• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for Arkham (or an Arkham-ish character) in DmC2

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
You guys know Arkham, right? He is the mastermind behind almost everything in the third installment of the original franchise. I gotta say, he is one of the better villains in the whole franchise (not counting Vergil) and it is very amazing how him, a human, managed to overpower two very powerful cambions. Jester, his alter-ego, is to this day still very fresh in our minds for his funny behavior that resembled a lot The Joker, from the DC Universe.

Anyway..

..so, if NT is to revive Arkham or an Arkham-ish character in the upcoming DmC, how would you like him to be presented?

Here, let me share my ideas.

-Spotter Arkham: You guys are familiar with spotters, right? They're humans brainwashed by demons (it is implied that only Lilith can brainwash them, but we'll assume that higher-ranked demons can too)that were constantly on the look for Dante in DmC. Let's assume that Arkham was one of them, and after Mundus' reign was over, he was freed from control and gained his own will. However, the brainwash greatly affected him therefore leading to him developing split personalities; Arkham and Jester. Also, because of being under control by demons too much, he has missed a lot from his life, so he blames Dante for everything that's happened to him and begins to pursue him continuously, as opposed to the DMC3 one, which only wanted the power of Sparda.

-Medium Arkham: A medium, just like Kat, this Arkham is almost very similar to the DMC3 one. Even after Limbo and the real world are fused into one, he still manages to travel himself to various hellish fragments of it, like the one Vergil transported himself into in Vergil's Downfall. He must play a key role in freeing Vergil from it, but that's about it; no background plan to conquer the world, no gaining power. He just has a sick and twisted passion about demons, nephilims and all those mythological creatures. Also, this Arkham wouldn't have an alter-ego.

-Government Arkham: You remember how I said in The Final Offer's "Dante's to do list" that Dante must join forces with the Government to locate and destroy the remainder of demons? What if Arkham was some sort of an army Lieutenant or a corrupted Government functionary who wants to obtain all of the power to himself? Right in the beginning, it is implied that Mundus doesn't only use his demon powers to control humanity, but also blackmails The President itself, displaying how powerful he is. He must have bribed a lot of g-men to approve of his dirty work, Arkham being one of them. After Mundus dies, he decides to take advantage of the situation and see if he can maintain control of the world just like he did.

Those are my ideas so far. What about yours?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You guys know Arkham, right? He is the mastermind behind almost everything in the third installment of the original franchise. I gotta say, he is one of the better villains in the whole franchise (not counting Vergil) and it is very amazing how him, a human, managed to overpower two very powerful cambions. Jester, his alter-ego, is to this day still very fresh in our minds for his funny behavior that resembled a lot The Joker, from the DC Universe.

Anyway..

..so, if NT is to revive Arkham or an Arkham-ish character in the upcoming DmC, how would you like him to be presented?

-Spotter Arkham: You guys are familiar with spotters, right? They're humans brainwashed by demons (it is implied that only Lilith can brainwash them, but we'll assume that higher-ranked demons can too)that were constantly on the look for Dante in DmC. Let's assume that Arkham was one of them, and after Mundus' reign was over, he was freed from control and gained his own will. However, the brainwash greatly affected him therefore leading to him developing split personalities; Arkham and Jester. Also, because of being under control by demons too much, he has missed a lot from his life, so he blames Dante for everything that's happened to him and begins to pursue him continuously, as opposed to the DMC3 one, which only wanted the power of Sparda.

-Medium Arkham: A medium, just like Kat, this Arkham is almost very similar to the DMC3 one. Even after Limbo and the real world are fused into one, he still manages to travel himself to various hellish fragments of it, like the one Vergil transported himself into in Vergil's Downfall. He must play a key role in freeing Vergil from it, but that's about it; no background plan to conquer the world, no gaining power. He just has a sick and twisted passion about demons, nephilims and all those mythological creatures. Also, this Arkham wouldn't have an alter-ego.

-Government Arkham: You remember how I said in The Final Offer's "Dante's to do list" that Dante must join forces with the Government to locate and destroy the remainder of demons? What if Arkham was some sort of an army Lieutenant or a corrupted Government functionary who wants to obtain all of the power to himself? Right in the beginning, it is implied that Mundus doesn't only use his demon powers to control humanity, but also blackmails The President itself, displaying how powerful he is. He must have bribed a lot of g-men to approve of his dirty work, Arkham being one of them. After Mundus dies, he decides to take advantage of the situation and see if he can maintain control of the world just like he did.

