• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I’m lost. Help me to understand.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, so I’ve been here for about three years now (As some of you may be aware. Or you can just look yourself) And when I first joined, this place was usually quite peaceful. We didn’t have hectic activity here, or much chaos going on. Things moved quite slow, generally speaking. And now, as of the last few months, since the new DmC also, this place has gotten a lot worse. And I really fail to see what everybody’s problem is. Everybody is accusing everyone of jumping down everybody’s throats. We’re all pointing fingers, blaming people. We all think we know who the bad people are, maybe outcast them also. There are some of us who think we’re greater and shun those who are in the ‘wrong‘. But personally, I don’t understand where this has originated from. To be fair, I think we’re all equal. And if one person is saying they know who is to blame, and whining at them, then aren’t they wrong to do that also? So all in all, this madness and chaos is everybody’s fault. Hell, even mine also, for just being here and being involved.

This place needs equality. And we normal members don’t walk on the lines of, “This person has to go”, or “This person is always wrong”. Ultimately, we’re not Staff Members. I think personally things get blown way too out of proportion, to the point that this place separates into groups. And it’s these groups that are ruining the Community. The Community needs to be a whole, and as one. But with these groups, that’ll never be so. There are the ones who are wandering around, disagreeing with opinions. Those people are the ones usually seen as wrong, and are whined about constantly. However, they stay here. It is until a member of Staff chooses to ban them (If they decide to) that they will remain here. We also have the peace group (The righteous ones) The group that always walks away from an argument, pointing out the wrong doers. Holding their heads high as if they can’t be blamed for anything. And then there are those who do good and bad. They get involved with arguments, but step around the rules to not get harmed. I would refer to this as, doing a Sparda. For those of you that will understand what that means.

So, which group is right? Is it right to waltz around like you’re invincible? Or think that you’re more perfect, because you haven’t got in trouble from the Mods or Admins? Or is it right to disagree with opinions and find yourself arguing with people, and getting all of your posts reported? Or is it right to tiptoe around the Forum Rules, whistling as you walk away without getting blamed. No, none of these are right at all.

I’ll tell you which group I come under. I come under all three. Here is why. I am in the first group, because I try my best to help people. I am in the first group, because I ignore arguments and don’t get involved. I am in the second group because I caused arguments, insulted other members. I am in the second group because my bad actions gained me an Infraction. Something many of you First Groupers wouldn’t own. And I am lastly in the third group, because at times I have walked away from the heat with my so called ‘likeableness’, without being blamed for a thing.

If anything I have the right to say all of this to you lot, what with being in all three groups in my time here. None of these groups are right. The group we all belong to isn’t a group. It’s a fun-loving Community, where we discuss Devil May Cry in a reasonable and mature manner. We let people have their opinions. We don’t jump down their throats. And if we think someone is wrong, we don’t whine about it for hours. We just learn to ignore it. And if worst comes to worst, we let the real people handle the work. We let the Staff Members get involved and determine what is right or wrong. And we let them punish and ban who they so wish. We don’t class ourselves as better, or view anybody as less of a member. We label ourselves as equal, and we accept that.

Here are two splendid Threads to browse through.

The Ignore Function

^ This Thread shows how we can all be mature, and learn to ignore bad things. If we ignore them, we rise above them.

Help Us To Help You

^ This Thread just goes to show that we all take things into our own hands, and judge too much. We need to realise that the Members of Staff structured this place.

I would just love for all of us to separate our differences. Appreciate being around here. And to just let people be how they want, and let the Staff do their job without us trying to do it for them.

Here’s to hoping I can understand more of what you guys think and feel towards what I’ve said. And here’s to hoping there is a lot more good things to come to this place, instead of bad.

~LoD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm glad you took the time to make this thread, LoD. You're totally right, and I am guilty of being a part of the first group. I feel ashamed of myself, but that doesn't mean that I can't do better.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thank you to both of you for taking the time to read through my post. Don't worry about anything. We will all know which group we belong to. what I am trying to say is that all these groups are wrong. I'm not saying that we as a whole are wrong or anything, because we're not. But putting ourselves into a sort of particular group or category is most certainly wrong.

Also, thank you for the Rep Meg ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
LoD, this is a very honorable way to break up the cliques that have popped up here. I didn't give you rep before, so have some now.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Meg;293287 said:
Can I be in the group that's not in a group?

Wait...XD

Ah, I see what you did there :p

And no lol

Storm Silves;293288 said:
LoD, this is a very honorable way to break up the cliques that have popped up here. I didn't give you rep before, so have some now.

Thank you Storm, have some Rep back ^_^

I hope people understand that nobody here is wrong. But groups certainly are. It's like looking at a high school, with all the different groups for kids to be put in. People class, label and brandish themselves as being something. We all put ourselves into specific types. We're all meant to be one type here, that's what I'm trying to put across.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i think ur right LoD.....i have contributed as well....i have noticed it a lot though...and honestly i think the same thing...we all need to unite as a community....at least on some level

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
GamblingGambitCloud;293291 said:
i think ur right LoD.....i have contributed as well....i have noticed it a lot though...and honestly i think the same thing...we all need to unite as a community....at least on some level

I'm glad you feel the same way as me, and share the same thoughts. And glad you're on a level of agreement. Have some friendly Reputation for the fact that you were friendly ^_^

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I don't like to come across all judgemental but thats probably how this is going to come across so I apologize in advance.

Maybe I have just had some bad registering choices in my time but I have seen forums in a much much worse state than I have ever seen this place in. Majorly aggressive trolls, serious bullying, malicious namecalling and victimizing, forums hacked and flooded with horrible things. Maybe I am not looking hard enough but all I ever see here are minor squabbles which should be expected in a forum to a certain point especially after a drastic change in that which the forum is built on.

Fans should be allowed to vent a little it can't always be sunshine and rainbows as long as it doesn't get really nasty.
I have never seen a squabble turn into anything majorly aggressive where people are slinging mud at eachother left right and centre (which may just be down to the consistent presence of the staff's anti BS approach to it). Everyone seems to have respect even if it is on a basic level. Even people who I don't necessarily get on with here are not so horrible that I think of then as my "enemy".

Personally I have always felt quite distant from most members here as I have never really managed to get into the whole visitor message thing it just feels too personal and intrusive if I can't actually think of anything worthwhile to say.
I was once on a forum which had it's fair share of the mentioned above, then the staff got a chatroom and it did wonders for all of us and brought us all much closer, we became like a family (no exaggeration). It was no longer a case of talking to who you wanted to talk to via PM etc it was whoever was in the room at the time kind of like speed dating lol. I ended up getting to know a lot of them really well, that forum is dead now but I am still very good friends with a lot of the members of that forum (even the seemingly nasty ones I talk to on FB all the time)

I am sorry but this place always was and still is the nicent and most friendly forum I have ever been on. But that said I am not as active as others so maybe I just tend to not fall into these situations as much.

Meg

^ Oh gosh this one forum I was on! The members AND staff were horrible. I lasted one day and then said forget it.

@LoD- Weeeell then can I form my own group called the Dmc.org Community Group and everyone's invited? XD

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^^ I am absolutely taking everything you have said into account, and your opinion is appreciated as much as the next person's. I think you spoke in a highly mature way about your thoughts on this, and you weren't 'looking down' on anybody.

Yeah you are right, generally speaking. You're right in the sense that this isn't the worst place in the World, and there are levels of respect. I suppose how you see this is different, as I see it in the eyes of this place being the first and only Forum I have ventured to. And maybe I am taking things a little too serious, and getting very deep into a matter that to you may not exist.

But my underlined points still remain that even so, to me, lately it has gotten worse. I'm not saying it's insane levels of chaos, but it's to a level that there are 'subtle bashes' to certain people's credibility. And these bashes are not going unnoticed. Also so to speak, the groups are still very much evident. And I would like to see that fade away, so there can be more of that respect to others you spoke of.

I agree with your opinion and don't disrespect it in the slightest. And it may go against some of the things that I have mentioned, because you feel differently. But I still feel the way that I feel about this place, and to me it is a bit of a shame to see some of the things that have been said lately. And to know that there are these bad feelings floating around the atmosphere between the different groups of people.

+Rep for getting involved and having your say. Always welcomed ^_^

Meg;293294 said:
@LoD- Weeeell then can I form my own group called the Dmc.org Community Group and everyone's invited? XD

That seems reasonable to me lol :ninja:

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I agree LoD, if people took the DmC conversations with good heart and good intentions, none of this unending drama and verbal battles wouldn't have gotten so out of control. Just sometimes you can't help it with certain people, some like to be devil's advocates to make you think outside the box but other members take it the wrong way and get offensive...and that's when sh!t hits the fan as well.

I am not saying I am excluded from this, I was about to contribute to being a DmC hater until a post woke me up saying it is just a game, nothing to cry over. Take it with a grain of salt and move on.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I agree with both LoD and Darth Angelo. People can do more to prevent some of the issues we have had here however they have only ever been minor squabbles. People have a right to express an opinion and everyone has different tastes so people wont agree with everything and would be crazy to think everyone would get on all the time. However the arguments that have happened are so petty they shouldnt have escalated into 'arguments' and flaming in the first place. Merely difference in opinions that some people just cant fathom that someone would have a different preference than them and then belittle them for it. People merely need to agree to disagree and realise that not everyone likes what they like.

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;293283 said:
This place needs equality. And we normal members don’t walk on the lines of, “This person has to go”, or “This person is always wrong”. Ultimately, we’re not Staff Members. I think personally things get blown way too out of proportion, to the point that this place separates into groups. And it’s these groups that are ruining the Community. The Community needs to be a whole, and as one. But with these groups, that’ll never be so. There are the ones who are wandering around, disagreeing with opinions. Those people are the ones usually seen as wrong, and are whined about constantly. However, they stay here. It is until a member of Staff chooses to ban them (If they decide to) that they will remain here. We also have the peace group (The righteous ones) The group that always walks away from an argument, pointing out the wrong doers. Holding their heads high as if they can’t be blamed for anything. And then there are those who do good and bad. They get involved with arguments, but step around the rules to not get harmed. I would refer to this as, doing a Sparda. For those of you that will understand what that means.

There, the bold parts. That is what I can find from me. Otherwise, I'm not righteous or putting my head high. I may disagree with people's opinions but I do not try to disprove them or show that my opinions are facts in any way. I easily get into arguments and it seems like I make myself look like the bad guy everytime.

That plus I'm oftenly misunderstood, I easily pick up on others comments and thus bring forth a semi-flaming discussion. Or... I did. Not anymore though.

I have yet to show my changes but until then I belong to the group I described.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, I can't speak for anyone else but myself here and my perspective on the forum. I was a member of the Vampire Diaries forum for a while and the staff there were a constant presence and even though they were really nice you just knew not to get on their bad side. There were never arguments or flame fests there, and even when the whole VD vs Twilight thing was raging, most members applied themselves in a way as not to offend the other fans but rather to debate the issue itself. When that died down, the new influx of hackle-raising posts came when VD was transferred onto the CW as a TV series. We whined and cried about the drastic changes, declared we would never watch it and that it was an abomination and utter cr@p just reading the pilot. Until the staff very clearly informed us that the TV series is based off the books and explained to us that our trolling is silly. Those two 'heatwaves' we experienced lasted for a couple of weeks, at most, and then the staff nipped it very quickly. Other than that everyone got along with everyone, differing opinions or not.

When I became active here on dmc.org I didn't expect to make any friends, which I did anyway basically right away. I don't think I got an infraction on my first error, which was breaching one of the forum rules I think, but I think it was Keaton that closed down the thread with a post stating that this activity is not allowed on the forum. The next warning I got was the whole thing with RP and me and Sparda having a fall out. That was a definite clear warning, from Keaton again I think. And then the whole kaboom that went down in the fanfic board, which I'm sure I don't need to go into nor do I wish to, where I do feel I was at fault and should have just shut up and left when the first sign of a possible argument reared its head.

The staff here has been very understanding, very helpful and very humane, so anyone who gets banned can be sure to know they got banned for very good reason. I doubt it's a 'on a whim' action that's taken. The staff has also been incredibly patient with all the BS that's gone down at one point or another, and I mean I know I sometimes lose my head about certain things so I can imagine how some of these 'issues' must do their heads in.

And I'll be blunt...like I'm ever not...I'm not saying this to 'suck up' to the staff or bloat their egos or whatever. This is how I perceive the staff, no sugar coating it. Credo is fudging scary in his awesomeness, Keaton is like king, Dark Drakan is that guy who is a nice guy but the type of nice guy that you just know you shouldn't mess around with. Good staff = win. It's that simple.

The community though, I have to admit, seems to have gone a bit down the drain in recent months, although I can't really say that for sure because I haven't been here from the beginning, so I don't really know what it was like before the drama. I mean there was drama when I became an active member - drama between Sparda and the ladies (eg. Trish67 and VB) and he had his little entourage of Sparda-wanna be's, there was drama between one of the mods and a member who turned out to be a very very crude person who deserved to get a ban-stamp on his ass. And there has always been one or several members who think they're running the show here. They can derail a thread and still pull off an innocent facade and accuse others of being in the wrong. I mean I remember when one of the new members posted in their introduction thread that they feel nervous like they're at a new school, everyone told them otherwise. I'm the only one who told the truth, this place has turned into a school playground because there are cliques, and if you don't find one you connect with you kind of disappear and no one knows who you are, etc.

Anyway, I suppose what I really want to say is the whole finger pointing thing. I know we've been encouraged by the staff to help keep the place in shape, but I think it'd be good if the staff could very clearly tell us where the line between being good members and becoming overbearing members lies. I've always felt that there should be no need for anyone to chide another long-time member here that they're wrong, because of course that member knows they're doing wrong if they've been here for a while. If they're breaching a rule, the report button works way better than a post chiding them that they're doing wrong. The only time, imo, that anyone should be preached to about going off topic or breaking a rule is when the member is new and still needs to get the hang of what goes and what doesn't.

That's just my opinion on the matter. I can honestly say it works me into a tizz when I have someone come tell me that my post was wrong. I've been here a while, I know how things work, I don't need the lecture, I'll correct my error when I can figure out how the hell to fix it. I don't think people should put roles/responsibilities on themselves for keeping the peace, because that is what we have the staff for. If a hustle breaks out, someone is bound to report it, so why get involved at all but to fuel it?

Eh. Anyway. I will be totally honest and say that I know I've been labelled or am/was seen as the instigator...for lack of a better term at this point in time (it's 10pm I'm tired and hungry so don't crucify me for bad word choice)... of the fanfiction area. So I was shifted into the group of writers, which I didn't mind because I do love to write and I liked that people appreciated the effort I put into the RP idea for the forum and I'm glad it took off like it did. But I 'quit' the fanfiction board because people saw me as some arrogant know-it-all who pointed fingers and said 'but you're wrong and I'm right'. It was never my intention, but it was perceived that way, which is why I hightailed it out of there and haven't been active myself on that board. From my standpoint, I'm not a leader on the forum and I don't want to give the impression that I am, because I feel I've been in the red more times than should be allowed here. I had moments, and I still do quite often, when I think that some of the drama and the conflict on the forum has been caused by me. I can say I've ruffled some feathers here, you guys know who you are, but it had never been my intent to make enemies or upset other members with my actions. But then you can't force another person to see things as you do, just like you can't project your likes and dislikes on other people.

I really think that if we act more like people instead of the 'labels' we're given, the community will function in a lot more harmony than it does now.

-edit-
Wait. I'm part of the Gold Supporter group! I'm in a group, whoo!!! :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Master Vergil said:
The staff here has been very understanding, very helpful and very humane, so anyone who gets banned can be sure to know they got banned for very good reason. I doubt it's a 'on a whim' action that's taken. The staff has also been incredibly patient with all the BS that's gone down at one point or another, and I mean I know I sometimes lose my head about certain things so I can imagine how some of these 'issues' must do their heads in.

The only time, imo, that anyone should be preached to about going off topic or breaking a rule is when the member is new and still needs to get the hang of what goes and what doesn't.

That's just my opinion on the matter. I can honestly say it works me into a tizz when I have someone come tell me that my post was wrong. I've been here a while, I know how things work, I don't need the lecture, I'll correct my error when I can figure out how the hell to fix it. I don't think people should put roles/responsibilities on themselves for keeping the peace, because that is what we have the staff for. If a hustle breaks out, someone is bound to report it, so why get involved at all but to fuel it?

I really think that if we act more like people instead of the 'labels' we're given, the community will function in a lot more harmony than it does now.

The Staff have been understanding and helpful, and they really do an excellent job. I can see you’re not creeping around them or anything, just genuinely showing your respect. And I’m sure that it is appreciated. I know the Staff know who the good and bad people are. I’m sure they weigh out all of the points, so they can determine who is usually wrong and who is just misunderstood. So we as members shouldn’t think we can point that out to them. These issues do just what you said, as Staff have pointed out before. So I’m sure anything we can do to stop them would be appreciated greatly.

What I find is if the person is new, they just need to be welcomed into the Community in a respectful and friendly manner. Shown the rules and some friendly guidance, and they’ll eventually get the hang of it themselves.

What it is, is it’s people coming along and disagreeing with your opinion. Telling you that you’re wrong. But those people may not be disagreeing, they may just find it hard to accept your opinion. In whatever case, they aren’t meaning to be wrong. It’s like I discussed with Meg, it just comes across that way. I told Aka that I see him as being misunderstood around here. People are viewing him in a negative light from past actions, and not learning themselves to forgive and forget. And I don’t think it should be so that the righteous people should be holding grudges or anything. Not that I am saying they are, I’m just saying it wouldn’t be right if they were to. As I’ve said, let the Staff Members decide who is right and wrong. Not us mere members, it’s not in our means to have such control. We should report such things, but people like to step in and act like they are the peace-keepers. Thinking that what they say in the argument won’t be seen as a negative comment, because they were only trying to lighten the so called ‘tension’ that there was. However, from past experiences, this can go wrong. It can just cause more of an argument and a disagreement. And what may of seemed like a good idea at the time, to intervene, turns out to be a mistake on the ‘good’ person’s behalf. Therefore we should just report and not fuel the argument like you said. And let the Staff members deal with it accordingly so, if they so wish to.

Thank you, that’s what I’m trying to get at myself ^_^ + Rep

Dark Drakan said:
People can do more to prevent some of the issues we have had here however they have only ever been minor squabbles. People have a right to express an opinion and everyone has different tastes so people wont agree with everything and would be crazy to think everyone would get on all the time. However the arguments that have happened are so petty they shouldn’t have escalated into 'arguments' and flaming in the first place. Merely difference in opinions that some people just cant fathom that someone would have a different preference than them and then belittle them for it. People merely need to agree to disagree and realise that not everyone likes what they like.

What I’ve seen is these petty arguments like you’ve mentioned. And I just want to understand where the heart of the problem lies. And you’re right, it does lie within that also. People aren’t accepting other people’s opinions. But I think it comes down to the groups. Those people who think they know who are right and wrong, are probably going to agree with those who act the same as them. And those who usually get seen as wrong, and probably more likely to agree with those that are the same as them. I think that if we didn’t have these groups, we’d all be able to appreciate others and accept things easier. And we wouldn’t keep having these silly squabbles.

+ Rep ^_^

Faust said:
I agree LoD, if people took the DmC conversations with good heart and good intentions, none of this unending drama and verbal battles wouldn't have gotten so out of control. Just sometimes you can't help it with certain people, some like to be devil's advocates to make you think outside the box but other members take it the wrong way and get offensive...and that's when sh!t hits the fan as well.

Thanks, but I’m not entirely saying that the DmC conversations caused all of this. But it was certainly around the same time as they were starting out. So I don’t think they helped or anything. It just made everybody hold their opinions tight, and not appreciate anyone else’s. I think with time people open up more, and learn to accept other people’s thoughts and feelings.

+ Rep ^_^

Meg

Master Vergil;293344 said:
I mean I remember when one of the new members posted in their introduction thread that they feel nervous like they're at a new school, everyone told them otherwise. I'm the only one who told the truth, this place has turned into a school playground because there are cliques, and if you don't find one you connect with you kind of disappear and no one knows who you are, etc.

All the more reason to talk to me! :D

Honestly though. I like talking to people. If you're new , or just shy and want to be buddies with someone then drop me a VM. I was never a clique person. Not in school and not here. I like everyone! :D Oh sure there are some people I'll talk to more than others, but that's more because they are on so often. I don't like cliques, so I don't consider myself a part of one. So if you wanna chat about the weather, or if you're having a bad day feel free to talk to Meg! :D

And MV- don't feel like you're kissing up to the staff. I make countless appreciation threads, I made a social group honoring Mr. Credo and Mr. Keaton, and I'll sometimes send messages just saying how much I appreciate the staff. If anyone's an ass kisser its me. :lol:

And as far as labels go I've no idea if I have a label or not. I don't pay attention to that stuff. I mean I hope I'm liked since I like you guys. :( The only label I have that I know of is 'Meg.'

