• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring Vergil back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
this may sound stupid but hear me out...God resurrects Vergil and tells him to save the world from Mundus, Vergil agrees only for revenge, halfway through Vergil meets Nero, Dante intervenes joking that Nero is his son, Vergil forcibly removes Yamato from Nero, Dante n Vergil fight, interrupted by Mundus, Vergil and Dante destroy Mundus for good, Vergil leaves contemplating if Nero is his son...

i havent really thought this thru...:lol:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;270712 said:
But Nero - Yamato = no DT. :/

Seconded!
Vergil would need a greater purpose than simply wanting his sword back. Unless you work that idea into something a bit more complex and flesh it out, and say, for example, Vergil wants Yamato back BECAUSE Nero has gone insane with its power and is causing chaos that not even Vergil and Dante combined would have been able to wreak. I'm sure it'd be an epic moment.

Nero: Rawr, I have the power!
Dante: Oh...no :dry: I ish scared!
Vergil: *appears* I have come to retrieve Yamato. You can't handle it!
Dante: Ah, this reminds me of the good ol' times.
Vergil: Shut up.
Nero: RAWR!!!

I mean it was mentioned before how easily humans become corrupt, even more so with power in their hands, and it should be no different to Nero seeing as he's more human than demon.

But...yeah. I used to have like a huge stack of ideas about how to bring Vergil back, and all of them were decent, but most of them now really are nul in void, considering that Nero probably is Vergil's son. So the only ones I can come up with that won't contradict canon at this point are:

- Vergil possesses another vessel to return, which means if we're lucky the vessel will have SOME semblance to Vergil's appearance, but it won't really BE Vergil. It'd be like a new character with Vergil's voice and name. (this can be anything from another human form, to a statue, to a bianco angelo's armour)

- Vergil got cloned. Not as far fetched as it sounds, considering that demon souls can be harnessed and duplicated in the DMC universe. Cloning his physical body should be a piece of cake.

...mmmmm, cake....:)

But the whole theory that Vergil is possessing Nero's arm is invalid. If Vergil had possessed him, it would have been more evident. As it stands, Nero heard Vergil's voice in his mind long before Dante rocked up on the scene, since he states 'from that day forth my arm changed', which CAN'T be directed at the day Dante stabbed him and brought Nero's dormant demon forth, because that would have happened the same day as everything else that occurred in DMC4. So, I don't believe Vergil will come back by using Nero as his instrument. All the references and hints to Vergil through Nero indicates that Nero is directly related to Vergil, as Capcom intended (I hate when things become clear), rather than Vergil trying to come back by using Nero as a channel to do so.

Which leads me to my final conclusion, which is that there really is no way to bring Vergil back. No good way, at least.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil possessing a Bianco Angelo armor would be pretty badass, but it would be better as an Alto Angelo. They have swords, of course.

Vampi

No Vergil possessing a clone of his Nelo Angelo armor is not badass, its lame. I wouldn't doubt if Capcom ever thought of that, cause ya know...they hate Vergil.

The only way i would accept Nero's lame arse, is if he's a botch Sparda clone. Other then that, if he's the son of anyone he would wreck the character of Vergil and just mess up the whole storyline throughout the DMC series.

Dante is stagnating and is getting boring, he should be overcome by his demon side (mind you Capcom had this idea, and they totally threw it out the idiots. So this idea is not really coming from me. But it would be cool if Dante delved into his dark side).

Also, Nero needs tragedy cause he's boring and his character is boring and cliche. Kyrie needs to die and he needs to go crazy. He should be the new antagonist in the series. I can totally see him being a crazy lunatic all just cause he failed to saved Kyrie.

And Vergil should be the main character already. Everyone pretty much wants him back (yes, yes, i know Kittn and Dreadnaught are all into the Nero and Dante main character stuff. But the majority of DMC fans want Vergil back. So :p

DMC is a video game, a work of fiction. Capcom just has to be clever in making Vergil return. Nelo Angelo just disappeared in a cloud of smoke...that's it. He can even do that ingame. I didnt see him explode or any body parts falling out when the infamous DMC 1 Nelo Angelo so called "Death" scene happen. He could've transported anywhere for all we know.

bobek388

Bobek388
I don't want anymore Vergil in the nelo angelo armour, he looks much better in DMC3.
And Vergil doesn't really need any good reason to kill somebody, and kid using his Yamato is a very big reason to kill him.
He nearly killed Dante, his brother, just to get his amulet.
He nearly killed Arkham just because he didn't kill his daughter and he didn't need him anymore. Or maybe just one of those reasons, rather the second reason, because when he stabbed him he said "I don't need u anymore"
So for sure Nero using his Yamato is a great reason for Vergil to kill him.

bobek388

Bobek388
Vampi;270797 said:
No Vergil possessing a clone of his Nelo Angelo armor is not badass, its lame. I wouldn't doubt if Capcom ever thought of that, cause ya know...they hate Vergil.

