• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I ran into a couple (you know what game) fanboys last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
I honestly think the reason that those people assume that MGR:R is the "proper DMC successor" is just because P* is involved so they assume Kamiya is part of the project...when he's NOT.
Well Bayonetta should have been considered the real DMC5 for those people. MGR doesn't even play anything like a DMC game. MGR is more of a tactical Hack N Slash while DMC series is more of a stylish Hack N Slash.

Nero.

So it got so bad to the point when anytime people belittle your precious DmC you got so mad you come to a forum to rant way to go tough guy.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Wow, proving the anti attitude of "it deserves a trashing even when I'm just pointing out some horrible unneeded attitudes". He wasn't ranting about the dislike, he was noting that even off the net, some people are immature little snits who give nothing but crap. Read more clearly next time.

Downfall

So it got so bad to the point when anytime people belittle your precious DmC you got so mad you come to a forum to rant way to go tough guy.

Come on, Nero. Everyone's allowed to rant once in a while. Let him cut loose a little bit.

Downfall

Wow, proving the anti attitude of "it deserves a trashing even when I'm just pointing out some horrible unneeded attitudes". He wasn't ranting about the dislike, he was noting that even off the net, some people are immature little snits who give nothing but crap. Read more clearly next time.

Man, I'd hate for one of these real life incidents to escalate into violence. Think, now your very well-being is now at risk simply because you happen to be a fan of a game other people don't like. It sounds like the antis were very close to hitting the poor guy. :(

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know that feel bro. I got attacked by some fanatical idiots myself at Gamestop and this guy was lucky he was just kicked out of the mall because I was about to lay him out bad. Also evidently I wasn't worthy to be wearing my FoxHound shirt because I was buying DmC. This motherfucker right here was really something. This wasn't the first time either. When I went preorder DmC I got my sh!t jumped. Also I got a total of 3 death threats from fanboys because I made fun of Devil May Cry. On another note I really can't wait for Ground Zeroes. BIG BOSS IS BACK!

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I think Ima walk into my GameStop dressed as DMC3 Dante while purchasing DmC, and if people want to give me shyit, I'll troll and be like..."New Dante is the best. Deal with it. :troll:"

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Eh, I never mentioned my pre-order story did I? I am fortunate enough to have a Gamestop with gamers who work there and who have various tastes, opinions, and generally are nice people even when I'm being sort of being picky about buying games. So when I pre-ordered DmC, the employee said something along the lines of liking the DMC games and being interested in it. I didn't know much about pre-orders and they gave me a full explanation of it; this was before The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword came out, my first pre-ordered game. Another time, when I didn't know much about PCs, a former employee told me why Vista and probably every current OS's out there requires more power than older OS's running the same game. He even gave me some information to lower the hardware usage, which I don't remember. So, they're just nice people.

Customers on the other hand, I have never seen a rude, bad, and asshats of customers at Gamestop. I don't think I've seen any at other stores either. I remember seeing little kids, like under ten buying M-rated games and stuff while their (grand)parents pretty much don't care or even know. Other times, a rush of like 3-4 kids ran into the store and just screwed around and bought nothing before leaving with their parents, I think? I have had an old lady just push me out the way when I was waiting for a cashier to be open at McDonalds; I was shocked. But I have never had another person insult me, belittle me, or being rude to me while shopping for whatever.

I ended up canceling the pre-order and transferring it over to Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time after Capcom announced the release date of the PC version; I'm going to skip about 75% the Wii U and PS4/NeXtBox and try to get a gaming PC to bide the time until a lot of console exclusives come out, I made the mistake with the Wii once and I'm not going to repeat it again. Basically, the only games I'm going to buy from here on out are console exclusives for the rest of the generation and continuing with only multiplatform (PC & consoles) for pretty much the rest of every generation of gaming. Yeah, I'm missing out on DmC, but a lot of other games too.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Server error. Here, have a bunny.
bunny11.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well Bayonetta should have been considered the real DMC5 for those people. MGR doesn't even play anything like a DMC game. MGR is more of a tactical Hack N Slash while DMC series is more of a stylish Hack N Slash.
Tactical? You can play that sh!t blind folded. Just hold L1 to wiggle the sticks rapidly and you win. My brother actually did it without looking at the screen. He hated it as much as I do. Ground Zeroes is where the real Metal Gear is at.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Tactical? You can play that sh!t blind folded. Just hold L1 to wiggle the sticks rapidly and you win. My brother actually did it without looking at the screen. He hated it as much as I do. Ground Zeroes is where the real Metal Gear is at.
Yeah, but that's just button-mashing. This takes skill and dedication: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93541-Blind-Gamer-Tackles-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time. There are others to, some blind, some with other disabilities.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
When it comes to Rising I was really disappointed with the demo, even if it was outdated. It demonstrated itself graphically admirably, but we really needed those extra difficulty modes to get a proper feel for upper level play. The DmC demo gave us Son of Sparda as an unlockable, and that gave us a perfect idea of how ridiculously easy upper level play was going to be.

Actually, when I went into a Gamestop to buy a game completely unrelated to both Rising and DmC (The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction if you care to know),

Mah boi!

Exactly. Does the game have cancel combos like the original DMC games do, maybe not. Does it have the player shooting at the enemies, no. People really need to stop saying that.

...well actually you can shoot enemies, with RPGs mostly, and we don't know what other sub-weapons might show up.

I think any fanbase has a capacity to produce appalling morons, and I've seen them on every side of the fence from her to the Amiga era. I do think being tempted by violence in a situation where people are just being stupid is a really worrying detail. Maybe you should avoid social situations in the future.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
God yes, Hulk:UC is a goddamned masterpiece on almost every conceivable level. I heartily consider it the best superhero videogame ever made. Prototype isn't fit to hold HUC's jockstrap.
Well . . . Hulk is bigger than Alex Mercer and James Heller combined. It's a shame Radical Entertainment suffered lay offs and a partial closure. Apparently, they can't make games anymore and can only support other developers. Damn it and I wanted to see another [PROTOTYPE] game.

Also, what do you think of Batman: Arkham Asylum and City or Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time, the inFamous series, the Amazing Spider-Man (the game, not the film), and Injustice: Gods Among Men (I know it's a fighting game, but still)? There's probably a couple more of recent super-hero games. Oh, what about LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes? Deadpool is getting his own game sometime as well.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
That makes two of us! ^_^

The funny thing is I just recently picked it up too, for a quid down at the pound shop. Punting cops into the New York harbour with a tree is still as awesome as I remember it being.

Have you noticed that you can complete the entire game while completely ignoring the cutscenes, and it actually compliments the gameplay in some ways? It feels more like actually being The Hulk, especially thanks to the one-word mission briefings that are hypnotically induced in you. It even makes the game a little dark, because for all you know you're just destroying huge areas of New York because a voice in your head told you to. It's genius.

Also, what do you think of Batman: Arkham Asylum and City or Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time, the inFamous series, the Amazing Spider-Man (the game, not the film), and Injustice: Gods Among Men (I know it's a fighting game, but still)? There's probably a couple more of recent super-hero games. Oh, what about LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes? Deadpool is getting his own game sometime as well.

Wow, that's a tall order. You know I like to carry on...I really should do more articles for No Mans Land on these games instead of bickering about DmC all the time...

I do actually have a review on Infamous 2 up on the blog if you're interested.

I didn't try out Shattered Dimensions or Edge of Time, but I did have the misfortune to put ten hours into Amazing Spiderman. Quite apart from continuing to fail in capturing the awesome web swinging mechanics of Spiderman 2, I could get over how vapid and unlikable the new Peter is or how uninspiring the storyline was. It even constantly abused that stupid "Twitter as Exposition" gimmick, thus proving it was laughable even before DmC. The loading times were too long too.

The Arkham series is the stand out Super Heroic game franchise at the moment and it certainly isn't undeserved. The presentation and attention to detail is beyond top notch, the combat is stimulating and the plot takes some impressive risks. At the same time though I do find some elements of City get stuck in my craw. I really didn't care for the cockney gangster psychopath rendition of The Penguin, although Nolan North did an absolutely amazing job of voice acting him. To my mind The Penguin should stand out among the Rogues Gallery of Gotham as the man with grace, eloquence and elan undercut by a lethal temper and a cruel jealous streak rather than a brackish howling cretin with a pint glass rammed in his head. My ideal Penguin is probably that displayed in Joker's Asylum.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Joker's_Asylum:_Penguin_Vol_1_1

Joker's Asylum is a great series by the way, and as it's an anthology you don't need any experience with the Bat Canon to enjoy it. My other problem is with the last act.

SPOILER WARNING - Arkham City

I really wasn't fond of how anticlimactic Strange was in the end, or that this whole plan was caused by Ra's Al Ghul being a lunatic. I like Ra's as a character; he makes a wonderful counterpoint to Bruce's sometimes unrealistic expectations of people and the justice system by taking The Punisher route in law keeping to diabolical excess. By having him, or any villain in any story really, simply turn out to be a mad man it discredits the validity of the character's world view and spoils the moral complexity of a story.

SPOILER ENDS - Arkham City

Still, this is a game which has the Penguin flood a museum's main display chamber and post a SHARK as a guard dog for the area. The only way that could be more awesome would be if Bats blew it up with an aerosol.

On the subject of Rocksteady, the developers of the Arkham games, I knew they'd do right by Batman because they made one of the best underrated gems of the PS2 generation.

256px-UrbanChaosRiotResponse_ps2.jpg

Look it up, it's really good.

I'm modestly interested in Injustice. Mortal Combat '11 was fairly good fun and certainly the best non-simulation fighter made in...well, ever. I wasn't too unfond of MK Vs DC either, so I know that the developers at Nether Realm have a decent grasp of the DCU and want to make the best of it. I'm just a little worried that the background hazards might misbalance the combat, but I'm always willing to give a new idea the benefit of the doubt.

And as for those of you bad mouthing Anarchy Reigns, it may have it's problems, but we all know which game has the best soundtrack.

Stitch that Honky.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The funny thing is I just recently picked it up too, for a quid down at the pound shop. Punting cops into the New York harbour with a tree is still as awesome as I remember it being.

Have you noticed that you can complete the entire game while completely ignoring the cutscenes, and it actually compliments the gameplay in some ways? It feels more like actually being The Hulk, especially thanks to the one-word mission briefings that are hypnotically induced in you. It even makes the game a little dark, because for all you know you're just destroying huge areas of New York because a voice in your head told you to. It's genius.

Just wait till a little later in the game. That "a voice in your head told you to" thing takes on a WHOLE nother meaning when you find out who one of the bosses is...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
God yes, Hulk:UC is a goddamned masterpiece on almost every conceivable level. I heartily consider it the best superhero videogame ever made. Prototype isn't fit to hold HUC's jockstrap.
What about Spider-Man 2 and the Batman: Arkham games? Hulk:Ultimate Destruction was pretty good though. I'm a massive comic book fan so I go out of my way to play superhero games. Just wish someone would give me a Spider-Man game with the quality of the Arkham games. I hope the Deadpool game will be good because I love Deadpool. I can't wait for Injustice:Gods Among Us though most of all.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
What about Spider-Man 2 and the Batman: Arkham games? Hulk:Ultimate Destruction was pretty good though. I'm a massive comic book fan so I go out of my way to play superhero games. Just wish someone would give me a Spider-Man game with the quality of the Arkham games. I hope the Deadpool game will be good because I love Deadpool. I can't wait for Injustice:Gods Among Us though most of all.
I already mentioned that to him . . . but I was ignored . . . :(

With a Spider-Man game of quality similar to the Batman: Arkham series, the Amazing Spider-Man (the game) tried to do that, but it was met with mixed feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom