• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Hardcore"?

Dante47

What the **** are you talking about? I hate how in this forum people only dumbly support or dumbly hate the game. I'm in love with this game, can't wait to play it, have a ******* poster of it in my wall and I'm planning on getting Dante's tattoo on my back, if that's hating, I don't know what the hell is to love a game.

The auto drop down move would be GOOD for the gameplay, would prevent people from abusing the Angel Grapple. You wanna stay in the air? LEARN HOW TO JUMP CANCEL.
I was just saying some dick told me false info.

ReRave

smug jerk
The auto drop down move would be GOOD for the gameplay, would prevent people from abusing the Angel Grapple. You wanna stay in the air? LEARN HOW TO JUMP CANCEL.
Why would it be good to cut away the potential to chain infinite combos? JC is exactly the same, except it's probably harder to learn than Grapple-Hooking for a half hour straight.

Gbraga

Why would it be good to cut away the potential to chain infinite combos? JC is exactly the same, except it's probably harder to learn than Grapple-Hooking for a half hour straight.
Because Tameem said himself that Devil Trigger was built to last as long as you stayed in the air so it would be "a test of skill", how launch, pull, launch, pull again and again would be a test of skill? I'm not saying the roof limit would be good for the general gameplay, when I say it would be good is just because of the Devil Trigger mechanic. I'm really hyped for all those youtube videos of people competing to see who can stay longer with Devil Trigger on while doing stylish crap.

I really hope brea is not ****ed about this game and is willing to make some videos about it. Can't wait for DmC COMBO MAD

Dante47

Seeing how DmC is more cinematic, focusing a lot on story, wouldn't that hurt the idea of speed runs?

Hazel

Let's go to the park and feed the trolls
A bit off topic--but this happens to be my fav combo vid of all. I sure hope things like this are possible in DmC.

Railazel

So count me in for the worry train, how the hell are they going to ballance the angel grapple?

The simple fact, my friend, is that the only way that can balance out any form of grappling is through the enemies you'll be fight. To prevent Demon Grappling, they would have to make enemies too heavy for Dante to pull. For Angel, they would have make enemies with protection, such as spikes, that prevent Dante from getting close to them. However, the latter (protected enemies) would be limiting because it'll be hard to attack them in general (shooting them would probably be the only way, if not some form of strategy that'll attack their weak spots).

Now, in DMC terms, nothing outside of combos would be a good limit. Placing an automatic attack as a height limit is as much a nuisance as it is a tool. Newbies will find it hard to understand how to effectivly use that limit, if they don't find ways to overuse it much like the grappling mechanic. Besides, staying in the air is a difficult task alone without having any height limits.

Personally, I find the Grappling mechanic unnecessary, even when it was introduced with Nero in DMC4. The fact that your attacks launched your enemies was a good challenge to players who wanted to master the game, but grappling just makes it too easy sometimes.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The simple fact, my friend, is that the only way that can balance out any form of grappling is through the enemies you'll be fight. To prevent Demon Grappling, they would have to make enemies too heavy for Dante to pull. For Angel, they would have make enemies with protection, such as spikes, that prevent Dante from getting close to them. However, the latter (protected enemies) would be limiting because it'll be hard to attack them in general (shooting them would probably be the only way, if not some form of strategy that'll attack their weak spots).

Now, in DMC terms, nothing outside of combos would be a good limit. Placing an automatic attack as a height limit is as much a nuisance as it is a tool. Newbies will find it hard to understand how to effectivly use that limit, if they don't find ways to overuse it much like the grappling mechanic. Besides, staying in the air is a difficult task alone without having any height limits.

Personally, I find the Grappling mechanic unnecessary, even when it was introduced with Nero in DMC4. The fact that your attacks launched your enemies was a good challenge to players who wanted to master the game, but grappling just makes it too easy sometimes.

Then don't use the grappling hook. Simple. Only use it when needed.

A bit off topic--but this happens to be my fav combo vid of all. I sure hope things like this are possible in DmC.

Now THIS is a DMC4 combo video. Not that sped up bullshit that I see on youtube every freakin' time. Just not stylish at all.

Gbraga

That combo vid just made me realize how awesome it would be if the ending or opening credits song was Devils Never Cry, it would be so much hype, damn >_>

And thank god we won't have d-pad styles again, the Xbox 360 controller is awesome, but using it's d-pad on DMC4 was so frustrating.

Dante47

And thank god we won't have d-pad styles again, the Xbox 360 controller is awesome, but using it's d-pad on DMC4 was so frustrating.
mother-of-god-500x375.jpg

Agreed, I'll prefer using the triggers in DmC, switching stances sounds far more fluid than switching styles in DMC4.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
the best way to balance the angel grapple would be to create a breaking point. Like for example, dante can only use the angel grapple twice/thrice in mid-air then he'd have to JC or touch ground before using it again...

DragonMaster2010

the best way to balance the angel grapple would be to create a breaking point. Like for example, dante can only use the angel grapple twice/thrice in mid-air then he'd have to JC or touch ground before using it again...

But then people will complain "OH HE CAN'T USE IT MORE THEN THREE TIMES! CLASSIC DANTE COULD USE IT MORE THEN THREE!!" Ignorant fans are so hard to please. (or shut up.)

ZeroLove

But then people will complain "OH HE CAN'T USE IT MORE THEN THREE TIMES! CLASSIC DANTE COULD USE IT MORE THEN THREE!!" Ignorant fans are so hard to please. (or shut up.)

They would be ignorant indeed, because the original Dante never could do a grab like that. Only Nero could.

DragonMaster2010

They would be ignorant indeed, because the original Dante never could do a grab like that. Only Nero could.

And the second you say that, they'll say, "OH HE CAN'T USE IT MORE THEN THREE TIMES! NERO COULD USE IT MORE THEN THREE!!"

Railazel

And the second you say that, they'll say, "OH HE CAN'T USE IT MORE THEN THREE TIMES! NERO COULD USE IT MORE THEN THREE!!"

People are hardest to please when they're displeased. You can't take away a child's favorite toy and give them a new, then expect them not to have a tantrum.

DragonMaster2010

People are hardest to please when they're displeased. You can't take away a child's favorite toy and give them a new, then expect them not to have a tantrum.

but after their tantrum, they'll play with it to see if they like it or not.

Gbraga

That's actually a pretty smart way to balance it out. I like it

Top Bottom