The only way i would accept Nero's lame arse, is if he's a botch Sparda clone. Other then that, if he's the son of anyone he would wreck the character of Vergil and just mess up the whole storyline throughout the DMC series.

Dante is stagnating and is getting boring, he should be overcome by his demon side (mind you Capcom had this idea, and they totally threw it out the idiots. So this idea is not really coming from me. But it would be cool if Dante delved into his dark side).

Also, Nero needs tragedy cause he's boring and his character is boring and cliche. Kyrie needs to die and he needs to go crazy. He should be the new antagonist in the series. I can totally see him being a crazy lunatic all just cause he failed to saved Kyrie.

And Vergil should be the main character already. Everyone pretty much wants him back (yes, yes, i know Kittn and Dreadnaught are all into the Nero and Dante main character stuff. But the majority of DMC fans want Vergil back. So :p

DMC is a video game, a work of fiction. Capcom just has to be clever in making Vergil return. Nelo Angelo just disappeared in a cloud of smoke...that's it. He can even do that ingame. I didnt see him explode or any body parts falling out when the infamous DMC 1 Nelo Angelo so called "Death" scene happen. He could've transported anywhere for all we know.

I agree on everything except the Dante part, he's a cool character, he's a main character and he can't get boring.
For me the only main characters are Dante, Vergil and Sparda, rest of them even Nero are boring side characters for me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly, it seems like you just want Vergil to kill Nero so that Vergil can come back and a hated character of yours can die in a pit.

Vampi

Bobek388 I doubt Capcom would let just Nero die all of a sudden without further explaining his origin. Even though alot of DMC fans dislike Nero, you gotta admit everyone is intrigue in what relation he is to the Sparda lineage and how he came to be. Vergil just killing him just out of the blue (no bun intended) would be kinda lazy and careless.

Yes i dislike Nero because he was an unnecessary addition to the DMC storyline and his personality is cliche and his story isn't tragic like the rest of the cast. I don't hate him, he's just unnecessary. So let's see what DMC 5 has in store for us.

I'm sure if Vergil does return in a physical form, no doubt he'll want Yamato back. But you also have to consider that Dante has his half of the amulet and the Sparda sword. I'm sure Vergil would be itching just to get his hands on it...most especially his half of the amulet.

And Dante is getting boring. Just because he's the main character (he wasn't in DMC 4 mind you) doesn't mean he can't get boring. And he's not cool anymore. DMC 1 Dante is cool. DMC 4 Dante is just a jerkface clown who doesn't give a damn about anyone. That is not the Dante that i fell in love with in DMC 1, in which he showed compassion and was witty yet serious when it was the right time. DMC 4 Dante has no motivation in life. We need a new, logical perspective on him. He needs to delve into his darker side. We need to see how he is when he's not in control of his situations. It'll make him seem more human so to speak, to be honest.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
maybe nero become vergil because of the yamato.in the beginning of the game,he's nero but time by time he changes and at the grand finale,he totaly becomes vergil.so vergil is back and nero's gone.it's better than ever :D

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
In the last Dante/Nelo Angelo fight, when Nelo disappaers in an explosiion of energy, Mundus says Vergil was defeated, and since Nelo only carried the "departed" soul of Vergil then Vergil's soul, I believe, is still back in Hell. Since, souls are eternal and never die or disappears out of existence, Mundus probably still has Vergil's soul hidden somewhere.

I think that when Vergil fought Mundus and was defeated by Mundus when his Yamato broke in two, he was forced into becoming Nelo Angelo, since Vergil is not the type to agree to be someone else's servant or slave, at least that is what I believe.

His physical body was probably never destroyed, but that his soul was ripped away from his body, since Mundus knew that Vergil would never give in to his influence b/c Vergil carried the blood of Sparda.

In DMC 3, we see that the place where Vergil confronts Mundus is the "Room of the Fallen Ones". When Vergil was defeated by Mundus and his soul ripped out of his body, his body probably sank deep into the lake of blood before Mundus had the chance to destroy his body.

So in DMC 5, if it starts where DMC 2 left off, Dante's mission could be to find Vergil's soul which is hidden somewhere in Hell, probably trapped in some mystical item, since we know that there are objects that suck the souls of people (for example: the item that Dante grabbed after he defeated Beowulf, which threated to suck the life out of Dante and trap his soul inside). And in the process Dante finds Vergil's body and has to be reunited with his soul. Thus, Vergil is back to his old self. Now, Nero's Story is another matter (his past, his arm, Yamato,etc.). So, I still haven't connected the dots yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom