• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

~HD Collection vs DmC~

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Will the Devil May Cry HD Collections be good or bad for the next up and coming game, DmC?

It will be good for the DmC just because the HD Collection of a game (talking generally about games) can't surpass the quality of the "new" one, but at the same time it helps DMC franchise maintain popularity with fans skeptic on DmC.

Meg

It will be good for the DmC just because the HD Collection of a game (talking generally about games) can't surpass the quality of the "new" one, but at the same time it helps DMC franchise maintain popularity with fans skeptic on DmC.
Just because a game is the newest in the series, doesn't make it the best.

I think it depends. If DmC is good then new fans who never played DMC before will probably try out the HD collection and vise versa. However, if DmC sucks then it will hurt the DMC collection because new fans probably won't buy the collection.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
The HD collection will help it sell, I guess, because there will be a whole new hype around the Devil May Cry franchise, and even though I hate to admit it, this reboot IS a part of the franchise, so I guess it will help it.

Just because a game is the newest in the series, doesn't make it the best.

I think it depends. If DmC is good then new fans who never played DMC before will probably try out the HD collection and vise versa. However, if DmC sucks then it will hurt the DMC collection because new fans probably won't buy the collection.
Huh?, you got me wrong, I never said it will be the best....maybe the word "quality" is what bothers you, I meant originality, HD collection is about games we've already played and seen and the new game is...well the new game....get me now?
I wasn't referring to the DMC3 (example) directly but to its HD remake, which surely won't surpass the quality of the "new game".

Meg

Huh?, you got me wrong, I never said it will be the best....maybe the word "quality" is what bothers you, I meant originality, HD collection is about games we've already played and seen and the new game is...well the new game....get me now?
I wasn't referring to the DMC3 (example) directly but to its HD remake, which surely won't surpass the quality of the "new game".
So....the HD collections isn't new, but-

Ok I totally got what you were saying until that second bit. This makes perfect sense;
"Huh?, you got me wrong, I never said it will be the best....maybe the word "quality" is what bothers you, I meant originality, HD collection is about games we've already played and seen and the new game is...well the new game....get me now?"

You're saying that the collection is old games and so the new game will be what offers something...well new. Right?

But you lost me after that. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well when it comes to HD collection releases, their overall sales will not surpass a new game release, i think its only helping out the franchise by releasing the HD collection, as for putting a demo attached to the HD release it could prove good or bad. Anyone familiar with dmc will automatically see the difference in controls and will probably have issues with the new DmC, thats if the games controls are drastically different from the originals. But if the gameplay is familiar and is easy to use then i think it will greatly help the sales of DmC.
As for the quality comparing of the two releases, DmC will sell more, imo, just because it does have the name tagged on and its a new game. Only hardcore gamers are going to buy the HD collection because thats what capcom set out to do. To give the fans one last thing as they head into the future.

Chrysander

The HD DMC will be good for the new DMC, because it has the same name, and is further advertising.

Regarding quality of the new game vs HD DMC3. Well, I will be amazed if I consider the new game to be of higher quality. Better graphics? Yes. Higher quality game? Chortle

although its offering something new, that doesn't mean that the end result will be better
Oh please stop this...you're just exaggerating now, I already explained everything and if you've been reading carefully through my posts before that one you would've understood.
But I'll post again: "I wasn't referring to the DMC3 (an example) directly but to its HD remake (WHICH WON'T OFFER ANYTHING NEW BUT A BIT BETTER GRAPHICS)."
The end result will be better than a "lousy" HD remake in any way.

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom