• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest boss

Which boss was hardest?

• Hunter demon

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Poison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Barbas

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Mundus' spawn

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Mundus

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Vergil

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters

GF9000000Returns

I voted for Vergil and Mundus Spawn.

Mundus Spawn is kinda unpredictable and gave me a hard time fighting him the first time, and Vergil, he is also unpredictable, he can just kill you slowly and can cancel some combos...if his health is half depleted, that is.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Vergil was definitely the most difficult first time round, there's little explanation as to why You need to be Devil Triggered to finish him.

Mundus Spawn is also frustrating because it's pattern is odd and it's hitboxes are all over the place, sloppy boss to be honest.

Bob Barbas, while not exactly challenging, is the most visually impressive I found, the moment I pulled Myself into Aerial News-Coptor view, My mind was in My lap.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'd say Mundus' spawn and Vergil. Mundus' spawn because of it's some what unpredictable fighting style. And for Vergil... not knowing I had to use devil trigger to defeat him.

seraphmaycry

hunter demon for me idk why but i spent like a hour fighting him the first time strange thing i that he is predictable and has very low health but thats just me

ZeroLove

The bosses are rather simple in this game which I think is cool, because I hate it when a boss fight prevents me from moving along the game. They aren't all that hard, even at the higher levels, so I'm not sure what to choose here. I know some fans really hate that the bossfights aren't all that hard though...

zarion

I would've liked to see Vergil use some of his launching moves and aerial attacks from VD in the higher difficulties.
But yeah, he's the most difficult if only for his blocks.

Roxas

For me it's both Vergil and Mundus.
Oh the horror to beat them on DMD and HAH. D:

As for Killingface, I didn't think he was hard at all. Died a couple times until I beat him, but that's because of my lack of patience. Hate to sit and wait to learn a boss' patterns. Mainly the only reason Nevan killed me so many times on DMC3. :troll:

Dylan20

Vergil with his friggin parry. He wasn't hard till hell or hell but sh*t hit the fan on that mode lol.

ReRave

smug jerk
Well, Mundus was a pain on my no-items-DMD-run. Near Instagib on all his attacks just makes it a little frustrating, since all of his attacks are easily dodgeable.

Vergil was (sadly) the only interesting bossfight in the game. I just don't like fighting demons that are four times as big as Dante, but barely move on any of the difficulties.

Nekodark

Vergil....again him....

Funny thing..in DMC3..he was the one who blocked me so f-ing much and had a hard damn time with him wait not just DMC3..but it is always Vergil...

So me thinking by what I've read that he is not that hard in DmC,.now of course I did not go by this I just wanted to play myself but in a small corner of my brain I am still thinking how the fight is said to be not that hard...then I get to him myself ready to kick his ass for what he put me through in the original series...and then I died..over and over again and came to a point I am thinking I am back how it was in the original series and it is the SAME DAMN CHARACTER that is preventing me form completing the battle..I actually had to stop playing for awhile because I got into the same cursing mind set as I had with DMC Vergil. xD

F-ing Vergil...and I like him why when he is the one who always gave me trouble..lol

scionicspectre

I'm sure that if I hadn't had so much practice and previous knowledge of the Succubus battle, it would have been a bit more difficult. Honestly, the Hunter seems harder than the Succubus to me.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Sodding Vergil on Hell or Hell mode>_< Just kept popping around everywhere and the swinging camera didn't help.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Big V's infinitely worse on Heaven or Hell difficulty if You're going for the SSS rank.

Sunaka Marién

Vergil, with all his damn blocking >.<
And Mundus' Spawn, if you're fighting him without exploiting his weak spot-arm-eye-thingy. Makes the fight much more enjoyable <3

Top Bottom