• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a live action DMC movie?

berto

I Saw the Devil
That s not a simple trailer that's mad max fury road actually, and that's not a simple actor that's Nicholas hoult, maybe one of the best young actor we have now...
I know the movie and ofcourse I know the actor, it's why I brought it up, because his work in Warm Bodies and X-Men, both of which i saw in theatres, was being discussed while one of his better work went unmentioned, the one he is unrecognizable in and in a film that has become an action stepple of the genre.

Anyway, you have to think about the finances. Dream cast, sure, you can get anyone, but realistically he might be beyond the budget.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Daniel Radcliffe might be a good reboot Dante and in sequels, you could bridge the gap between the two takes if possible. He may be above budget but I think the novelty of Dante might interest him enough to do it.

Ironically I don't see Jennifer Lawrence doing the role of Kat if offered. I don't see Kat having much to interest her after she already played a similar character in Raven aka Mystique. Kat's interesting but doesn't get to do more than being Dante/Vergil's morality pet. She's a step up from Kyrie but a downgrade from Lady (who has spinoff appeal). Without a rewrite that gives her more to do, I don't see it happening but since I don't know her I could be wrong (my film experience is rather small).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Um... DmC is obsolete now. DMC'S BACK!

Anyway, need to find people who can do the twin brothers. Real twins even males that resemble each other.

Last edited:

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Daniel Radcliffe might be a good reboot Dante and in sequels, you could bridge the gap between the two takes if possible. He may be above budget but I think the novelty of Dante might interest him enough to do it.

Ironically I don't see Jennifer Lawrence doing the role of Kat if offered. I don't see Kat having much to interest her after she already played a similar character in Raven aka Mystique. Kat's interesting but doesn't get to do more than being Dante/Vergil's morality pet. She's a step up from Kyrie but a downgrade from Lady (who has spinoff appeal). Without a rewrite that gives her more to do, I don't see it happening but since I don't know her I could be wrong (my film experience is rather small).
I think Radcliffe is not a good choice for Dante since I don't like how he act, actually he cannot act in my opinion...
Jennifer Lawrence had little to do with Kat even if she is a good actress

Goldsickle

Angels taking over after Mundus is defeated might be a nice plot twist if they go with the "Nephilim" story.
But not something to be covered in a sequel.
A final battle with a notable angel antagonist should be crammed in the last part of the movie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
I wouldn't rule DmC out just yet. I could see DmC having some degree of influence in a movie even if its more in the background.

@Vergil95
People fancasted her as Kat back in the day before so I was just thinking about it. Funny thing is they got pretty creative with Vergil than Dante.

@Goldsickle
So would that replace the Vergil fight at the end?

Last edited:

Goldsickle

So would that replace the Vergil fight at the end?
Wait, Vergil could be the representative of the Angels.
Defeating him makes the angels retreat but they have not given up their ambition to replace demons as the rulers of the world.

Dante making enemies with both his lineage might create a more interesting self-conflict within him.
Not to say that all demons and angels are his enemies but he could still have allies like Phineas and maybe someone from the angel side.

The idea came about from watching Bayonetta 2.
The game is marketed as "witch VS angels" but it came as a surprise when they also start introducing demon enemies.
I like the concept of fighting enemies from two opposing factions.
DMC4 also has artificial Order demons VS natural demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Goldsickle
I guess you could have Vergil raised by the angels and have him betray them too.

DmC had some interesting ideas but middling execution. Same with 4 and the anime and to a lesser extent 5 so another shot like a adaptation could help.

Goldsickle

DmC had some interesting ideas but middling execution. Same with 4 and the anime and to a lesser extent 5 so another shot like a adaptation could help.
The V manga for DMC5 explains and covers certain portions of the story that the game didn't.
Like how the reason Griffon and Shadow can't kill the enemies is because the two pets are just "nightmares" or something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The V manga for DMC5 explains and covers certain portions of the story that the game didn't.
Like how the reason Griffon and Shadow can't kill the enemies is because the two pets are just "nightmares" or something.
That explanation always felt nonsensical to me. We might have to come up with something else or a better way of showing that. Granted I'm not sure I'd keep the V/Vergil/Urizen aspect or scrap it for a more straightforward Vergil storyline.

Vergil95

That explanation always felt nonsensical to me. We might have to come up with something else or a better way of showing that. Granted I'm not sure I'd keep the V/Vergil/Urizen aspect or scrap it for a more straightforward Vergil storyline.
You read the manga? It explain a lot of things about vergil storyline, and it's not even finish yet

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You read the manga? It explain a lot of things about vergil storyline, and it's not even finish yet
I'm on the latest chapter. It's fun and I like V going against Phantom. I'm hoping it gets more creative once we get to the month in between the prologue and mission 1. So far it's just V getting his bearings so it's more of a slow burn.

The nightmare explanation still doesn't hold up any better.

The manga is in a tough spot because the game already ended his story and told you what you needed to know. It's similar to Roxas in Kingdom Hearts as KH2 already gave Roxas a beginning, middle and end to his story so 358/2 days felt like unnecessary filler.

I don't think telling V's story in chronological order was the right play. Granted the whole V/Vergil/Urizen thing is a mixed bag to me so I'm biased against it.

I'm still trying to be fair to DMC so I thought scrapping it for a more straightforward Vergil story was the better way to go.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I've said it here in this thread already but I rather have a CG film than a live action one. For one, it lets you model the characters rather than having to find actors that look and can do the part. You can created the world rather than having to find a real world location that will fit. I know live action remakes and productions are the big fad of the decade but live action isn't immediately better for everything. Some things are better left animated, some things are better off as an anime or a CG thing. Some things don't translate to live action and vice versa. I've really come to realize that some things can't translate to live action with all these Disney remakes. Something is lost in the translation, and intangible charm that is fundamental to those concepts. I know this is just a what if thread but all the remakes have left be a bit bitter and infuriated so I the thought of something else going that way just tastes bitter to me.

Ravenash77

I’d like to see how Netflix handles “the Witcher” and then determine if it’s a good idea for DMC to move into the realm of live action. Not the same things I know but it feels like a good way to test how people in the film industry would tackle a video game story line. I know what I’m binge watching tonight

Vergil95

I’d like to see how Netflix handles “the Witcher” and then determine if it’s a good idea for DMC to move into the realm of live action. Not the same things I know but it feels like a good way to test how people in the film industry would tackle a video game story line. I know what I’m binge watching tonight
I saw the first to episode and it s good, it had its flaws but it's a good TV series...

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Ah well remember, the Witcher games are set after the books. The show is adapting the story of the books

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Devil may cry is one of the few games you could get away with creating new content. Most other games/anime would feel weird but DMC has a strong storytelling engine. Thats a tv show term and its akin to a blueprint.

There are problems because the new story could be either too bland (the anime) or too different (DmC).

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd probably cut the Sprouse twins but these sugesstion work. I don't feel we need them once we have Howard/Pryor. Unless Howard/Pryor are their stunt doubles?

Same with Eva/Trish- why do we need two if they never share a scene?

I don't mind V's pick but I'm on the fence about keeping him. I saw concept art of Vergil as a human summoner so i'd just do that instead.

@Ronin

Last edited:
Top Bottom