• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Human OR Demon

Human or demon

• Human

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Demon

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Re: Human Vs Demon

I believe that this is why versus/comparing threads were banned. This is turning into pointless squabble. I understand what Aoshi was trying to do, which is sad because now his idea has been ruined. This thread will probably be closed within a short time because people have decided to argue on why demons are better than humans.

I don't about you guys, but I think being human can be an enjoyable experience, and I think we should be greatful to be what we are. I'm going to stand up for what I am because I believe that I was made this way on purpose, k thanks.

We can be just as powerful or even more powerful than any demon, if that's what you seek out of life.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

So, love and compassion are "waste"?

Two words.

Bull. Crap.

And stop arguing. I'm pretty sure this isn't what Aoshi had in mind when he made this thread.

Meg

What's funny is that I was JUST about to say "Oh forget it, we're getting nowhere." and end it, but you guys beat me to it. :lol:I'm glad you guys agree with me. I was just trying to explain what Blue Devil just explained very nicely. But, Drakkar disagrees so that's that.

ok...
it's about 19 years that im human( I had about enough) now I want to turn into a demon :D

Meg

Drakkar;237924 said:
ok...
it's about 19 years that im human( I had about enough) now I want to turn into a demon :D

Well you can go and be hunted down by Dante then. ;)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium

Drakkar...do you want to know what it really boils down to?

Motivation. If you're trying to say that the difference between the average demon and the average human is that demons have power and don't have the unnecessary human emotions that we all carry, then what's the point in being a demon? Humans are motivated BECAUSE of emotions. Love will push any human to great lengths if what he is doing is in the name of his love, or love period. Happiness is a byproduct of success in most cases. Compassion for things pushes us to achieve more in relation to or because of those very things.

If a demon had none of these emotions, what motivates him to use his power. A demon wouldn't do something like rule over a race of people if nothing were motivating him. Without emotion, he would simply be there. He would have no purpose, as their would be no satisfaction from said scenario, simply due to the absence of emotion. The same rule applies to ANY display of power, aside from that of survival...but then again, why would he want to survive? What motivates him to carry on with life? With no emotion, there would be no use in life itself.

I'm not meaning for this to sound rude, I'm simply working out flaws in logic.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

DAMN, man. You always know just what to say during these kinds of situations, I swear.

Meg

^ That is EXACTLY what I've been trying to say. BD you have a way with words. *applauds* You deserve cake! :lol:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium

Yay, cake!

Anyway, now my reason for choosing humans over emotionless demons is justified. -nibbles on cake-

Meg

Even if we're talking demons like Sparda I still choose human because if I was like Sparda I would have to put up with tons of other demons' sh*t. No. Thank. You. :lol:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium

A demon with human emotions is a different story. If I got to make an INTELLIGENT choice at the beginning of life, I would probably choose a demon (if this were the case) over a human (simply because demons are more likely to survive over an extended period of time...provided there is no Dante)...but if I had to choose between who I am now, and being a demon with human emotions, I'd still be me.

Also! The demon has to be human looking xD! I don't want red spikeys poking up off of my body everywhere.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium

Yes, Sparda is quite the fellow. Anyway! This is actually a pretty interesting thread. I hope more people decide to join in and throw out their opinions provided there's no following argument xP

EDIT: Changed there to their ^_^'

Meg

Drakkar;237948 said:
ButI like to be like sparda :\

Then you can be like Sparda and fight off hordes of demons and never get a moments peace while I sip lemonade and read books. :lol:

BTW Blue Devil we weren't arguing we were expressing our opinions in a disagreeing fashion.

Meg

You want to do that? o_O Well then by all means, go ahead. :lol:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium

BLAH! Whatever xD! At least it didn't devolve to
"DEMONS ARE BETTER!!!"
"NUH- UH, HUMANS ARE!"
"NO, HUMANS ARE DUMB!"
"WHAT?! DEMONS ARE!!!"