• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

i know it's getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
everyone is posting a dante fights this guy, who wins thread...so...i decided i'll post my own....Dante vs. the Prince of Persia-SoT trilogy....now i know u'd all say Dante..but remember that the Prince is an extremely athlectic and skilled swordfight with amazing acrobatics....and don't forget he can also control time...ok...u decide...

my vote goes to the prince

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The Prince is outmatched, Dante can also control time, he can slow everything around him down to a crawl, the Prince's powers would essentially conteract that, as we've seen during...Warrior Within if I'm correct, The Empress slowed down time, and the only way to counter it was to active your own time slowing ability.

Essentially meaning that his time manipulation is a moot point, it becomes irrelevant, also, the Prince isn't superhuman, he isn't part demon, he's just a regular human with a dagger/amulet/interchangeable doohicky that can control time.
One good, strong stab through the chest is going to kill him, Dante opens with his Stinger move, makes a direct hit and the Prince has had it before he can even say "Oh bugger me."

Dante gets my vote.

aka958

Don't trust people
Ye :D But couldn't you counter with that time thing that makes you go faster? I thought i did that.
Dante is pretty much overpowering the prince and the games are equally as good to me :D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Explain to me how he could activate the dagger/amulet when he's physically died, it's impossible for anyone to do anything when they're dead except be...Dead, and...Y'know, rot.

He's only activated it to reverse time in a major way when he's on the brink of death, which is usually during a cutscene.
To my recollection, he's never outright died and then still been able to reverse time, and on a side note, a very important side note, he'd only be able to take a beating so many times before he ran out of sands to power the dagger, then it's game over for Mr. Prince.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
ok...in gameplay, AFTER u died..and i mean completely died, u still have the opportunity to revers it....and if he has the full power, it will tak ALOT to get him to run out..and he's so acrobatic that Dante would be lucky if he got 2 hits on the guy

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dante has superhuman speed, we've witnessed that, the Prince may be acrobatic, but it doesn't match up to the blisering speeds he can achieve in devil trigger, or the distances and heights he can jump normally.

And at most, he'd have about 5 or 6 chances to reverse/stop/speed up time, and providing Dante keeps beating him down, those chances would vanish very quickly.
Also, we're forgetting the fact that Dante has guns, an advantage the Prince doesn't have, the Prince can't move fast enough to dodge bullets, and being only human, it wouldn't take many of them to kill him outright.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
maybe he can't dodge them, but he is fast enough with the blade to ricochet them away from himself...and he just needs to misdirect dante til the dt runs out, then dante is screwed cuz it takes a very long time for it to recharge

aka958

Don't trust people
XD XD XD XD The prince is from an older timeline. He doesn't know how a modern gun look like. And he can hit away bullets with his bare sword? That vergil could do it is because he was a demon and that is why dante can do it.

The prince is from a time where he would be looked like a legendary warrior. That is awesome.
But come on, he doesn't stand a chance against someone as Dante.

a soldier from the past vs a soldier from the future.
The past soldier comes with his sword.
The future soldier comes with a rifle.

Who wins? Does the past soldier win with his sword or does the future soldier just shoot him and get it over with?

The prince can't bounce bullets of him with his sword. maybe if he did that time thing so he goes really fast but that takes his sands of time. Soon he is out of sands and filled with bullets.

I said before i like the games equally (maybe prince of persia more) so i don't say this because i like Dante more.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;183449 said:
a soldier from the past vs a soldier from the future.
The past soldier comes with his sword.
The future soldier comes with a rifle.

Who wins? Does the past soldier win with his sword or does the future soldier just shoot him and get it over with?

In the words of Sean Connery.

"Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Also, I'd like to make it clear that I do actually prefer Prince of Persia, I hold the Sands of Time trilogy right up there with Half Life in epic gaming and storytelling, the original Sands of Time game is in my top 5 games too.

But pitting the Prince against a superpowered, half demon like Dante is like pitting a Titan against a houseplant.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
but the houseplant is connected to Gaia, who is more powerful....and in the end, the prince would be so fast that dante would tire and eventually be defenseless

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;183478 said:
but the houseplant is connected to Gaia, who is more powerful....and in the end, the prince would be so fast that dante would tire and eventually be defenseless

No, wrong.

I like the prince but this is ridiculous.

Once his sands run our he is done, the prince simply cannot last as long as Dante.

Nothing the Prince can do with his tiny little dagger can hurt Dante.

A hand full of bullets would kill the prince.

And about the plant and Gaia, that is complete bullcrap. I just went out and killed a houseplant just now to prove you wrong.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
then u are an evil person for killing an innocent plant and one day Gaia shall punish u...meanwhile, the prince can draw the energy of the sands from anywhere....using anything in the environment,....and his dagger is corrupted by the sands, if the infected dante, he's screwed

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;183484 said:
then u are an evil person for killing an innocent plant and one day Gaia shall punish u...meanwhile, the prince can draw the energy of the sands from anywhere....using anything in the environment,....and his dagger is corrupted by the sands, if the infected dante, he's screwed

About Gaia, made up gods only punish idiots who believe in them.

The prince CANNOT draw the sands from anywhere, he can only collect sands from areas that happen to be tainted.

The dagger CANNOT corrupt things, that is why it is safe to use.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
it corrupts things it stabs...and every time u hit a vase or smash something, he collects sands, meaning, he can draw it from anywhere.....and u don't have to believe in something for it to possibly be true...besides, Gaia is not a god or goddess, she is a titaness

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;183489 said:
it corrupts things it stabs...and every time u hit a vase or smash something, he collects sands, meaning, he can draw it from anywhere

That is not true, they explain in the first game that when you break open thing you collect sand that already happens to be there. Because the sands in the hourglass scatter everywhere in the area.

Because there is a reason for the sands to be nearby in every game.

The dagger does not corrupt things.

Gaia is irrelevant to this discussion.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i know...but it's fun seeing u be irritated about her...lol...anyway....yes, the sands scattered...that doesn't mean they only stayed in one place....i think the battle depends on the circumstances, because with sufficient sands, dante is screwed

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;183492 said:
i know...but it's fun seeing u be irritated about her...lol...anyway....yes, the sands scattered...that doesn't mean they only stayed in one place....i think the battle depends on the circumstances, because with sufficient sands, dante is screwed

If the Prince has unlimited sand on hand he wins.

If not Dante wins.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;183501 said:
he doesn't need unlimited sands to find a way to get behind dante and assassinate him

That little dagger cannot one shot someone who can live thru a 6 foot long greatsword shoved thru his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom