• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How does Bayonetta compare to the dmc series?

IncarnatedDemon

thanks :) anything else you can tell me about it? or the new dmc im thinking of getting both and i want an honest unbiased opinion
I am a bit biased when it comes to new DmC.
But the demo is out, so you can play the demo and see if you like it or not.

If you want my opinion on it...i can do that too. Just ask.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
already done lol however everyone is entitled to their own opinion i was simply curious and i still think it sux that its only for wii-u but meh oh well

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
ok so whats your opinion on the new dmc? my big concern is gameplay graphics and combat

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
So crank it to hard if i want to have a challenge..wait do i have to play normal to unlock hard?

IncarnatedDemon

ok so whats your opinion on the new dmc? my big concern is gameplay graphics and combat

Gameplay: It reaches a certain standard that past DMC games have. But it has regressed.
On console there is not 60 fps, 30 fps. There is no lock on. And no taunt.
There can be said more, but these three are some of them.

Is it still enjoyable? Yes.

Graphics
Pretty nice. The art design is pretty good. And compared to past games the look of the cutscenes is much better. It looks more realistic than other games.
The enviroments are pretty nice too. With alot of colours.

It is a good game. But from a DMC perspective, it's not much different than past games. The only difference this time around is a less deep combat (you can gauge how much when you play it yourself), a new paint job (motion capture) and a new companys version of a story (DMC 1) that have already been told.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
you cant lock on???? what kind of nonsense is that???? one of the reasons i love the dmc series is how much easier boss fights are when you can always see them lol plus shooting is kind of hinged on locking on to an opponent:( wow that sux

IncarnatedDemon

you cant lock on???? what kind of nonsense is that???? one of the reasons i love the dmc series is how much easier boss fights are when you can always see them lol plus shooting is kind of hinged on locking on to an opponent:( wow that sux
They have a automatic lock on though. That locks on for you, though it isn't as efficient as they hoped it would be.

Martius

SSSmokin!
So crank it to hard if i want to have a challenge..wait do i have to play normal to unlock hard?
If you want challenge at level of dmc3 or even dmc4 you wont find that in DmC. Demon dodge can wreck anything and bosses are more about spectacle than interesting mechanics.

already done lol however everyone is entitled to their own opinion i was simply curious and i still think it sux that its only for wii-u but meh oh well
I would prefer to have sequel on current gens but lets see how that will turn out. If Platinum with help of nintendo can make sequel which will be major improvement over original i wont complain.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
damn:/ and i guess ill try it so long as there is some kind of lock on. is there different styles link in dmc3 in the new dmc and what about vergils combat i found it very restricted in dmc3 has that been changed in the new dmc???

IncarnatedDemon

damn:/ and i guess ill try it so long as there is some kind of lock on. is there different styles link in dmc3 in the new dmc and what about vergils combat i found it very restricted in dmc3 has that been changed in the new dmc???
This review will help alot. Its a guy whos a very die hard fan of DMC. And his reviews are awesome:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lol really i didnt find dmc 3 that diffucult untill the last lvls to be honest :p maybe thats just me however i am excited to play bayonetta now and i guess the new dmc as well umm does anyone know about vergils combat in the new dmc i found him very restricted in dmc3

IncarnatedDemon

lol really i didnt find dmc 3 that diffucult untill the last lvls to be honest :p maybe thats just me however i am excited to play bayonetta now and i guess the new dmc as well umm does anyone know about vergils combat in the new dmc i found him very restricted in dmc3
His gameplay looks pretty good actually. I havent played the DLC (It's a DLC), but ive seen some amazing looking videos of people playing as him.

EDIT:
Here is DmC NT Vergil gameplay

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
sweet that might make up for it :) quick question anyone here a fan of the new ninja gaiden?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
ive heard castlevania is good can you give me any details as far gameplay characters weapons and plot?

Top Bottom