• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I ran into a couple (you know what game) fanboys last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Just wait till a little later in the game. That "a voice in your head told you to" thing takes on a WHOLE nother meaning when you find out who one of the bosses is...

Oh I beat the game ages ago bro, I just thought I'd like to give it a roll again. Love that boss fight.

???: I SEE YOUR HEART BRUCE. YOU ARE WEAK. YOU ARE AFRAID.

HULK: HULK IS NOT AFRAID! HULK IS STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!

I already mentioned that to him . . . but I was ignored . . . :(

Sorry chief, I just cracked out five hundred words on that post alone. I'll fix that with a hundred more.

I can't really cast an opinion on the Deadpool game unless we actually see some legitimate gameplay, but I'm not really sure if it will work as well as the fans want. The whole part of 'pool's appeal is his spontaneity and humor; when you have that as a gameplay mechanic it means a lot of recycled jokes. Just look at his appearance in MvC3. When you boil away the madcap attitude though, he's what he always was: a bad Liefeld rip-off of Deathstroke who had an amusing rewrite.

I do think a game that follows the T-Ray arc would be good fun though.

With a Spider-Man game of quality similar to the Batman: Arkham series, the Amazing Spider-Man (the game) tried to do that, but it was met with mixed feelings.

The thing is that you can't apply the Arkham formula to Spidey; the stealth and combat mechanics inherent to that franchise were carefully chosen to illustrate and compliment The Bat's methods. Although Spidey has changed over the years, probably the most lovable incarnation was that of the nineties cartoon, which took most of it's inspiration from the eighties run of the comic, when Peter would still crack a joke occasionally when tussling with ludicrous villains. In fact I'd say that was why Deadpool was so successful: He is basically classic Spiderman. He's a man with a tragic past who laughs off adversity and treats every threat he faces with levity. It was a style best nailed in the PS1 games.

1-a56dffspidermancover.jpg

...while the exploration and web swinging from the PS2 Spiderman 2 game was the definitive version...

Spider-Man_2_Coverart.png

The bottom line is, you can't just take what worked for Batman and apply it to other heroes. Everyone knows that.

MOS-logo.jpg

Except Warner Bros apparently.

Dark Drakan

Admin
*Yawn* yet another thread that brings up the MG Rising vs DmC argument there is no comparision they are different games in a similar genre, however as crazy as it sounds it wont be uncommon for people to enjoy BOTH games or neither or prefer one over another. None of those choices are wrong though they are just opinions & personal likes & people shouldnt be slated for their own choice.

These sort of arguments have been happening more & more often lately with CoD vs Battlefield, Saints Row vs GTA etc and I still dont see the point in them. The gaming world is big enough for multiple titles of similar genres without the need for belittling the one you dont prefer. I mean I tend to buy both games in the arguements & yeah usually do end up preferring one but doesnt mean you have to put down the other or its fans.

Last Friday when I went to Gamestop to pick up DmC before work, I saw a BIG poster of Metal Gear Rising and shook my head, then when I was inside and in line to pay for my DmC copy, I heard a couple of fat (or should I say big) boys who smell and have big ass gauges on their ears talking smack behind me, telling me "this is not Devil May Cry, this is Devil Gay Cry!" and "New Vergil looks like f*cking homo" I wanted to punch them in they stomach or faces but I didn't wanna get sued, go to jail, or get kicked out of store and never come back, so I ignored them.

If by some slim chance this story is true anyone who uses such a lame insult to anything deserves to be smacked upside the head regardless of their opinion on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom