• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

if there is a DMC 5 proper by capcom....

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hey, it's what I like. Nothing wrong with that.

Seriously though, I don't even care what the future brings, as long as it's more action series from Capcom. There's almost no action games besides the stuff coming out from P*, and I really don't wanna buy their products.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm sorry what do you mean by "proper"?

I believe that DmC's Dante is cooler than DMC Dante because he doesn't give a **** about being cool as much as that "other" Dante.

So 100% corny is what you like.

Think he means a "proper DMC game" as opposed to a something like DMC4.

But he did not say anything about 1 Dante being better or more cooler than the other, so please lets not beat that dead horse to death yet again with who is better or more cool, it always turns into a pointless argument and this isn't even what the topic is about which makes it even more ridculous to bring that discussion here.

But on the the topic at hand, I doubt they will continue with Nero as the main protagonist, but I'm sure he will have a role as a supporting character/protagonist with Dante as the lead should they make a DMC5 game that is.

Nero needs to be fleshed out more and we need more on his origins, he could work just as well as a supporting (and playable) character rather than the lead which I think should go back to Dante.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I know. I was joking.

But you're right about Dante needing to take over again. Let's just hope he's "serious but still clever" like he was in Nocturne.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
DMC 5 PROPER!
100% DAUNTAE edition!
"Really Bloody Palace" Exclusive DLC!
New difficulty! "VERGIL MUSTN'T DIE!"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

.............care to explain WHAT that even brings to this topic?

Other than trolling that is.

Come on man, at least attempt to be a part of the topic at hand.

The Final Offer

.............care to explain WHAT that even brings to this topic?

Other than trolling that is.

Come on man, at least attempt to be a part of the topic at hand.

What do you mean "be a part of the topic at hand."

I am a part of the topic at.....DEMON HAND!

OMG JUST ANNOUNCED AT E3!
EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER NERO!
"CCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYY"

Ok...I'll stop being happy.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
A proper DMC according to fans would be a Dante that goes back to his original obnoxious---ahem, corny
form from DMC3.

Now, a proper DMC to me would have an older and more experienced Dante in the vein of DMC1. What would make the game better than past entries would be if Dante discovered some kind of fallible weakness or frailty in his power (to add some endurance and tension to his character), maybe developing his character a bit, and having the story and writing be handled by literally ANYBODY ELSE besides Capcom....just as a guarantee that it's written better than the predictable, fanfiction-esque plots of the past games.

If they can't do anything serious or meaningful with Dante, then I say **** it and toss him out in favor of Nero. At that point, he'd be far more appealing as a protagonist. Maybe he'd be older and more experienced...he's certainly got a lot more to lose than Dante. That alone makes him a better protagonist.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
A proper DMC according to fans would be a Dante that goes back to his original obnoxious---ahem, corny
form from DMC3.

Not really, DMC1 Dante is in high demand as well, not just DMC3 Dante.

I've seen many fans of the original series around the web want him to go back to his DMC1 persona.

Besides, concerning how universally condemned DMC4 Dante was for being so "corny" I doubt fans would want to see that return.

DMC1 Dante is the way to go here.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
form from DMC3.

Now, a proper DMC to me would have an older and more experienced Dante in the vein of DMC1. What would make the game better than past entries would be if Dante discovered some kind of fallible weakness or frailty in his power (to add some endurance and tension to his character), maybe developing his character a bit, and having the story and writing be handled by literally ANYBODY ELSE besides Capcom....just as a guarantee that it's written better than the predictable, fanfiction-esque plots of the past games.

If they can't do anything serious or meaningful with Dante, then I say **** it and toss him out in favor of Nero. At that point, he'd be far more appealing as a protagonist. Maybe he'd be older and more experienced...he's certainly got a lot more to lose than Dante. That alone makes him a better protagonist.
How is his DMC3 form his 'original' form? Anyway still beats DmC Dante in my opinion. I agree with the rest of what you said. Except for the assumption that all fanfiction is bad, that is.

Also, lol at the people saying they hated old Dante. If you hated him then why did you even play the games? I assume the only Dante you sort of like is DMC1 Dante, but then... again, why play DMC2, 3 and 4? Makes no sense.

I'd say ef9 o shea has got the right idea: ''DMC1 dante in personality DMC2 dante in looks and DMC4's combat but expanded with new moves and you have the perfect game as long as the enemy and level design is made more evil and gothic looking''.
Though maybe I would go for something between DMC3 and DMC1 Dante in terms of personality. I don't remember many of DMC1 Dante's lines... ''flock off, feather face'' was nice, but I don't remember him saying anything more awesome than that.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
lol and which one would that be?

Believe it or not, Dante has a very large fanbase.

DMC1 Dante just happens to be the more ideal one for that fanbase, cocky yet professional without being to "over the top" like DMC3 or DMC4 Dante.
He no doubt means the Dante from DmC... though he is definitely not in high demand. I haven't seen many people say anything about how they liked him. The protagonist is pretty important in games. DmC sold 800k copies in the time it should've sold 2.2 million... at least I think it was 2.2 million. They then halved it to 1.1 million and it didn't even reach that. Only now, a long time later, has it sold 1.4... which is still half of DMC4's sales.
Don't take this the wrong way... I liked DmC a lot, but I doubt DmC Dante or even DmC itself is in 'high demand'.

And yeah, DMC1 Dante is probably the most popular. He fits best the western ideas of what protagonists should be like... out of the alternatives that is (DmC not included).

Top Bottom