• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how would YOU have directed DmC?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
lol :) There you are: http://devilmaycry.org/threads/spawn-the-animation-round-2.19563/ Todd posted some cool pictures and preview storyboards. There ain't much at the moment, but i hope we hear more soon.
He's also working on a live-action Spawn movie. According to his earlier quotes, he's aiming to make it more of a horror film than a superhero one...which, given the demonic and twisted nature of the Spawn mythos, sounds like a great idea to me.
As for the animated project, well...my ultimate hope is for Keith David to reprise his role as Spawn's voice.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
He's also working on a live-action Spawn movie. According to his earlier quotes, he's aiming to make it more of a horror film than a superhero one...which, given the demonic and twisted nature of the Spawn mythos, sounds like a great idea to me.
As for the animated project, well...my ultimate hope is for Keith David to reprise his role as Spawn's voice.
I hope new movie will be better than first one. First one is probably weakest part of Spawn franchise. I haven't heard much about movie though. I took pictures and animation news from his post on FB last week :D

alis grave nil

NOTES

1)Dante's look will be a cross between Devil May Cry 1 and DMC. Like Devil may cry 3 but slightly older,like dmc 1 dante witg black hair like DMC .Hair wilk be white only during his Devil trigger or the angel version 'Aether Trance'.Dress wise, he will have a punk/ goth/ casual look (jeans, boots, fingerless gloves, etc) .

2) Devil's never cry (devil may cry )is an occult shop, and there are several of them, owned by friends /aquaintances of Sparda and the 'Trinity Society '(secret society for witches and devil hunters) .Dante runs one of them.

3)enchanted cigs/functional smoking because it's, why not? exploding cigarettes or paralysis smoke, can be usde in game play.Cigarettes that recover health, etc (thing bayonetta with her lollipops)

4) Dante knows how to street fight,like really brawl.

5) Vergil is visibly traumatized and ****in psycho but hide well. This is due to beig left in the demon world for years with onky Yamato to protect him.He was living with Gloria (I know she is trish but damnit, I made her her own person) until she was killed and Vergil was taken...Vergil was rescued and , dumped in a church 'The order of the Sword '.Recipe for disaster.

6)Dante didn't have a happy life either.He spent his teen years in group homes aand mental institutions as did Kat.They were actually childhood friends, their mothers having been in the same coven.Dante learned to stop telling people about the monsters he saw through the glass and they finally let him go.He is suppose to be taking pills but never takes them.

Last edited:

alis grave nil

----

Setting -small town in Europe called 'La Capulet '

Time period :?

Important : Eva was part of a Coven of devil hunters called 'Sisters of Trinity '

(The Sisters of Trinity are Aethers descendants of angels who chose no side in Armaggedon As a result , they are earthbound and though they retain their powers, they can be killed like humans)

-They are contacting witches whom they have made blood pacts with to obtain human bodies and walk amobg us. The seance is in relation to the fact that the church of Avalon may have recently killed a witch and are trying to drive the Sisters out of La Capulet.

The members are:

Eva Luciani(dante and vergil’s mother)

Isabella Luciani(Eva’s twin and Trish’s body donor)

Morrigan Avalon (Kat’s mother)

Lucinda Lauson (Lucia’s body donor)

Kalina Ann Devereux (Mary/Lady’s mother)

Ceres (Kyrie and Credo’s mother)

Gloria (Trish's other body donor)

With them is a seer named Selena who bears a striking resemblance to the Luciani sisters (the seer is Nero’s mother).

----

Opening :The game opens with a sewnce with
The Sisters of Trinity having a seance with the local Witch Counsel.The Sisters sense a Hell gate opening and realize they have to break the séance but can’t completely do this (they use the séance’s to channel power from witches and contact them.They are currently telling the witches about the ongoing problem with rogue demons).Insetad, only Isabella,Lucinda ,Ceres and Kalina Ann are dispatched to take care of it.

--

Mission 00 pt 1

-Fight for your life!

-You play as: Isabella, or Kalina Ann (ceres and Lucinda unlockable) or on two players,both .You fight through hordes of demons untilhelp arrives.

-The sisters all use whips as a primary weapon, but have a a set of guns (ebony and ivory for Eva)and dagger to finish off more powerful demon.They all have a special weapon (Kalina ann has...a roxket launcher with her name on it) .Each has their own element and special abikities, not to mention 'Aether Trance ' (their form of devil trigger.In this mode, they can see hell circles on demons and kill them in 1-3 hits,but not Angels).

Cut scene

The Hellgate is sealed towers...or so they think.Arms tear through a wall and snatch Gloria away.The ground cracks and Temen ni gru has started peaking from the ground.People panic in te streets and run indoors.Many of the people are hiding in the town’s churches,hoping it will save them,but the demons are snatch people from the shadows.

In the midsts of it all,Gloria calls out through a mirror for help.A Priest named Aaron Arkham takes his daughter Mary and hides her in his study.There, he kills a fellow priest as a sacrific to summon the demon Sparda.Sparda demands to know why he should help,wheb a 4 year old Mary (Lady) leaves her hiding spot.Arkham immediately gets on the defensive.Arkhamthreatens to seal him away forever if he touches him.