I think "Medium Arkham" fits him the most but i think the main arc of his motivation was to become Sparda and become the hero (as he saw it) which might not make sense since DmC Sparda doesn't cut the same figure as Classic Sparda.

thats how he justified his actions, id imagine.

Last edited:

CMAX

Scientist Arkham: A scientist studying both Angel and demon abilities. He injects himself with angelic and demonic blood to create a false Nephilim
I actually really like this idea.
Maybe he was working for mundus to find a way to take demons/angels powers away.
Alot of problems something like that could cause for Dante.
Especially if Vergil got a hold of it....

seraphmaycry

ideas for arpham, sure!

after i'm doing sending capcom hatemail for taking away my most useful ability in exchange for a piece of **** that REALLY seems to think that the air is trying to steal the true power of sparda.

How about arkham is, um, a demonalien that powers time mahcines with childrens tears and jjust kidding.

so time to be serious (even though this is probably even worse) the humans are at war with demons due to the end of the first game so arkham could be some important military guy who is trying to use demon power to give the humans a better chance, after buffing himself with weaker demons he moves on to stronger ones and buffs himself with their powerr ,eventually he either finds mundus's power or tries to use Spardas for himself and that's all i got.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"Revolutionary Arkham"

Its technically an expansion of "Medium Arkham" that Teal was talking about but a step further were he is more of an extremist. He believes in Mediums taking back the earth from demons/angels because they are a bunch of deadbeat assholes and wants mediums to rule over humanity because humans are the weak link and haven't been doing a good job running themselves.

I looked at making Arius, Arkham, and Sanctus as representatives of demons, humans, and angels respectively in order to revamp them.

Arius was a capitalist so he became the demon representative and Sanctus already had a religious theme so that was obvious.:banghead:

Arkham seemed to hold some value in the human spirit so it made sense. So i envisioned him as a revolutionary leader like Magneto or Xehanort.

It seems like a cool way to bring in Lady as an idealist member of his band of freedom fighters before getting disillusioned.

Last edited:

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............

Anyway..

I would like to see him in a similar role to dmc3 Arkham. A human that devotes everything to black magic and witch craft. He follows Vergil around helping him out with his plans, while also executing a secret agenda of his own. I would use this opportunity to revive another dmc character.

After Arkhams true intentions are revealed at some point in the game he ( somehow.) overpowers Vergil and uses a spell to control him physically and mentally. He has him bound into Spardas old armaor and names him Nelo Angelo. Thoughts?

REAPER 3142

Anyway..

I would like to see him in a similar role to dmc3 Arkham. A human that devotes everything to black magic and witch craft. He follows Vergil around helping him out with his plans, while also executing a secret agenda of his own. I would use this opportunity to revive another dmc character.

After Arkhams true intentions are revealed at some point in the game he ( somehow.) overpowers Vergil and uses a spell to control him physically and mentally. He has him bound into Spardas old armaor and names him Nelo Angelo. Thoughts?

REAPER 3142

Anyway..

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Sharing your opinion with us is very well appreciated, but was it really necessary to do it three times?

Just kidding. I know it must be some network issue. It has happened to me too in a few occassions.

REAPER 3142

Sharing your opinion with us is very well appreciated, but was it really necessary to do it three times?

Just kidding. I know it must be some network issue. It has happened to me too in a few occassions.

yeah, no idea what happened there.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i would love to see arkham as a cambion who was an ally of sparda and bob barbas imprisoned and tortured him for info on sparda. This drove arkham insane and he wants revenge on spardas bloodline. Jester could be a personality of his , as he developed pscitzophrenia from the torture.

Last edited:

Captain Xin

Well, I just finished playing a horror game about a haunted prison, so...
"Doctor Arkham"

A doctor who doesn't believe in demon, and will risk anything and everything to "help" his "patients" back to "normal".
Basically this guy from "The suffering", but with a much more subtle tone to it.
Dr_Killjoy.jpg

Top Bottom