• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is anyone worried about what kind of new fans DmC is going to bring to the series?

ZeroLove

You are overexaggerating and besides, the pro DmC fans are just as bad aswell.

How is he overexaggerating, when he is only talking about one side of the fandom and then you tell him that the other side is just as bad? Wouldn't that mean he is actually underexaggerating?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
How is he overexaggerating, when he is only talking about one side of the fandom and then you tell him that the other side is just as bad? Wouldn't that mean he is actually underexaggerating?
He's painting it up as that everyone who doesn't like DmC is a "hater" is just a troll that wants to flame. It's really a minor but vocal minority but the pro-DmC fans are also just as bad but also a vocal minority.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I don't think you should pile everyone on top of the same heap. Not nearly every person who dislikes DmC is a DMC fanboy or a 'hater', and not nearly everyone who likes DmC is an idiot or noob.

I would argue that people who like DmC's Dante have bad taste, but that's my opinion, not a fact. So people should stop presenting their opinions as though they are facts.

Reactions: V

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
DMC3 Dante tried so hard to be cool, it nauseated me.

When he pointed up in the air before turning on the jukebox, I facepalmed. When DMC1 Dante shot the motorcycle, I shook my head. He could have just kicked it back at Trish. In the time that he took to fire E&I, Trish could have just calmly walked around the motorcycle and stomp on his head. But that probably would have just made him look like a fool.

To be fair, the only version of Dante who didn't look like a fool at some point in the game was DMC2 Dante, who was therefore disliked for being too cold and boring. Even DmC Dante starts his game by streaking in his birthday suit. That's Dante's thing, not being nearly as cool as he obviously thinks he is. I think the concern is that he's so regular in DmC that some poor souls may actually be tricked into taking him seriously. Though how that's possible after pizza crotch is beyond me.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He's painting it up as that everyone who doesn't like DmC is a "hater" is just a troll that wants to flame. It's really a minor but vocal minority but the pro-DmC fans are also just as bad but also a vocal minority.
If you actually read my comment I wasn't talking about just one side of the fanbase. I was talking about the fanbase but the most evident example of how silly they can get is of course its most recent activity.

Dante47

You are overexaggerating and besides, the pro DmC fans are just as bad aswell.
It depends.
Objectifying an entire side of such a large fan base is quite presumptuous.
Me, I try not to meddle with someones opinion of the game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

The PROS are the vocal minority?

have you SEEN you tube and the DmC boycotts and rants? Plus that idiotic video about how old Dante feels about new Dante?

DragonMaster2010

Which one?
Honestly, I don't see why you people bother, both sides that is.
If someone chooses to dislike or like a game, let them be. Arguing about it statistically has never worked well

The one where the guy dresses like DMC4 Dont-I mean Dante and cries about new Dante.

I could care less about both sides since the pro fans are pigheaded in a less loud way, while the anti fans scream to the top of their lungs about it.

I stopped giving a damn and will enjoy the game myself.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The one where the guy dresses like DMC4 Dont-I mean Dante and cries about new Dante.

I could care less about both sides since the pro fans are pigheaded in a less loud way, while the anti fans scream to the top of their lungs about it.

I stopped giving a damn and will enjoy the game myself.
to be fair that was awhile back alot of the Anti DmC fans have calmed down and are just waiting it out

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The PROS are the vocal minority?

have you SEEN you tube and the DmC boycotts and rants? Plus that idiotic video about how old Dante feels about new Dante?

Pretty much. If you ask me it's the people against DmC who are making themselves look like the toatal asshats. Just go on the Devil May Cry page on facebook and there is a handful of guys who just can't give their bitching a rest. One was banned for attacking someone who just said he liked Dante's new hair better. He was banned from the page and made another facebook account for the sake of bitching more. He was recently banned for a 2nd time and now made another one. The people against it for the most part are the ridiculous ones. The prime example was all of them freaking out over something as trivial as a haircut from the DmC reveal trailer 2 years ago and judging the entire thing when knowing absolutely nothing about it. That kind of uproar made me wish I wasn't a fan.

DragonMaster2010

to be fair that was awhile back alot of the Anti DmC fans have calmed down and are just waiting it out

That's not what I've been seeing on youtube, facebook, Gamesfaq, 4-chan, lastfm, Capcom Unity, and Tumblr.

Pretty much. If you ask me it's the people against DmC who are making themselves look like the toatal asshats. Just go on the Devil May Cry page on facebook and there is a handful of guys who just can't give their bitching a rest. One was banned for attacking someone who just said he liked Dante's new hair better. He was banned from the page and made another facebook account for the sake of bitching more. He was recently banned for a 2nd time and now made another one. The people against it for the most part are the ridiculous ones. The prime example was all of them freaking out over something as trivial as a haircut from the DmC reveal trailer 2 years ago and judging the entire thing when knowing absolutely nothing about it. That kind of uproar made me wish I wasn't a fan.

Well it's not like pros are any better like I've been saying. Pros sometimes attack the old series and make it out as crap and DmC will be better. That's pretty ass hat to me.

The Pros have also been making themself look like idiots~

Anti fans also. Don't only go for one part of the coin.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That's not what I've been seeing on youtube, facebook, Gamesfaq, 4-chan, lastfm, Capcom Unity, and Tumblr.

Well it's not like pros are any better like I've been saying. Pros sometimes attack the old series and make it out as crap and DmC will be better. That's pretty ass hat to me.

It's just people dude and people can be stupid. Regardless of the subject matter you're always going to have idiots and people ready to complain.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Touche good sir
Touche.gif

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Far as I see it, DMC franchise will not be the same again, RIP and move on. New fans can have it.

VergilNeroDante

Agreed it will not. I will enjoy the original since I have those to cherish. Those amazing memories will never be forgotten, new fans can praise all they wont about this bad game. To me it's an insult.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'll still play the classic ones, for as long as my consoles still work. Pretty sure in future we won't have consoles and discs, it'll all be DLC, so when my consoles die, that's probably gonna be it, not liking this new gaming industry business model.

Top Bottom