term "Devil's May Cry"). So if anything the novels even contradicted aspects of DMC1 Dante's character although DMC3 and the DMC3 manga literally retconned the first DMC novel (the DMC2 novel is still sort of canon but still no one cares about that one). Not only that Kamiya even gave the first novel an A-OK despite it having elements contradicting his own game (such as Gilver/Vergil who is a dirty, cruel fighter who uses cheap tricks and dirty tactics to get his way versus Nelo Angelo/Vergil who Dante considers an honorable man with guts and honor who shouldn't be working for Mundus. So a scumbag like Gilver somehow became more honorable and fair after being corrupted by Mundus, the king of scumbags. Vergil from DMC3 was a far more fitting prequel character to Nelo Angelo than Gilver to at least Vergil fights fair and doesn't resort to cheap tactics and at the end of DMC3 he seemed to have...almost...recognized the error of his ways and even submitted defeat by going to the Underworld and face Mundus head on with his own power. Sure he was prideful and cruel to his own allies but that translates better to Nelo Angelo than Gilver, who is 10x cruel, dirty, and larger scumbag than DMC3 Vergil) meaning Kamiya didn't read much of the DMC1/2 novel or wasn't fully clear about his own character. Dante was screwed from the beginning.

1-2 Bold- How Exactly?

3rd Bold- We don't even know what exactly went down.

4th Bold- Yes, gutting a defenceless bald guy, dicing up a blind guy's head, and killing a weaponless demon is fair.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, since DMC1 took a lot of "inspiration" from Gabriel Knight, then you might as well hire some former Sierra writers to fix this **** pronto.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Lol this thread.

Maybe I should go to a Halo forum and rant about how much I hate Master Chief and see what kind of reactions I get.:D

Or maybe even a Legend of Zelda forum and explain why I think Link sucks balls?:nailbiting:

Point I'm trying to make here is that its sad that on a Devil May Cry forum so many people hate the lead character.

But hey, differing opinions and what not.*shrugs*

Everyone doesn't like the same things.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
No people hate a specific version of him.

It seems the OP hates every version of him to me.

And besides, different version or not they are all considered the same character the series.

Its not like each version is a entirely different being, though I will admit the obvious inconsistency in the character development.

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Lol this thread.

Maybe I should go to a Halo forum and rant about how much I hate Master Chief and see what kind of reactions I get.:D

Or maybe even a Legend of Zelda forum and explain why I think Link sucks balls?:nailbiting:

Point I'm trying to make here is that its sad that on a Devil May Cry forum so many people hate the lead character.

But hey, differing opinions and what not.*shrugs*

Everyone doesn't like the same things.
No people hate a specific version of him.
It seems the OP hates every version of him to me.
I'm rather neutral now on the "Dante"s that came after the original Dante since they're all just different interpretations of him. I say this because everyone has a different interpreation of fiction (be it story, setting, character, etc.), especially a well-known one, and that I am a willing open person open to others' interpreations of things.

It's like making a well-known dish. Each person has his/her ingredients for it.
For example: Here in the Philippines, we have this local dish called Adobo, which is meat (you can mix up to two kinds of it, the most common being chicken and pork) in a sauce made out of a mix of soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaves, and black peppercorn as the base. Some people like to add sweetness so they add some brown sugar. Some people like it creamy so they add coconut milk. Some people can add pineapple tidbits from a can as a sweet garnish and use the syrup as an alternative to sugar. The possibilities on making adobo is absolutely endless! You guys should research on the different recipes of adobo and you'll see what I mean!
And with that being said, I have said my reason for my neutrality! :)

P.S. All this food talk makes me wanna cook my own version of adobo already!

Top Bottom