• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is anyone worried about what kind of new fans DmC is going to bring to the series?

kryptoknight

I kinda am, I'm stoked for DmC, but, what types of fans to you think this new game style will convert? Play nice internets peoples.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Those who think cursing AND a cliché plot and obnoxious characters are cool. Characters that try too hard to be cool, when the old Dante was cool without trying. Just my opinion, though. I'm mainly annoyed that DmC is being made. It really wasn't needed. Heck, I'll put myself forward as an employee for Capcom so they can create a coherent plot :p

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i have just realised this problem O_O and they are gonna look at the old DMC that we all know and love and say it's crap then we have people hating on DmC and people hating on DMC and us people who like them both will be stuck in the middle while they all rant and all hell will break loose leading to world rant 1

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Let's just keep an open mind. Maybe fans of DmC will then find out about DMC and like it, or not. There's no reason to assume an new DmC fan, who knows nothing about classic DMC, will be rude or bad mouth the old games.

They might not all be teenagers, if that's what the problem is. Plus not all teenagers are rude. I've seen more immature adults on forums at times.

I'll just be happy to forum talk games with new people. :)

Nekodark

Nope, because it is not my thing to care what people like or dislike or judge others on what they know or do not know, there are crap people in the fandom before and will be after as well as there are cool people in the fandom before and there will be after same goes for new fans even if they just like DmC they are not good or bad what they feel is up to them not me to judge since there is no rules or membership card to be in this fandom or any other so worrying about who shows up should not even be wondered about because there could be good and bad new people as there are already good and bad people here already no different just they are new and if they do not like the older game so? if older fans don't have to like the new game new fans don't have to like the older it is just how they go about things is what matters.

Me I like both, I am no super fan of the series or the new game but I like them then again I never say I am a fan of something I normally say I like them but only say fan about myself to get a point across even if I do not consider the word to describe myself.

Azurel

DMC3 Dante tried so hard to be cool, it nauseated me.

When he pointed up in the air before turning on the jukebox, I facepalmed. When DMC1 Dante shot the motorcycle, I shook my head. He could have just kicked it back at Trish. In the time that he took to fire E&I, Trish could have just calmly walked around the motorcycle and stomp on his head. But that probably would have just made him look like a fool.

Oh wait... he already did. From having been caught off guard by Trish. I'd say that made him look pretty bad. Unless he purposely let her stab him... but that would have been just stupid, right?

I guess his ''coolness'' was just too much for her to bear and she surrendered from having experienced his sheer awesomeness.

By the way, sarcasm.

Dante47

Hopefully it'll bring sensible men and woman who can point out the good and the bad in a civilized manner.
I've been a fan of Devil May Cry for years, but this game brought me here to discuss it maturely.
If it did so for me, maybe it will for others.

kryptoknight

DMC3 Dante tried so hard to be cool, it nauseated me.

When he pointed up in the air before turning on the jukebox, I facepalmed. When DMC1 Dante shot the motorcycle, I shook my head. He could have just kicked it back at Trish. In the time that he took to fire E&I, Trish could have just calmly walked around the motorcycle and stomp on his head. But that probably would have just made him look like a fool.

Oh wait... he already did. From having been caught off guard by Trish. I'd say that made him look pretty bad. Unless he purposely let her stab him... but that would have been just stupid, right?

I guess his ''coolness'' was just too much for her to bear and she surrendered from having experienced his sheer awesomeness.

By the way, sarcasm.
Dante let trish stab him to prove to her that it would do no good.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It can't get any worst. It's a fanbase that has already sent death threats to the new developers, have been crying nonstop still over things as trivial as a haircut, and some have proven to have their ignorance is set in stone. I drew a picture of Kat and someone compare it to a picture of Hitler just because he doesn't like the character. I know it isn't everyone but the initial perception of the DMC fanbase from the point of view of anyone who just glances at it's recent activity can rightfully say they're just butthurt morons.
Again, no offense to anyone but you have to admit some of the more vocal fans have been making themselves look like complete asshats. Just take a trip around the internet. It's the internet though so I'm not surprised.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
It can't get any worst. It's a fanbase that has already sent death threats to the new developers, have been crying nonstop still over things as trivial as a haircut, and some have proven to have their ignorance is set in stone. I drew a picture of Kat and someone compare it to a picture of Hitler just because he doesn't like the character. I know it isn't everyone but the initial perception of the DMC fanbase from the point of view of anyone who just glances at it's recent activity can rightfully say they're just butthurt morons.
Again, no offense to anyone but you have to admit some of the more vocal fans have been making themselves look like complete asshats. Just take a trip around the internet. It's the internet though so I'm not surprised.
You are overexaggerating and besides, the pro DmC fans are just as bad aswell.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
besides, the pro DmC fans are just as bad aswell.
Yep, both extremes are just equally bad. Let's say having an opinion either way is like having a kid and forcing people to look at images of it.
Turns into this:

It's like people smacking each other over the head with opinions.:p

Top Bottom