• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could have a demon as a bodyguard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I've seen alot of mentions of blitz but guess what guys. they are blind and it is stated in dmc4 that they sometimes accidentally attack their allies. i would not want to get accidentally eaten by my bodyguard.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;259688 said:
I've seen alot of mentions of blitz but guess what guys. they are blind and it is stated in dmc4 that they sometimes accidentally attack their allies. i would not want to get accidentally eaten by my bodyguard.

The only reason they're blind is because they have helmets that cover their eyes.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;259690 said:
The only reason they're blind is because they have helmets that cover their eyes.

okay but why would one of Mundus' various giant lizard guys have a helmet covering it's eyes when a super fast lightning using lizard that can see what its killing would be so much better. the only reason i could think of would be if it's eyes didn't work ( or it didn't have any)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Because Mundus is a jackass and was hopped up on booze one night?

Being serious now, I actually have no clue. Why not give it eyeholes? I think Mundus was just being stupid.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;259061 said:
Nelo Angelo, in my book, is a separate entity than Vergil. He doesn't have the same morals, fighting style... Anything except vague appearances. So he's fine.

:O Nelo is available!? Oh I am SO changing to Nelo.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
BLITZ.

Doubles as a nightlight when he's not on duty.
Can charge up your DS/Laptop/Phone in a pinch if needed.
And he's color coded for your convenience. Yellow = OK. Red = Time to replace.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Like i said before, would like to have a Frost, it can give me ice cream.

But, a Basilisk is a good one too, if it can cook my meal :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
A Gladius could be a fun one, so long as I'm able to lift the bugger. XD But still, an Assault/Blade would be fun too.

You guys also seem to be only picking the DMC4 demons. Well, most of you. I think the Death Scissors/Scythes would make excellent bodyguards, why leave them out, sitting in the corner and moping? :lol:

moseslmpg

DreadnoughtDT;259693 said:
Because Mundus is a jackass and was hopped up on booze one night?

Being serious now, I actually have no clue. Why not give it eyeholes? I think Mundus was just being stupid.
Probably because they were created for situations or environments that had little to no light, so they would be at no disadvantage.

I'd have to go with a Death Scythe or Scissors, not sure which one. They are incorporeal so they wouldn't stop a bullet, but I'm confident that any attacker that hadn't already crapped their pants could be easily dealt with either by that forcefield or by those vortexes. And it could come out of nowhere as well.

I'd pick Shadow, but it has a specific weakness for bullets which is inconvenient for the modern era.

I suppose Blitz would be good for long range assassination attempts, as it could detect where the bullet was coming from and protect someone.

It sounds like people are choosing pets more than bodyguards, whose job it is to guard your body, not cook and clean and stuff.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
moseslmpg;265158 said:
I'd pick Shadow, but it has a specific weakness for bullets which is inconvenient for the modern era.

True, but I don't think guns work on its exposed core? So it'd soon heal itself again. After all, normal people have to reload.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lexy;265273 said:
True, but I don't think guns work on its exposed core? So it'd soon heal itself again. After all, normal people have to reload.

If you shoot it's core, it attacks with a spear of darkness. So yeah, guns don't work on them. And besides, their core can summon spikes. Generally spikes are kind of a one hit kill for humans.

moseslmpg

But all they have to do is shoot it until it exposes its core, and it is immobilized until it heals. Then you are an easy target. It is like having a narcoleptic bodyguard.

The spikes might work on the first guy, but since they would be after you anyway, after the Shadow stopped, they would have no reason to continue attacking it.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Actually, i think that when they havd neutralized the shadow they will be already dead, considering their speed and strengh in their attacks

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Sic a bunch of shadows on your attackers? (and leave the room so you don't get spread across the walls as well)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL...Blitz is teh bomb, it seems everyone would want one as a bodyguard.
But in case mine does go awol and decides to try attack me, I'll have Dante's doppelganger as my backup ^_^ (Aren't I clever? :p)

moseslmpg

I guess it depends on what type of person is attacking you. I'm considering mainly direct attacks and maybe sneak attacks. I'd hate having a Death Scythe around though, because they freak me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom