• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Hideki Kamiya would have stood in charge of devil may cry?

Would Hideki Kamiya made the Devil May Cry series better.

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well let's look at Bayonetta. THe gameplay of Bayonetta is almost like DMC, and I bet if he still had DMC, it'd be Bayonetta but with demons and Dante in it. Not only that, but Bayonetta's gameplay isn't all that fun to play, but the story is more better then DMC3. But, if Kamiya was in charge of DMC again, we wouldn't have DMC3 with it's best in show gameplay style, nor would the games be able to evolve. Look at DMC2, it sucked but if it wasn't for that, then DMC3 wouldn't be as good as it is. Hedeki should just forget about the past and move on, create better things, and do what he does best.

Agility

"Known"
Someone make a thread that has to do with what people will think HK would feel like if this new Dante makes his old one look like ****!

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Someone make a thread that has to do with what people will think HK would feel like if this new Dante makes his old one look like ****!
You should loosen your grip on DmC Dante's dick. His game isn't out yet.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The word "if" isn't in your vocabulary.

But "****" is?

C'mon son.
The word "if" doesn't matter because it is evident that you want DmC Dante make the original Dante look inferior. You are using the idea of the "what if" thread as a masquarade to promote your dislike of the original Dante.

kerolin

I voted wrong on this computer, sorry :S
1f0.jpg

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
If Kamiya stayed in charge DMC2 would have been basicaly the same as DMC1. Which would seem like a good thing at first but most of the ideas for DMC3's gamplay came from DMC2 and DMC2's negative reception was what gave Capcom a reason to innovate with DMC3. so no Style system. Vergil's apperence in DMC3 required a retcon that wouldn't have happened. Obviously Lady wasn't part of Kamiya's idea's so we wouldn't have her (or Lucia or Nero or Kyrie (not as many people would miss those three but enough would) Without the innovation that came with DMC3 the series probably wouldn't have had a DMC4 or an anime or a controversial reboot or anything else. At most we would have just ended up with a trilogy of basically identical games and we might not have even had a DMC3.

Kamiya started the series but replacing him was the most important step in creating Devil May Cry as we know it today. So, no it definitly would have not been better. Even with all of it problems i can't imagine anything better than the Devil May Cry we all know and love. The series we have all devoted so much of our time and energy to.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Most of Bayonetta is actually ideas than him and the staff had for a potential DMC sequel.

It might be suprising but been that the biggest change in DMC from 1 to 2 is the air combos, which I 'm sure peole think they might not've happened if Kamiya and Mikami made the sequel, would still be there. Kamiya started making air combat in Viewtiful Joe, which came about just before DMC2, and if allowed to stay on the series, would've actually gone to DMC2 as well.

People assume that Bayonetta is just a DMC clone and it's combat was just copied from DMC3 or 4 but that's not the case. Bayonetta is a mixture of RE2, DMC1, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami. The only time Kamiya saw DMC3 was when the action director of the game was showing him his work and before that he played half of DMC4 to see what they were doing with it.

DragonMaster2010

The word "if" doesn't matter because it is evident that you want DmC Dante make the original Dante look inferior. You are using the idea of the "what if" thread as a masquarade to promote your dislike of the original Dante.

I want new Dante to make old Dante look inferier, since I also think old Dante has been pretty lousy since DMC4.:/

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Part of me would not have liked the idea of Kamiya still being in charge after DMC1 because we wouldn't have gotten IMO the best DMC game ever in DMC3.

While the other part wishes Capcom would have given him a chance to improve on DMC3&DMC1's great qualities after the poor reviews/sales of DMC4.

I'm pretty sure given the chance Kamiya could have given us a great DMC experience by making DMC5 and taking everything that made DMC3 so great and combining it with what made DMC1 so great.

Bottom line is, I would have rather he been in charge of DMC5 rather than having Capcom hand it to NT for a reboot.

DragonMaster2010

I think we should rather ask this; If Kamiya even had DMC, would he have continued it, or keep it at DMC1?

Agility

"Known"

Yes, because you know how I think.

:/

Find another hobby other than failing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
the poor reviews/sales of DMC4.
Well, here's the thing, DMC4 was more financially succesful than DMC3. It's the best selling on the franchise. And the reviews aren't poor, they're fair.

Shocking, I know! But the game's done rather well.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well, here's the thing, DMC4 was more financially succesful than DMC3. It's the best selling on the franchise. And the reviews aren't poor, they're fair.

Hey I'm not trying to throw **** on DMC4.

No need for the sarcasm and defensiveness.

I'm merely stating how I believe Capcom felt about DMC4.

its obvious Capcom was expecting more from DMC4 which is the reason why they decided to reboot the series in the first place.

Obviously it did not deliver to their level of "expectations" and thus it was a "failure" in their book.

Personally I liked the game.

Thought the brightness and daylight stages should have been toned down by ALOT, but other than that I thought it was a pretty good game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hey I'm not trying to throw **** on DMC4.

No need for the sarcasm and defensiveness.

I'm merely stating how I believe Capcom felt about DMC4.
I wasn't saying that there was, in anyway, any animosety on your part, nor did I intent for any on my end. I was just pointing out a few details.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I wasn't saying that there was, in anyway, any animosety on your part, nor did I intent for any on my end. I was just pointing out a few details.

Well I thought I sensed a hint of "sarcasm" in this line

But maybe I just misread it?

If so, my apologies.

DragonMaster2010

Part of me would not have liked the idea of Kamiya still being in charge after DMC1 because we wouldn't have gotten IMO the best DMC game ever in DMC3.

While the other part wishes Capcom would have given him a chance to improve on DMC3&DMC1's great qualities after the poor reviews/sales of DMC4.

I'm pretty sure given the chance Kamiya could have given us a great DMC experience by making DMC5 and taking everything that made DMC3 so great and combining it with what made DMC1 so great.

Bottom line is, I would have rather he been in charge of DMC5 rather than having Capcom hand it to NT for a reboot.

There's something else to that I'd want to ask;

Would Kamiya really do that? Mix DMC3's qualities with DMC1?

Kamiya's a pretty proud guy, and his integrity probably wouldn't let him mix his great work with the work of the same company that stole what was his in the first place and changed it.

Top Bottom