• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If there were more characters & bosses?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would you picture more characters & bosses for Nero & Dante?

Dante could've had his own campaign.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess Dante would have bosses based off his devil arms. They were originally intended to be bosses.

People were wondering what the game would be like without Dante, Trish, Lady involved. To me you would bring in more Order members and more Fortuna citizen to play off nero.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC4 was described by Bingo as being about love. The game itself is rather shallow about it so I'd explore it more with other characters. Maybe a villain driven by obsessive love?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of a Dante based AU where he grew up in Fortuna. The game is split into two campaigns- one where he's a teenager and one ten years later. The villain of the second part is one of Mundus's Knights who wants to destroy Fortuna because they worshiped Sparda. Dante's defeat of him is what lead Mundus to take him seriously, leading to DMC1.

Dante would have had a friendly rival named Rodin. He's based of Nero's concept art and original pitch.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante needn’t be in DMC 4 at all, least of all as a playable character. DMC 4 was really meant to be Nero’s starting point, but the fact that Dante had become the series classic staple protagonist, and that Nero resembled Dante so much they clearly felt that it wouldn’t have worked without having Dante in the game. Therefore they decided to put him in there and people complained then about the backtracking, and rightly so. Anyway, Gloria could’ve been her own separate character. Kyrie could’ve been a lot less hopeless and dull. The Order could’ve had more generals that you faced off against such as Credo. I feel like they had a big opportunity to really do something with Nero that could’ve stood out and made more of an impact but they kind of shot themselves in the foot putting Dante into the story just so people didn’t complain their backsides off.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Dante needn’t be in DMC 4 at all, least of all as a playable character. DMC 4 was really meant to be Nero’s starting point, but the fact that Dante had become the series classic staple protagonist, and that Nero resembled Dante so much they clearly felt that it wouldn’t have worked without having Dante in the game. Therefore they decided to put him in there and people complained then about the backtracking, and rightly so. Anyway, Gloria could’ve been her own separate character. Kyrie could’ve been a lot less hopeless and dull. The Order could’ve had more generals that you faced off against such as Credo. I feel like they had a big opportunity to really do something with Nero that could’ve stood out and made more of an impact but they kind of shot themselves in the foot putting Dante into the story just so people didn’t complain their backsides off.

Well what kind of new generals from the Order would you have Nero face? Besides just Credo & Agnus.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Originally i thought it be cool if Nero wasn't related to Sparda but still half-demon. I thought of him as the son of one of Sparda/Vergil's enemies. Vergil decided to steal Nero from them as a way to deny them a legacy.

So a Nero sequel would be him looking for his birth family and not liking what he finds.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I would've wished Nero had allies who're willing to keep Nero's arm hidden from the council.

Plus help with his arsenal.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not sure adding more characters is the answer because they didn't know to do with the ones they had.

More bosses would be good for Dante tho.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm not sure adding more characters is the answer because they didn't know to do with the ones they had.

More bosses would be good for Dante tho.

Yeah. We need more bosses. Even more members of the Order.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The Order was disbanded and likely doesn't exist anymore.
He means in the game itself. He wanted to add more characters to DMC4's story.

Post DMC4 the order could just reform itself as im sure all of its followers weren't killed by Dante/Nero etc.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If only to keep the DMC3 boss dynamic going. For the Order we got...
Credo the One-Winged Dark Knight and Agnus the One-Eyed Dark Knight. If only the Order had more henchmen who're helping the cause and bosses for Nero & Dante to fight. Even making their own campaigns from the number of stages.

How about a.... "One-Legged Dark Knight"? And a "One-Armed Dark Knight"?

And we need more demons than just Berial, Echidna & Bael & Dagon.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought about giving Gloria a husband that Trish has to fool in thinking she's Gloria.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
For more Holy Knights in the ranks:
- One-legged
- Big-armed
- Two-tailed
- Long-nosed (like an anteater)

Sorry, the One-Winged on Credo & One-Eyed on Agnus got me inspired.

Top Bottom