• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Dante immortal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Dead
So i goota ask is Dante immortal? We seen him in many ocassions get tried to be killed he was shot to the head by the lady and was stabbed to the stomach by Vergil and Nero so what would happen if his head was cut off? Would he die or would he grow a new one? :D.So what can kill him? Post your thots.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Simply, no, he may be able to survive massive amounts of damage, but he's not immortal, not by a long shot, if his head were to get cut off, just because he's half demon doesn't mean he'd grow back, the key is that he's half demon, meaning has still retains human weaknesses, even full demons can't survive something like being decapitated, so what's to say Dante stands a better chance?

aka958

Don't trust people
Dante always get Stabbed and pierced but not things like chopped and slashed. not i would love to see how dante could go around without a leg

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Here's what I think:

Difficult to kill? Yes.

Impossible to kill? No. I'm sure that there's something out there that could take him out.

Keaton

Premium
I think that the argument is pretty much that Dante has a HP Bar.
Dante is able to take massive amounts of damage before the threat of death is prominant, afterall, Vergil beat Dante within an inch of his life, he was only saved when his 'inner devil' awoke and allowed him to access his DT to accelerate his healing.

In Devil May Cry 2, Dante has a greater defence against Death...the Majin Form, deals such dramatic damage that bosses kneel to its superiority.

Imo, Dante is far from immortal, the fact that he has visually aged is a sign enough of that, but, as per what can kill him...well, only Vergil or Sparda have a chance ^^

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
rep+ Keaton that's a good explain.

aka958;166166 said:
Dante always get Stabbed and pierced but not things like chopped and slashed. not i would love to see how dante could go around without a leg

And rep+ aka :)) that was hillarious.

Zato-OW

King
Well After DMC1/3 and I guess the anime, Dante seems to run into weaklings. Now telling from his history he gets his ass kicked when placed into a fight with someone either his level or slightly higher them him. So can he die? Yes, but at the same time no if hes fighting weak demons that make him look godly. If Vergil or Mundus was still around I'm sure he would be getting his ass kicked. Dante is just waiting for that next person to beat him down which may never happen since the series is leaning toward Nero being the New main Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom