• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo3 or COD 4?

Halo3 or COD4?

• Total voters

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
COD4 is a beautiful game - it just frustrates the hell out of me and I've said many times before how the "casual/new to shooter" gaming option is a bit of a joke...my kid likes it more than I do, really :lol: But credit where credit is due for COD4...

Halo I like a lot - but not online. Ever. I like the story which I have followed through 1 and 2, plus the books...I find Halo 3 easier to play on Legendary than I do COD4 on easiest level. They are both very different so comparison for me is tricky...

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
O.K. A new question.

The online function is better on wich game? Halo3 or Call of duty 4?

I hate the online crowd on Halo. Bunch of pre-pubescent winey kids.......:dry:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Tawsie;114404 said:
Call of Duty, I hate it but I hate Halo more.

Damn you Tawsie, beat me to it...

Well, there's my answer, I vote CoD, I hate it, but I despise Halo more, it can hardly be classified as a real shooter anymore.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Black Angel;114687 said:
Yeah...you'll meet them and worse on COD4 I'm afraid. And team killers. And campers. And people crying to their mothers when you n00b tube them in the face...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Can we just draw the online community thing to this summary? Xbox Live sucks?

Sure, it has more players online, but 99% of them will ALWAYS be whiny, pre-pubescent snots who team kill and cry when you both verbally and physically own them, and then, if you don't let them have their way, oh god call the Wahmbulance, seriously...

The online community for ANY console game sucks beyond belief, mainly because a significant portion of console gamers are infact, morons and 12 year olds, and that still goes for both Halo and Call of Duty.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Black Angel;114687 said:
O.K. A new question.

The online function is better on wich game? Halo3 or Call of duty 4?

COD 4 online system is a hell of a lot better than the Halo 3 one. They both have whiny kids but COD 4 has less and some damn good players.

Angel;114714 said:
Yeah...you'll meet them and worse on COD4 I'm afraid. And team killers. And campers. And people crying to their mothers when you n00b tube them in the face...

Thats comes with online play unfortunately, had the odd few on PC online but they have to pay a decent amount of cash for it. So they are less abusive when someone talks back to them. Never understood teamkilling, if its your friends and you are having a laugh and do it once maybe. However those who join games then just teamkill for the whole game i dont understand. Whats the point? Ruins the game for everyone, i think they should have a PC style vote system to kick players like that. I always leave bad rep if i get a persistent teamkiller or abusive player in a game.

Angelo Credo;114716 said:
Can we just draw the online community thing to this summary? Xbox Live sucks?

Sure, it has more players online, but 99% of them will ALWAYS be whiny, pre-pubescent snots who team kill and cry when you both verbally and physically own them, and then, if you don't let them have their way, oh god call the Wahmbulance, seriously...

The online community for ANY console game sucks beyond belief, mainly because a significant portion of console gamers are infact, morons and 12 year olds, and that still goes for both Halo and Call of Duty.

Xbox Live is great and i wont say it sucks, the mute button is easy to use and i use it most the time. Soon as some squeaky 12 year old starts speaking and saying crap i mute them with one button. Usually i mute everyone besides my friends in a game, though ive met some really nice people on live. Soon as someone starts singing, humming or shouting things they get muted.

I havent been engrossed in any multiplayer game on a console UNTIL COD 4 and i love it online. Ive been sent abusive messages and had people mock my english accent but i dont care. I give as good as i get and they usually back off or shut up and if they shout abuse at me they are fair game. Though i usually just mute them and ignore the lot as im there to play a game not have childish abuse throwing matches. Unless im in a bad mood and then i enjoy verbally tying abusive people in knots because they are just annoying.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
At least on the COD 4 online I can totally OWN the winy kids.

On Halo 3 I end up wearing my own ass like a hat, most of the time. LOL

Dark Drakan

Admin
Black Angel;114948 said:
At least on the COD 4 online I can totally OWN the winy kids.

On Halo 3 I end up wearing my own ass like a hat, most of the time. LOL

COD 4 takes a lot more skill than Halo 3 online, ive played against some excellent players and clans on COD 4.

Top Bottom