• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Important Reminders Regarding Spoilers

Meg

With the amount of spoiler heavy threads that sprung up in response to the leak, I am reminding all of you to please be mindful of the people who don't want anything spoiled. Please keep spoiler heavy discussions in the threads already labeled as such, or at least make liberal use of spoiler tags.

I also want to remind the people who want to remain spoiler free to 1) use common sense. If you are warned a post is spoiler-y and read it anyway, that's on you and 2) please do not get heated if someone does spoil the game for you.

You guys are awesome and I know you know all this already, but with the amount of excitement that will continue to build leading up to the game's release, I find these reminders to be helpful. Thank you all! :thumbsup:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to keep my distance from this forum now, at least until release.
It'll only take 1 guy posting a spoiler by mistake to ruin the game for me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
For anyone unsure on how to use spoiler tags the option is here...

Enable Spoiler Tags in toolbar at top of post

Insert Text you want displayed in spoiler tag

Insert text you want hidden in the spoiler tag

This is how spoiler tag will look with text you wanted as title

How text will display inside spoiler tag when you click to open it

Sean Gow

Hey guys,

I know I'm only new here and have no right to turn up and just flat out speak my mind like this, but I keep seeing spoilers all over the place. My heart races every time I come on here just in case I see something I don't wanna see! Haha

Even if the title of a thread is 'SPOILERS: 'Insert topic here', some of the topic titles still kinda spoil it a little bit. Like, I saw 'Dont trust him Nero' and, something about lady and Trish and Dante's Devil Trigger.

I'm only posting this because I came on just now, clicked on the info and media thread, and the latest post is a direct quote of something a major character says in the game at a crucial moment.

I love this place and don't want to have to stay away until after the games release. I love all the discussions that go on and everyone is so cool here,
It's just that some of us want the story completely intact apart from anything that Capcom officially releases as part of the ad campaign. Because everything is carefully decided on before releasing to the public.
It's a methodical rollout that takes time to simmer. To ideally reach a point where, when it's time for the game to come out, all of the big twists and major plot devices have the weight intended by the writers because it's been such a long time coming, y'know what I mean?

Please don't think I'm having a go or bashing anyone, I just really can't wait for this game like the rest of us, I'm just a bit spoiler sensitive I suppose hahaha

Anyway sorry for going on so much guys!

Sean

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
F**K Youtube and Youtubers.

I was simply re watching the DMC5 trailer and right next to it in the recommended videos tab showed a video with serious spoilers in the title.

Now a big moment in the game is ruined for me. :(

berto

I Saw the Devil
I know I'm only new here and have no right to turn up and just flat out speak my mind like this
You make this disclaimer and follow it up with exactly that?

Look, buddy, I don't know what your definition of a forum is but it's most certainly not a place or medium where people gather to discuss and exchange ideas, thoughts or information on a specific topic so none of that!!

... Wait... Is it..? No, I was right, it's not.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
F**K Youtube and Youtubers.
I feel you brother. I remember when Pokémon Sun/Moon came out and the next day I had videos in my recommended list featuring the final boss in the thumbnail and everything.

Some people just have no respect for others. :grumpy:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah, spoilers tend to make everything worse. I remember when Infinity War was still coming out and I ended up getting spoiled...

by Tom who pretty much confirmed Spiderman's death.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey guys,

I know I'm only new here and have no right to turn up and just flat out speak my mind like this, but I keep seeing spoilers all over the place. My heart races every time I come on here just in case I see something I don't wanna see! Haha

Even if the title of a thread is 'SPOILERS: 'Insert topic here', some of the topic titles still kinda spoil it a little bit. Like, I saw 'Dont trust him Nero' and, something about lady and Trish and Dante's Devil Trigger.

I'm only posting this because I came on just now, clicked on the info and media thread, and the latest post is a direct quote of something a major character says in the game at a crucial moment.

I love this place and don't want to have to stay away until after the games release. I love all the discussions that go on and everyone is so cool here,
It's just that some of us want the story completely intact apart from anything that Capcom officially releases as part of the ad campaign. Because everything is carefully decided on before releasing to the public.
It's a methodical rollout that takes time to simmer. To ideally reach a point where, when it's time for the game to come out, all of the big twists and major plot devices have the weight intended by the writers because it's been such a long time coming, y'know what I mean?

Please don't think I'm having a go or bashing anyone, I just really can't wait for this game like the rest of us, I'm just a bit spoiler sensitive I suppose hahaha

Anyway sorry for going on so much guys!

Sean

Yeah we would urge people to be mindful with spoilers in their thread titles too, no point spoiler tagging the content of a post and then spoiling it with the title anyway.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I feel that it's disrespecting the developers to spread spoilers before the game is released : /
Leaks are entirely disrespectful to the developers who actually put effort into this new game. It's been a ten year wait between this and the last installment in the classic series. Developers still worked on it. Itsuno still wants people to be excited for it and Capcom made this for the fans that have wanted it, that have voiced this want, and that "voted with their wallets" for those ten years. Capcom still did this instead of leaving the series dead like Darkstalkers.

It costs literally nothing for playtesters to be decent humans and just hold true to whatever NDA was signed and keep their mouths shut about spreading this or that spoiler. Just don't do it! Capcom is a big boy company. It's capable of drumming up interest in its IP using regular means without giving us the final boss's name or something about a new transformation or a plot twist, so let them do it their way with official releases of info. Don't put plot leaks in public. If anyone asks, keep it to DMs. Not by putting spoilers in the headers or without tags.

Top Bottom