EDIT: Something else I wanted to add. I was talking to LoD about this. Basically I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and even though people mess up sometimes I don't think they are a bad person. I don't hold grudges against people when they make me mad since I've done stupid things to, so who am I to judge? Oh sure I might vent, but everyone needs to at some point. But after that I'm good and I move on and forget about it. I think that's a good way to be.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;293360 said:
EDIT: Something else I wanted to add. I was talking to LoD about this. Basically I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and even though people mess up sometimes I don't think they are a bad person. I don't hold grudges against people when they make me mad since I've done stupid things to, so who am I to judge? Oh sure I might vent, but everyone needs to at some point. But after that I'm good and I move on and forget about it. I think that's a good way to be.

Nice it works for you. But to me I don't think that would work. Some people just push it too hard it's difficult not to hold grudges. But of course I vent my own way. The crazy way, such as talking to myself, and raging by discussing to the person as if he/she was in front of me discussing.

But... ehh... don't judge. I do it when no one sees. <_<

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
i definitely agree that this place has become divided into cliques. i look at each person here individually, with the exception of credo (because he has a gimp suit that i'm afraid of wearing again) and drakan. people need to realize that any arguements or unpleasantries that happen in a thread, stay in that thread. feelings are hurt, but life goes on. no need to spoil other threads ongoing discussions over something that happened under an unrelated topic. this isn't a cafeteria. there are no tables for you to choose to sit and eat lunch at.

We all think we know who the bad people are, maybe outcast them also. There are some of us who think we’re greater and shun those who are in the ‘wrong‘. But personally, I don’t understand where this has originated from.
you're right. there aren't bad people, just people who tend to act immature and are not given the same benefit of the doubt other members are. i've been guilty of going on that prejudice in the past, that's something i'll work to improve on, personally.

We also have the peace group (The righteous ones) The group that always walks away from an argument, pointing out the wrong doers. Holding their heads high as if they can’t be blamed for anything. And then there are those who do good and bad. They get involved with arguments, but step around the rules to not get harmed. I would refer to this as, doing a Sparda. For those of you that will understand what that means.
i think that a mix of both of these qualities is what should be strived for. don't start stupid arguements and keep the rules in mind before you post. there's nothing wrong with 'stepping around' them, as you say. i don't really know the whole sparda reference but it's not a bad quality. you should be keeping the rules in mind when you're in a heated discussion.

So, which group is right? Is it right to waltz around like you’re invincible? Or think that you’re more perfect, because you haven’t got in trouble from the Mods or Admins? Or is it right to disagree with opinions and find yourself arguing with people, and getting all of your posts reported? Or is it right to tiptoe around the Forum Rules, whistling as you walk away without getting blamed. No, none of these are right at all.
you're right none of them are right. the group that doesn't get in trouble as opposed to hasn't yet. i've gone 3 years without an infraction, wonder why? because i've never made a post in response to something disrespectful that's just curse words and insults. i understand that the forums are not a real-time conversation, and that taking the time to cool off if something gets on my nerves is for the better. but hell, a lot of you probably just think i have my head up my ass. :lol:
We let people have their opinions. We don’t jump down their throats. And if we think someone is wrong, we don’t whine about it for hours. We just learn to ignore it. And if worst comes to worst, we let the real people handle the work. We let the Staff Members get involved and determine what is right or wrong. And we let them punish and ban who they so wish. We don’t class ourselves as better, or view anybody as less of a member. We label ourselves as equal, and we accept that.
i'm of the opinion that in a community that is, as you described, 'whole', it's important for people to call eachother out. if someone is being immature and whiny, there's no harm in pointing it out to them. but it's subjective. see, with this site people also seem to jump at people who do this and it's ridiculous.

generally, if you think that the situation is explosive, and that it'll only spill more blood then let the staff handle it. report and walk away. if you think there's even a chance of it, then i say don't get involved.

and lastly, do so with maturity. don't pick sides, and don't start flaming people yourself.

LordOfDarkness;293283[url=http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=20445 said:
Help Us To Help You [/url]

^ This Thread just goes to show that we all take things into our own hands, and judge too much. We need to realise that the Members of Staff structured this place.

I would just love for all of us to separate our differences. Appreciate being around here. And to just let people be how they want, and let the Staff do their job without us trying to do it for them.

on the contrary. that thread explicitly stated that the staff can't do everything for you. people need to start showing some maturity, plain and simple. i've read two other threads like this now, and there are a lot of good feelings and goals made. the problem is that nothing really comes of it. there's too much talk and not enough action.

Top Bottom