• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

~HD Collection vs DmC~

Kammosjuttu

Yeah, changing the main character in DMC4 but still making him so much like Dante was a bit funny decision of them. They could've as well put Dante as the main character as Nero was what he was. I admit it I like to call Nero "Neropatti" (in my language that means either "a smart-ass" or "an idiot"... since "nero" means "a genius" in my language the nickname just came, haha) even though I'm not meaning to be hateful towards him. I think I say it in a more jesting way. But deep down I still think DMC could do without him, sorry. :/

Reactions: Meg

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That still doesn't explain anything what you said before.
Well what was the point of DMC 4 story with Nero being the main character? I found the story really bad.

@ Kammo
You know i agree and reason is Nero is like a teen from our world put into DMC world but with Dante/Vergil's look. And he had no background. Infact the world of DMC 4 had little info. So the story sucked.

DMC 4 is the reason why people critizice DMC series storyline. However, gameplay wise DMC 4 chews other games gameplay up.

Asmodaius

*sigh*

Okay, CoolDemon, I don't think you get my question...
I agree, I don't find Nero very interesting and the very storyline is quite random without any consistency to the past games. However, that was NOT what I was asking.

What I would like to know is what did you mean with this very sentence:

To me Nero is a waste. Why do i say that? Because it wrecked DMC story. It's another reason why DmC reboot not being good.

Nero being a waste and all... What does that have to do with the DmC reboot?

Kammosjuttu

*sigh*

I agree, I don't find Nero very interesting and the very storyline is quite random without any consistency to the past games. However, that was NOT what I was asking.

Well... maybe he meant that he fears the same let-down might happen with DmC? Like, the team was trying to freshen up DMC4 but it backfired.
But whatever the case is, I think DmC won't be a bad game.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
*sigh*

Ok, let me try again. DMC 1 storyline is strongest at DMC 1 and 3. DMC 2 and 4 wasn't much of a story. In 2 there was that power sick guy, in 4 there was the power sick pope.

Nero was put as main character in DMC 4. But why? Isn't Dante good enough or cool enough? And Nero's background was never explained. Why did he look like Dante and Vergil? So Nero as character in DMC series is a waste to the story line because he just popped in without any info and became the main character of the story and the game. And since DmC is a reboot of DMC series the chance of explaining the background of Nero is pretty much zero.

So what was the point with the character Nero?

Asmodaius

Ok, let me try again. DMC 1 storyline is strongest at DMC 1 and 3. DMC 2 and 4 wasn't much of a story. In 2 there was that power sick guy, in 4 there was the power sick pope.

Nero was put as main character in DMC 4. But why? Isn't Dante good enough or cool enough? And Nero's background was never explained. Why did he look like Dante and Vergil? So Nero as character in DMC series is a waste to the story line because he just popped in without any info and became the main character of the story and the game. And since DmC is a reboot of DMC series the chance of explaining the background of Nero is pretty much zero.

So what was the point with the character Nero?

Alright, I get what you are saying... You find the DmC reboot to be "bad" because it won't explain the origins of Nero, right?

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
You don't get it.

Look here:

To me Nero is a waste. Why do
i say that? Because it wrecked
DMC story. It's another reason
why DmC reboot not being
good.

He asked how could a lame copy of Dante, i.e. Nero, be a possible reason of the upcoming DmC not being good !?!
In other words, how can you say that because Nero was bad, DmC will also be bad ??
Actually, even I could not understand your reasoning :confused:

Alright, I get what you are
saying... You find the DmC
reboot to be "bad" because it
won't explain the origins of
Nero, right?

Damn... Guess I was a lil late... If it's like that, then noone in the whole world could be happier than me !! I'm glad that I atleast get to play as DmC Dante in DmC if not DMC Dante.

As far as Nero's concerned, I think that his love story was enough for me. Hell with his background and all. Well, that's just my way of thinking.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The only problem with Nero is that they said that he has the Blood of Sparda, and never bothered to explain how, why, etc. Otherwise he's fun to play with. He can never be Dante but at least he is easy to use and has nice moves.

Asmodaius

I'm just not fond of Nero. The overall story of DMC4 was cool, but the whole thing about Nero I find rather boring and unnecessary. I think mainly it's because he both looks and plays ALOT like Dante. If they had made him more unique both in looks and playstyle instead of basically cloning Dante, then I think I would be more acceptive of him. And of course, the fact that we might never know of his origins now just adds to my negative attitude towards him.

I'm just glad that Dante is the main character of DmC, even if he is indeed an alternate version of him. ^^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree with you, he seems kinda poorly made. A young Dante-like character who even acts a lot like him, but I meant gameplay wise. He is easy to get used to, and the DB is fun (alas a bit repeating:p). As for the overall DMC4 story I kinda find it like a joke. If it was a TV series I'd thought it was a filler episode. When I played it, I thought of it as a test-drive for PS3, for the DMC-team. You know they only updated the graphics, the story didn't make much sense, and Dante had the same moves he had in DMC3/1 all but a bit altered. But all in all I still enjoyed it. Sanctus was the lamest guy there:p - personal opinion, but if you have Demonic powers, you return from the dead, and then you take the Sparda and you're still lame..XD

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i just want to know if there's a preorder bonus for either...in other news, i'm glad i can finally play these games on a next-gen (or is it this gen? I can't remember what we call it now) system. It just really ****es me off that it's $8 for DMC4 used for 360, but $18 for DMC4 used for PS3....what the hell!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i just want to know if there's a preorder bonus for either...in other news, i'm glad i can finally play these games on a next-gen (or is it this gen? I can't remember what we call it now) system. It just really ****es me off that it's $8 for DMC4 used for 360, but $18 for DMC4 used for PS3....what the hell!
maybe one come with a case and the other one doesnt. Yes. a 10 dollar case. With Manuel!!
Im hoping nero doesnt make an appearance in DmC.
Just hope NT sticks to their bread and butter (Dante) and try to make a great story, which isnt too far fetched for them

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Alright, I get what you are saying... You find the DmC reboot to be "bad" because it won't explain the origins of Nero, right?
Yes, among others. I do not mean that DmC is a bad game. Just that making DmC (a reboot) of DMC series is unecessary because Neros background and story wasnt explained among others. He just came into the game and had a love story and it ended. When Nero said "That day my arm changed - I N EED MORE POWER".

My heart was thinking "Vergil u motherfucker are u inside of Nero?!!!".

But little was explained of Nero so looks like a waste of character.

Top Bottom