• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I finished DMC3

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Hey everyone! OMG OMG!

I just finished playing DMC3, and all I gotta say is...wow! I mean really! I can't believe I had so much fun with it. Its got some really great goods that out way the bads.

time to explain my thoughts

Gameplay
The gameplay was really satisfying. I couldn't believe all the things I could do from surfing on an enemy to running up walls like a badass. The weapons were all really great to use. Especially Cerberus since I'm such a bruce lee fan. It felt tight and really deep to play and all the attacks to be able to pull off was really nice. I did feel the two devil arms at a time bit was a bit dissapointing at first, but I was able to appriciate it because I could focuus on two weapons at a time and learn their technical know how. I apparently got the "special edition" so I was able to also play as Vergil. He took some getting use to since I never really used yamato in DMC4, but he was very fun with his greaves gauntlets, and broadsword.​

Graphics
The graphics and environment were really nice and very ritual like. It reminded me of DMC1 a lot, along with the first three levels going street style on me which I felt a DmC plait there. and I really felt at home with the game immediately The tower had so much to offer in terms of environment that all I wanted to do was look around more and going up and around, over, under, and even within the giant demon's gut was all very interesting for the eyes to see. I was greatly impressed.

Story
The story was definetely a palit cleanser from DMC2. It was fun, action filled, and goofy at times, but also deep with a lot of its mythos. Taking religious archives and references and putting them in here was a really cool idea. The story was cool in featuring two things going on from brother vs brother, to daughter vs father, all while trying to save the world from a demon threat. However I will say that though that the story felt a bit touch and go. Like it seemed a bit basic to follow and sometimes I would be sitting there wanting more, but it lets me off with no explanation. Either way, they were not that big of a deal for me. I was also dissapointed that Vergil didn't have his own story like Vergil's downfall, but I guess playing as him is better then not playing as him.
Characters

Dante, Dante, Dante. Oh how I love your goofy stylishness.^_^ I loved Dante in this one cause he was so fun and badass. He had this air about him that said "That's right, bitches! Come get some!" That I just couldn't help but love. He was really cool and was a party crazy goon out for a good time. But near the end he really gets serious about what he has to do and takes a stand to do what's right. Funny how he seems so much like DMC4 Dante only more fun and doing cooler moves. And since this is Dante before DMC1 it makes more sense that he's young, and wild, and free. He reminded me a lot of DmC's Dante in that they both are quite under dressed, and both are really cocky. Even so I felt his character was a bit too fixated on partying and some of his lines would come off as cheesy, but hey, this game's anime based so I welcomed it with open arms.​
Vergil was really cool in this one. I might even say more cooler then DmC's Vergil. He just had this cool and badass thing about him that really made him seem so ahead of his time and standing at the pinnacle of style. However I felt he was also one dementioned in the sense that power seemed to be all that he wanted. He didn't even really explain why he wanted power, and instead attacked Dante in their final battle. I couldn't really feel a connection of the brotherly bonding cause when they did meet, they never had a discussion or conversation that was deep enough to really make me feel for the characters. They just said a few words, fought, and something would stop them, besides the final battle.​
Lady was really cool here. She was a great femme fatale ( I mean action female hero) and I loved her school girl style outfit. Very teasing~:blush: I liked her character because she was at first fixated on revenge, then remorse for her father and changing her kill to Vergil, only to be brought back to killing her father once again. Then there was when she saw her father dead on the ground, she did't shoot him but instead stood there, realizing that all the work she had done was for nothing. And then there's when she finally shot Arakam and felt remorse but also sadness. I just don't understand how she was so cool here, but then in DMC4...she's pretty much doing nothing.:ermm:​
Jester was hilarious to me. He was like Joker but more crazy. "That thick shaft that causes women to shuderrrr~"
The only demon I really liked the most was Agni and Rudra. They really were the funniest demons I've seen since maybe poison in DmC. I liked how they had such a funny conversation with each other while annoying Dante to no end. I hope they come back somehow, or demons like them come back.​
Wow. I wrote a lot for character​

Difficulty
This game wasn't as hard as I originally anticipated...till I fought Cerberus. Then I decided to play hard mode and...I got my butt kicked...a lot. So I kept leveling up and was then doing some good, till I beat the game. It's a real button masher to concentrate on. Sometimes I thought I would just die too. But yeah, the difficulty in this game is a real bitch o fa level. I can't wait to try out DMD mode. I'm sure that will be brutal. Bloody palace seems like a death trap so I'll be doing that soon as well.

All in all

in terms of a score, I give it a 8/10

This game really does deserve the title "Best Devil May Cry game". It certainly deserves it with all the great things added to it both in gameplay mechanics, and all around feel. I gotta say this game's really made me more interested in the series. It's like DmC for me all over again, and I really am happy for playing it.:D

I might even talk about how DMC1, and DmC was for me.​

Onecrazymonkey1

I'm glad you loved this one! it's hard not to. The one thing about Vergil in this, I have to say is that he was severely traumatized over not having the power to protect his mother; that was basically his driving force I believe. This is also highlighted when he says that "might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything...let alone yourself." it makes him very tragic I think.

Anyway I loved your review are you planning on writing one for DmC as well?

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
It's always nice to see people freshly discovering how amazing Devil May Cry can be. I've very happy for you.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm glad you loved this one! it's hard not to. The one thing about Vergil in this, I have to say is that he was severely traumatized over not having the power to protect his mother; that was basically his driving force I believe. This is also highlighted when he says that "might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything...let alone yourself." it makes him very tragic I think.
In criminal psychology you learn that people what were victims at any point in their life tend to ether continue been a victim or become victimizers themselves. Vergil seems to be in the latter. Dante, on the other hand, seems like he doesn't fall under ether, which is the hardest path to take.

Maxman

Yeah........This is JUST SO Satisfying to beat no matter how mnay times you beat it
GOSH I remember.........Dat ARKAHM FIGHT was HARD as **** and Vergil was.........even MOAR

The Rebellion

"We do what we want "
Yeah........This is JUST SO Satisfying to beat no matter how mnay times you beat it
GOSH I remember.........Dat ARKAHM FIGHT was HARD as **** and Vergil was.........even MOAR

whats worse in the arkahm is one is when you reach the middle no more devil trigger cause VERGIL! Vergil's fight hard only his devil trigger and his Moves !

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
whats worse in the arkahm is one is when you reach the middle no more devil trigger cause VERGIL! Vergil's fight hard only his devil trigger and his Moves !

the arkham fight was annoying beyond that fairly easier once you learned the system and i still to this day love the final vergil fight **** was intense

The Rebellion

"We do what we want "
Yeah it's annoying alright but lets face it all The Vergil fights are great and the last is just plain intense but EPIC!
Mission 20 that is the best fight boss I played

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
The fight was awsome, the music was awsome, we were all motivated, we all raising our blood pressure.. and for those like me then began to cry. It has been my favorite/least favorite ending ever! :'( *sniff* But I love that game. ^_^ Remeber you only experience a game once. And when you make it count, it's awsome and enjoyable! Unless the game sucked of course. :/

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The fight was awsome, the music was awsome, we were all motivated, we all raising our blood pressure.. and for those like me then began to cry. It has been my favorite/least favorite ending ever! :'( *sniff* But I love that game. ^_^ Remeber you only experience a game once. And when you make it count, it's awsome and enjoyable! Unless the game sucked of course. :/

That was by far one of the best scenes ever in devil may cry hands down

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
enemies devil trigger and are hard as **** to kill theree super aggressive there hits do massive damage the enemy waves are insane there are more tougher enemies per level the bosses are way harder and your attacks do little damage. It is twice as hard as dmc4 maybe more its not for noobs or feint hearted people

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
enemies devil trigger and are hard as **** to kill jere super aggressive there hits do massive damage the enemy waves are insane the bosses are way way harder and your attacks do little damage. It is twice as hard as dmc4 maybe more

Holy ****

Top Bottom