• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Irrational's new game incoming...

Dark Drakan

Admin
I would imagine its a new IP but will use similar mechanics to Bioshock as that is where they have had all their success recently.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Would be nice to get a new IP that isn't like Bioshock. But that's just not how AAA developers work. The will never stray too far from the same stuff.

It's probably a new Bioshock though. That's not a series they just won't let die. Quite frankly, we don't need anymore. Bioshock 1 and Infinite are fine. Something new please.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I do think Bioshock will return at some point of course

Well yeah, I think that too, I don't believe they will let Bioshock go. If it comes back though, I don't want it to be like Infinite (which is most likely the direction it would go), that setting doesn't appeal to me at all and Bioshock will always be underwater setting for me. I much prefer Bioshock 1 and 2 over Infinite.

As for this game, I think it's a new IP. If it was indeed Bioshock, they would have said so flat out, right? I mean, why hiding it's Bioshock? By saying that openly, they'd gather a lot of attention and the instant interest (and money) of all the Bio fans.

Frazz

General gamer
... and it does sound a lot like Bioshock.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1154978

Some people even go as far as to say it IS indeed a new Bioshock.

What do you think? You want a new IP? Or a Bioshock?
Well considering that 2K Marin was given the BioShock franchise then I don't think that it'll be a new Shock game. It'll probably be another 'spiritual successor' like BioShock was to System Shock. Personally I'd want another Irrational developed BioShock more than anyone but with the downsizing of the team to about 15 or so people I don't think it's possible.

Top Bottom