• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hiya, it's thero

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Well hello there!

As you can see, my name is therogis. You may call me thero too. As far as I understand, therogis means nothing, it's just a name - or at least I didn't intend it to mean anything :D I'm from the land of Santa Claus (suomi Finland perkele torilla tavataan *) and English isn't my native language, so please forgive me my grammar and/or vocabulary errors.

I am a fair new fan of the DMC franchise in a sense that some people wouldn't even state me as a "fan"... because I just bought DMC 1-3 HD Collection a couple of days ago and immediately fell in love. Nevertheless, I have just completed Mission 3 (damn that lava spider), so I am a pretty slow player. That's mainly because my studies take a lot of time, so does my other beloved hobby, thus I've got usually up to 10 hours a week for playing. During some hasty weeks I can't play at all.
Please don't kick me off because of my low dedication to gaming, I'm really trying my best :D This is actually my first time ever on any English-speaking gaming forum, so idk how hardcore gamers you are.

Because I'd like to tell you a lot of things and because people don't usually have the time (or they don't bother) reading long, story-like introductions, let me list some trivia for you!

GENDER/PRONOUNS: Fem and she/her. If that's hard for you, I won't get mad if you used he or they or whatever.
SPEAKS: Finnish, English, Swedish, German, a little basic French + I know the cyrillic alphabet yay
STUDYING: Law. Finishing my Bachelor's soon.
HOBBIES: Writing (I've got two novel manuscripts ongoing), playing games, reading books, some yoga.

FAV...
Music: Game music, see fav games, and mostly rock/pop-rock/metallish, e.g. Within Temptation, In Flames, Apulanta, occasionally some Sonata Arctica.
Games: (DMC ofc) Detroit: Become Human, Horizon Zero Dawn, older Assassin's Creed games, Dishonored.
Books: I read a lot of Finnish literature so I won't state books, just genres: fantasy and scifi (in the sense of futuristic scifi and dystopias, outer space isn't my thing).
Movies: Shawshank Redemption is the definite #1. Liked Capernaum too, and I love The Godfather I and II.
Food: Too much everything, although I can't stand kinkkukiusaus (I think it's ham casserole in English?).
Drink: Green tea, and I'm not meaning the tiny teabags like Lipton. I mean real tea leaves that you have to measure with spoon. (At least in Finland you can't really get good teabags anywhere, that's why Finns usually don't like tea - they don't know that there is also an option to buy some real leaves. Usually in the smaller cafes the Lipton teabags are the only form of tea that's available).

And for the 2nd line marked with the *, the meaning of "suomi Finland perkele torilla tavataan": That's a traditional Finnish way to state their nationality on different Internet platforms. Means roughly something like "Finland Finland devil let's meet at the marketplace".

So, enough about me now! I'll continue wandering around the forum. See ya!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hi and welcome - everyone is pretty friendly here and anyone who isn't gets shut down fairly quickly.

Unless it's me. There's literally nothing that can be done in that case. People have tried and failed. I'm like garlic four days after eating it...it just won't leave...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Thank you, both of you! :) The atmosphere in this forum feels very nice, and it felt nice to get some welcome messages too. Kind of weird too: I've seen even a lot of smaller forums in which people are NOT welcomed in any way. Oh well, I guess it could be just because of the grumpy Finns with knives.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Welcome and thanks for the in depth introduction, nice to hear some details about members so we get to know them straight away.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh a new fan? You're in for one hell of a ride playing all the games from the first one.

Just don't get burnt out.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Thank you all! :) You're making me kinda nervous about what's coming next... :D
Newer Assassin's Creeds have really spoiled me, like almost every enemy can be defeated the same way - just hit them with anything long enough, parry sometimes, and that's it. It's taking a long time for me to realize that DMC doesn't work the same way :p (I actually tried to fight that lion thing in mission 4 the same way as Phantom, and yup, it didn't work out... when a bit of creativity was used, it was an easy one, so I really need to focus on that the enemies ARE different from each other)

@tehrugger: Kiitos! Hyvää yötä! (= "Thanks! Good night!" It's 10:51 pm in Finland.)

Lifell

Welcome to the forum! And nice, another tea person :laugh:. I usually only meet coffee peeps for some reason.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Welcome to the forums and to the series, hope you continue to enjoy the games

My apologies! I forgot to say thank you :D

Welcome to the forum! And nice, another tea person :laugh:. I usually only meet coffee peeps for some reason.
Haha me too, like I said Finnish people don't usually like tea. They're just drinking regular Juhla Mokka coffee, which, in my view, tastes so boring... I'm a bit of a tea/coffee "snob", I grind my own coffee beans (and ofc I'm using the most dark roast beans I can find) and I never buy teabags, just loose leaf tea. Preferably green or white, black tea isn't really my thing :p

Lifell

Haha me too, like I said Finnish people don't usually like tea. They're just drinking regular Juhla Mokka coffee, which, in my view, tastes so boring... I'm a bit of a tea/coffee "snob", I grind my own coffee beans (and ofc I'm using the most dark roast beans I can find) and I never buy teabags, just loose leaf tea. Preferably green or white, black tea isn't really my thing :p

I'm from the Netherlands and people seem more stoked on coffee but a lot of peeps do also really like tea. It's a mix here I suppose. I'm not a huge coffee fan but lately I seem to like it more. I just don't have the urge to really dig into it too much :p. Considering tea I find green, black and oolong teas the nicest. Milky Oolong is one of my favorites for example.

I personally don't feel snobby but I might be. There just aren't that many people in the Netherlands that use different temperature water for different teas and that filter their water prior to boiling it. Ah well. I do what I do lol.

Top Bottom