• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

~HD Collection vs DmC~

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Oh please stop this...you're just exaggerating now, I already explained everything and if you've been reading carefully through my posts before that one you would've understood.
But I'll post again: "I wasn't referring to the DMC3 (an example) directly but to its HD remake (WHICH WON'T OFFER ANYTHING NEW BUT A BIT BETTER GRAPHICS)."
The end result will be better than a "lousy" HD remake in any way.
If what you are saying is the new hardware has "better" tools than its predecessor than that's absolutely true, but comparing the two games doesn't stop at graphics and i think the overall best buy will be the HD Collection. It's gonna be cheaper, it has 3 complete games, the gameplay on HD collections always seem a little more tuned up and probably some interviews and behind the scenes footage. The quality of the game is solely dependent on the people who make the game. Saying its just new and will offer something that we haven't seen doesn't make it better all the time, remember Dragon Ball Evolution? People still buy the new dvd sets of Dragonball z but the production value of DBE was way higher than the tv show, and look how that ended.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I might be getting DmC: Devil May Cry first instead of DMC HD Collection (will buy it when it gets cheap), because I prefer playing newer games as of lately. I can only hope that DmC: Devil May Cry will be awesome and will not suck upon it's release.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I might be getting DmC: Devil May Cry first instead of DMC HD Collection (will buy it when it gets cheap), because I prefer playing newer games as of lately. I can only hope that DmC: Devil May Cry will be awesome and will not suck upon it's release.

This is what I wanted to say.

Blitzsnow2

I think both will be good. Even if Dante looks like a punk ;D But Gameplay, Story and Graphics should have been improved and if you watched my Vid above you'll see good the DmC Franchise got. A HD Collection will be without a single question from me very good ;D

Asmodaius

the gameplay on HD collections always seem a little more tuned up

Not necessarily. An example on this is the Super Street Fighter 2 HD, another Capcom game. It is the exact same gameplay, but with better graphics. And it doesn't really offer anything more than just better graphics - of course there's online play, but that has nothing to do with the actualy gameplay quality.

The same with the Marvel VS Capcom 2 remake and the Street Fighter 3 remake... On those they just made the graphics a little crispier, but that's about it.

So I wouldn't expect a whole lot on this DMC HD remake. It's going to be cool none the less, but I doubt Capcom will make too much a deal out of tuning any gameplay or add anything new other than the actual graphics.

I'm still going to get it though. ^^
AND I am going to get the new DmC. It's a new story, a new game with new gameplay, new encounters and so on, while the HD collection is pure nostalgia.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^u are probably right. My ps2 controller doesnt hold a flame to my ps3 controller and that must be why. I got ico/shadow hd and the controls seem a lot tighter, and its way eaiser to play...well not hugely different, but ya know, smoother :D

DMC_Freak

Yes I'm a DMC Freak XD
That may sound weird for some but I bet I'll have more fun playing DMC HD collection than DMC5 :/ If dmc5 is just about ditching the story from past game and starting off from scratch. And older games like dmc1 are simply classics.

I bet dmc 3 will be pretty much the same as on pc version (I hope they will fix the port issues). But im trilled to play 1 and 2 on hd.

Dmc 5 is just a 'meh' for me at the moment, but its sure that the pack will be good for the new dmc. And im sure that ppl that forgot about dmc will buy this and the new one.

Kammosjuttu

Pretty decent price. I may buy it. Much have Capcom said DmC will be? 40 dollars too?

Yeah, 3 games for 40 dollars don't seem bad. I'm planning to get it. ;D
I've not particularly looked for the prices, but I saw somewhere that DmC would be about 50€... but in dollars it might be less. How much games usually even cost in dollars? In my country it's normal to have new games to go from 40€ to 60€. But neverthless the price, I'll get DmC, because to me it seems very interesting.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
In my country for Playstation 2 was like 72 dollars.
I saw some Playstation 3 going for 127. But price may be alot less now. I think price is around 90 for new games and 72 for a not so fresh game.

If DMC HD comes around same time as DmC that will affect DmC's sale. And it's also bad timing to announce DmC because many fans including me are annoyed at the changes. But i can't imagine how fun it may be to play DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4 and for 40 dollars. That's pretty good.

Kammosjuttu

DMC4 isn't in the HD collection, so it's not included in the 40 dollars package. ;)

So, games in your country are pretty much the same price as in mine, since 50€ is something around 70 dollars. Games are rather expensive...

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
DMC4 isn't in the HD collection, so it's not included in the 40 dollars package. ;)

So, games in your country are pretty much the same price as in mine, since 50€ is something around 70 dollars. Games are rather expensive...
I expected to pay over 500 for Ps3 games but they have dropped. I had the mentality that the latest console > expensive games.

But if DMC 4 isn't in the package then i might reconsider. The gameplay of that looks bad ass. DMC 1 and 4 is what i want to play more of. I've had DMC 3 (bought it for expensive price - just had to). DMC 1i played but not much, but i liked it. DMC 4 looks bad ass in gameplay.

What i don't get is that many people say DMC 4 is a let down but i think they are thinking of story. The gameplay looks very sick.

Kammosjuttu

I've played 9 chapters out of the 20 in DMC4 and since I've not earned too many different moves, for now I've not got the greatest gameplay out of it. The story this far hasn't been anything awesome... but yes, once I have more moves and experience in DMC4, the combat will most likely be very good. The ability to pull enemies closer via the Devil Bringer is nice, since in the previous games I either had to run after the bouncing enemies or then be lazy-ass and fire the guns from a distance, haha. Ah, but I don't like it how slow a runner Nero is... first thing I got him was the speed boost, but since it activates only after some running, it's not very useful in battles. ;/

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
To me Nero is a waste. Why do i say that? Because it wrecked DMC story. It's another reason why DmC reboot not being good.

Anyhow main character i always played as is Dante. In DMC 3 (which i had) i didnt know how to activate Vergil or i didnt have the copy with Vergil.

Vergil in DMC 3 = looks bad ass to play with.

Nero however is just not my type of character because there cant be noone else than Dante as main character to me. And Vergil as optional.

Plus Dantes attacks are just so bad ass. The million stab and the "Charging" and release a sword attack in DMC 4 that ive seen and much more.

Top Bottom