• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How does Bayonetta compare to the dmc series?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hey i was recently lookign at purchasing the beyonetta game i was wondering in terms of plot character development gameply and just overall kick ass level how does it compare to the dmc series??? what should i be expecting from it and is the gameplay similar, exactly the same, or completely different, also graphics good or bad?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Do you know anything about the game? lol my questions from above still applying-- i was wondering in terms of plot character development gameply and just overall kick ass level how does it compare to the dmc series??? what should i be expecting from it and is the gameplay similar, exactly the same, or completely different, also graphics good or bad?

IncarnatedDemon

Do you know anything about the game? lol my questions from above still applying-- i was wondering in terms of plot character development gameply and just overall kick ass level how does it compare to the dmc series??? what should i be expecting from it and is the gameplay similar, exactly the same, or completely different, also graphics good or bad?
Story: Not deep. Just a story that doesnt take itself serious. Not to say its bad, just that in my opinion it seemed like a half baked story.

Graphics: fair.

Gameplay: Pretty good.

If your buying the game at cheap price, you wont be doing a bad thing if you love gameplay similar to DMC.
or Hack and Slash genre (DMC, Darksiders, etc)

aoshi

IGN reviews can be pretty ignorant sometimes *cough*godhand*cough* but this i agree.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's a decent action game that you will have some fun with.

Character wise and plot, it's freaking atrocious. Also very forgettable.

Bayonetta herself is an ugly hyper sexulaized character that is just done to the point where its nothing short of shameless and just dumb. A weird giraffe lady who took pole dancing lessons.

Yea, I don't think Bayonetta is kickass or anything. I'm not prepubescent.

aoshi

Also, if you do get to like this game, Bayonetta 2 is a Wii-U console exclusive. That can suck unless you are going for it anyways.

IncarnatedDemon

**** bayonetta 2 wont be for the 360?
Here is what happened.

Bayonetta 1 had issues with its PS3 version to begin with. Loading and frame rate issues. Later it was patched.
Xbox360 edition was great.

So i believe because of PS3 having issues it affected sales. So Bayonetta 1 sold only 1.4m.
President of the developer company rated the sales of the game"C or maybe a D".
Sega who funded took a finacial loss, not necessarily because of Bayo though.
So the ydecided "We will focus on core IPs", they closed many game offices and cancelled game projects.

Platinum Games (the developers) asked Sega for publishing of Bayo 2, but Sega could not afford it. So Sega adviced Platinum Games "Hey go to Nintendo".

Nintendo said yes, we will publish Bayonetta 2, on 1 condition:
EXCLUSIVE to Nintendo Wii U only.

Bayo 2 happened, its only going to be released on Wii U .

IncarnatedDemon

Also if prospects are to be believed, Bayo 2 could take the throne over DMC.
Why i say that? Well Bayo 1 was impressive.

Bayo 2...looks polished, and thats not only thing. Bayo 2 is attempting at coop.

And that coop can take Hack and Slash genre to the next level.

I dont know if you know this but in DMC 3 you can coop but its not fleshed out well:

If Bayo2 makes a more fleshed out coop, then...DMC will go down to second place. The queen of Hack and Slash (Cereza) will take over the throne, while the king (Dante) will step down.

And then ud have to wait for DMC 5 (no not that reboot), to challenge Bayo 2 for the throne.
it will be like AMD vs Nvidia :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
LOL sounds exciting in my opinion though dmc will always rule the throne of hack and slash

IncarnatedDemon

LOL sounds exciting in my opinion though dmc will always rule the throne of hack and slash
Bayonetta and DMC as GAMES are like siblings. Because the same guy who directed DMC 1, and many of the same people who worked on DMC 1 (Team Little Devils),
they are also worked on Bayonetta 1.

Director of DMC 1 + Bayonetta 1: Hideki Kamiya
Developer Team of DMC 1: Team Little Devils
Developer Team of Bayo 1: Team Little Angels

While the protaganists of each game is like lovers. Dante loves women. Cereza aka Bayonetta is a femme fatale. There is many DMC references in Bayonetta as well.
bayonetta-and-dante.jpg

645615656.jpg
bayonetta_vs_dante_by_zukicure5gogo-d397tqx.jpg
8618878.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's one thing you should know about that person your conversing with. She's so hung up on her own views and opinions she truly believes her own lies and will never listen to anyone else who goes to counter that.

Bayonetta just isn't a popular series and Nintendo played necromancer for a cheap IP no that was just sitting there and no one else wanted. P* even flat out stated themselves that Bayonetta 2 only exist because of Nintendo.

That's just too hard for them to accept though so they started making up a whole bunch of stories to try and get more comfortable with the idea that they wouldn't be playing Bayonetta 2 I guess? It's kinda freaky.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lol well bayonetta sounds like its worth a shot atleast and the picture above of her and dante SUPER LOL!!!! although i dont see dante crying after sex :p hmmmm a game that included both characters...on a coop basis...now that would be a game

IncarnatedDemon

lol well bayonetta sounds like its worth a shot atleast and the picture above of her and dante SUPER LOL!!!! although i dont see dante crying after sex :p hmmmm a game that included both characters...on a coop basis...now that would be a game
Indeed. You should get the game for cheap price nowdays. So a good deal.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
thanks :) anything else you can tell me about it? or the new dmc im thinking of getting both and i want an honest unbiased opinion

Top Bottom