• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is anyone worried about what kind of new fans DmC is going to bring to the series?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I just think it's sad that DMC will be remembered as this DmC too. I think they should leave the series alone. If they want to create a game about a guy who's a half-demon and half-angel, let them do that in a different, original way instead of riding on the success of the previous games.

Calling that new guy Dante is all well and good, but it's not who he is in terms of background story, motives and personality.
I realize it's a reboot, but I think it's lame to pretend this is the same game as DMC1 to DMC4. Besides, the old series deserves at the very least a decent final installment. The curtain hasn't fallen yet.

VergilNeroDante

I just think it's sad that DMC will be remembered as this DmC too. I think they should leave the series alone. If they want to create a game about a guy who's a half-demon and half-angel, let them do that in a different, original way instead of riding on the success of the previous games.

Calling that new guy Dante is all well and good, but it's not who he is in terms of background story, motives and personality.
I realize it's a reboot, but I think it's lame to pretend this is the same game as DMC1 to DMC4. Besides, the old series deserves at the very least a decent final installment. The curtain hasn't fallen yet.

I think they should continue it and make it the best original DMC ever honestly. It needs a proper ending rather than the cliffhanger.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No game will ever get a proper 'ending' now. Everything must be left open enough for potential sequels.

hek7ic

more casuals tbh. I personally have played most of them, so i'm not a noob. However, i think the new dante kind of appeals with the teenager side of things? that whole "F*** the world" attitude

Top Bottom