'Children are rare in the demon world, most of them are half breeds.Unfortunately, they are viewed as burdens and used as servants, or raised to be in hell's army.I never knew this feeling ',he said.

'I love my daughter more than anything ',Arkham said.

'Love? ',Spards said.

'Yes ',Arkham answered.

'A demon cannot love...we have no time for such things.We must always be prepared for battle, ready to expand our army ',Sparda said.

'Love makes you do the impossible and the unthinkable. I summoned one of the strongest demons in hell out of love ',Arkhem said.

'And you know the price? ',Sparda asked.

'My souk is yours, master Sparda ',Arkhem said.

'All for love...',Sparda said to himself.

Moved by such selflessness, Sparda agrees to help the humans.He said to Arkham that he cannot use his full power unless he completes the ritual.Arkham does so and requests that he save Gloria(who promised to serve Sparda in return.Gloria is now no longer an angel but a full on demon), takes a humanoid form and the three set offto Temen ni gru.

-

The Sisters have retreated back to Devil’s never Cry with bad news.Isabella is dead,Lucinda is marked by a demon,Morrigan is severely injured and Kalina Ann lost one of her eyes.Arkham is with them, and Gloria says he rescued her from hell.

-The player now uses Sparda, Gloria or Arkham to run through the three floors of Temen ni gru(only three floors have risen from hell) .

Cut scene
-

(Arkham finds that with no soul, he can no longer banish demons unless Spards is nearby)

Sparda faces Rowen (OC,pronounced Roh-wen) , one of Mundus's generals. Rowen demands to know why Sparda changed sides.He replied 'Love ' and tries ro convince Rowen to join.Rowen laughs at him and Spards strikes him down.He gives Roan a chance but he denies.Sparda kills him,sending his spirit back to hell.

With Arkham's help, he seals Temen ni gru pernanatly,freeing the town from the wrath of demons .They broke the gate into the two halves of the special amulet and the keys are Rebellion (closing)and Yamato (opening). Roan tells Sparda he will return,but Sparda flips him off and takes off his head.Sparda then comes to .

Sparda is seen as a hero to La Capullet but the Sisters are persecuted.They are driven out as well as Arkham andSparda leaves with them.

Years later, La Capulet will be renamed 'Fortuna'.
--

Mission 00 pt 2

-beginning of the end-

-You play as Aaron Arkham

Background
-

It’s years later and Sparda has married Eva and had two children; Dante and Vergil. Morrigan has married a psychic named Vincent Leto.Since the death of Isabella and Gloria becoming a demon,Ceres returned to her home town,as did Lucinda .The sisters have disbanded.

Cut scene
--

Arkham is plagued by nightmares of Rowen .He awakes from his sleep and checks on Mary who is crying,He takes her to Kalina who has just awoken to the sound of their child’s cries.She said there is a monster in the house'.

Once the two sleep again,Arkham goes down to his library,sensing a dark presence.There,in the mirror,Rowen taunts him,telling him that he will come for Arkham’s daughter and wife as penance for sending Sparda after him.The phantom of Rowen appears and tries to kill Arkham.

-You now play as Arkham -

-As Arkham,most of his attacks are spells and he uses a staff and dagger.He can melee attack with the staff and can use forcefields to block energy based attacks.F Player drives Phantam Rowen back into the demon realm and destroys the mirror.-

Unfortunately,because Arkham’s soul is no longer in his body,Rowen takes control of Arkham and summons a Isabella’s body and instead to come for Sparda.

--
Cutscene

-Someone walks into the new Devils Never cry (which is an inn as well as an occult shop)and Eva is surprised to see her sister,Isabella.

-You play as Eva .Fight Isabella-

Cutscene

-After the fight,Isabella knocks Eva unconscious .Mundus tells her to kill ,but she refuses.Isabella goes to find 9 yr old,Dante and Vergil who are playing outside.They both are wearing part of the Perfect amulet and are using dagger versions of Yamato and Rebellion.

Mundus watches through Isabella and realize together,Dante and Vergil are even more powerful than the traitor,Sparda.Sensing this,he realizes,he must separate them and decides he wants Vergil as his disciple because he is a better fighter.

Mundus attacks the children through Isabella’s body and Dante freezes up,thinking it’s their mother.Vergil tells him other wise and challenges Mundus to a fight.Before he can engage,Eva knocks out Isabella ,unavble to kill her own sister.She chains up Isabella in a coffin and places wards on it.

Meanwhile, Arkham has killed his wife and bound her soul to Mary as a ward so that Mundus cannot take either of them to hell.Mary, now 13, runs away the next day with her mother's weapons.

-

alis grave nil

sorry for the spelling errors.I'm on a tablet and it's being strange.will revise when i gt a computer.so tell me what you think?

i only three missions thus far. By then, Dante is like i his early twenties though

Top Bottom