• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hiroyuki Kobayashi answers the fanbase(Old, but gold)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
1) Nero and Vergil are connected alluding to more than just the Yamato. The details behind this tie will be revealed later on in the series effectively confirming one or more Devil May Cry sequels.
2) Multiplayer is a possibility in the future.
3) Kobayashi-san backs up the fact that Vergil is not dead by stating that no one knows what happened to him.
4) Nero will return as a playable character in the future.
5) Kobayashi-san is interested in a Sparda game.
6) Pending demand, a Vergil game is a possibility.

http://community.us.playstation.com...ki-Kobayashi-answers-the-fanbase/td-p/9603107

Viper

Premium
umm just checked. It's 2008. Don't think it's relevant anymore with them wanting to replace DMC with DmC.
The title did say answers were old, but there might be some relevance in it, since they showed interest in going back to old series and I doubt they just chucked these ideas out the window never to be seen again.

outoftheblue

@Gel Thanks, hopefully there is some of it still on Capcom´s mind for the series´future, but it´s an 2008 interview....I wouldn´t hold my breath.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
The title did say answers were old, but there might be some relevance in it, since they showed interest in going back to old series and I doubt they just chucked these ideas out the window never to be seen again.
Sure would hope so. I remember that Itsuno said that next DMC will be one everyone's wanted, but instead they made DmC.

Viper

Premium
Well no one is asking you to hold breath, but don't also be defeatist and not so much as discuss potential. There is a rumour of DMC5 already floating around, use this to build upon it, at least to kill time if nothing else.

outoftheblue

@Viper Oh, I suspect there is going to be a DMC5 soon and that the whole survey thing with the Special Edition is just a stunt to get better sales, but still....I believe whatever they had in mind back then has probably changed or is mostly gone.

Viper

Premium
@Viper Oh, I suspect there is going to be a DMC5 soon and that the whole survey thing with the Special Edition is just a stunt to get better sales, but still....I believe whatever they had in mind back then has probably changed or is mostly gone.
Maybe not so much the Vergil still alive thing, they often point out he is fan favorite, and with Capcom so being focused on sales he would be a perfect bait. Or they could do a game focusing on his quest somewhere in that time before DMC3, but after visiting Fortuna. Remember, we were never told what the deal with the lady in red was.

outoftheblue

@Viper Vergil is totally a fan favorite and Capcom would make a mistake by not digging that one, but Capcom has made mistakes before, so....
Personally, I would love a Vergil game, exploring whatever they come up with or ,even better, a sequel with a resurected/brought back Vergil, but that´s what I was expecting after DMC3.... and they made DMC4.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im more on @Gel and @Viper side's as most of what he said could still be in play given the special edition's focus on Vergil.

Granted ideas can fade but unlikely since DMC has been active since 2008 in some capacity(reboot or not doesnt matter) so these ideas are more likely to stay with him (RE6's new character Jake is pretty much Nero/Dante reused in the RE universe).

Other than that its a old interview so unless tgs brings something concrete, best not get too excited.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I wouldn't take any of what Kobayashi says seriously anymore; the man can't de/hype his way out of a paper bag and he seemed to have zero scope about what the team would be capable of delivering in terms of the game-- "Devil May Cry 4 will feature more weapons, maneuvers, enemies, locations, music, and cut scenes than all the previous releases combined", for instance. Then there was the BS about "Nero is not related to Sparda" and the back-and-forthing about Vergil: "Vergil is/not/is appearing in this game". The only thing he got right was "Vergil is not in this game", out of a technicality.

Point #3, though, seriously? DMC4's "History of DMC" blatantly says that Vergil was killed by Mundus before DMC1 even happened, and his soul was placed in a construct similar to Trish. Then he exploded. Then the island he exploded in exploded. Then the Order used pieces of his corpse to power the Angelo armors. Then the novel said it. He's dead and gone. Him surviving all of that would be ridiculous, when Sparda and Eva both (as well as every other killed character, and the boss devils in 4 that didn't become Devil Arms) remain dead. Despite fanon, immortality is not an actual trait of the Sparda family/genealogy.

And also I'm still bitter about "We marketed this game to women, so we took out the things girls don't like, things that are disgusting and violent graphics or events". F that. Sanctus's face was still intact after that point-blank shot, Credo dissolved into faerie dust, and we don't get to see Hell because he thinks women are made of treacle and lace and don't bleed every month? That isn't even mentioning the abysmal characterization around all the female characters. If there's a DMC5 that explores anything vaguely mentioned in that old interview, I don't want him anywhere near it.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
I wouldn't take any of what Kobayashi says seriously anymore; the man can't de/hype his way out of a paper bag and he seemed to have zero scope about what the team would be capable of delivering in terms of the game-- "Devil May Cry 4 will feature more weapons, maneuvers, enemies, locations, music, and cut scenes than all the previous releases combined", for instance. Then there was the BS about "Nero is not related to Sparda" and the back-and-forthing about Vergil: "Vergil is/not/is appearing in this game". The only thing he got right was "Vergil is not in this game", out of a technicality.

Point #3, though, seriously? DMC4's "History of DMC" blatantly says that Vergil was killed by Mundus before DMC1 even happened, and his soul was placed in a construct similar to Trish. Then he exploded. Then the island he exploded in exploded. Then the Order used pieces of his corpse to power the Angelo armors. Then the novel said it. He's dead and gone. Him surviving all of that would be ridiculous, when Sparda and Eva both (as well as every other killed character, and the boss devils in 4 that didn't become Devil Arms) remain dead. Despite fanon, immortality is not an actual trait of the Sparda family/genealogy.

And also I'm still bitter about "We marketed this game to women, so we took out the things girls don't like, things that are disgusting and violent graphics or events". F that. Sanctus's face was still intact after that point-blank shot, Credo dissolved into faerie dust, and we don't get to see Hell because he thinks women are made of treacle and lace and don't bleed every month? That isn't even mentioning the abysmal characterization around all the female characters. If there's a DMC5 that explores anything vaguely mentioned in that old interview, I don't want him anywhere near it.

You're absolutely right my compadre and I support your reasons solely because you sorta opened my eyes a bit, on Kobayashi's hypocrissy and to be honest the man isn't honest at all, so I doubt he'd ever take creating video-games seriously anymore. I'm saddened to say this but reast assured that it's 100% pure reason that a new writer needs to come in and fix Kobayashi's mess, because he screwed everything up to the point where the characters, story is a laughable joke.

You my friend deserve a :fistbump:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
"Vergil Game = Pending demand"
Pending demand
Pending demand
57151194.jpg

Top Bottom