• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo: Reach Beta

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
How many of you guys and gals out there are going to be hopping on XboxLIVE to play the Reach Beta on Monday? Anyone that is, feel free to put a post down here so we can get together and kill eachother XD!

That's if anyone is even planning to play the Beta xP

P.S. My gamertag is Miffed Monkey1 (of course x3, it says so on my status bar to the side) Add me if you want to play :]

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't have a live account myself, but my brother's is Hydra343. He's going to be playing Reach for a long, LONG time when the beta comes out. ;)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Halo: Reach.

As in if anyone thinks the Halo franchise is still worth a damn that certainly WOULD be a Reach!

*ahem*
Yeah, I haven't plugged a Yahtzee quote in some time and I really needed to do that.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I may have purchased ODST but I have no plans to get myself involved in the Beta, largely because I have no plans to renew my XBL subscription since the last time I did, they continued to withdraw money from my account to renew my account even though I explicitly recall terminating my subscription.

Besides, it just looks like MW2 with a more space-y feel, so...Pass, basically.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
xD They were doing that to me for a while too, Credo. My dad and I kept thinking, "Shouldn't our LIVE time have run out by now?" And then we saw the monthly renewal thing. My dad flipped. xD

Anyway, DT, if you let your brother know, I'll see if I can add him to my friends list.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Yeah, I'm a huge Halo fan. Been looking forward to this for ages, I have actually took the week off work to play it..

Should be awesome.

Angelo Credo;220507 said:
Besides, it just looks like MW2 with a more space-y feel
Really?...

Not trying to start any arguements here but the only way it's similar to MW2 is the fact they are both FPS.

They really are nothing alike apart from that.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Hah. Last I checked, mine was at 46%

Your bro sounds like a teeny teen (that's not bad, mind you) XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
He's 12 though.

He said that since he sent you the friend request, you have to play with him first. :p

Who knows how long that is though. I think I should play first, but that's just me and my assery coming through.

It's at 10% for us now.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
? I don't see why it wouldn't. Meh...turns it is then. Mine is completely downloaded, but I probably won't be on it tonight :/
I'm doing other things at the moment, so I'll play with you guys tomorrow if that's okay xD

And Dark Drakan, I'll add you to my friends as well xP

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My brother stopped downloading it because it was making this computer run unbearably slow. :/ It's stopped at 19% now...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I actually tried a couple of games. The most notable changes are that the B button swaps grenade types, X is the reload button again, RB is melee, and LB is equipment (armor abilities: Sprint, Invisibilty, Invulnerability, and Jet Pack)

The graphics look similar to Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST, but they are slightly sharper, and detail in game models is superior to previous games.

I haven't figured out how to roll, or how to assassinate people yet though XD.

I only played a game of FFA Oddball...which I lost, and then a game of Team Slayer...which I and my team lost XD! And then I watched them both in Theater. And now I shall go to sleep, so talk to ya guys later.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Rolling can only be done when playing as an Elite, which currently is limited to one gametype available that I know of, Covie Slayer. That's all I've seen them in right now, and Invasion won't be added until next week.

For Assassinations, when hitting an enemy in the back, hold the mellee button. I couldn't really advise what that is as I changed right away the the "bumper jumper" button layout. Being it Halo I would have assumed B, but with the introduction of armor abilities I think they remapped the dafult controls a bit.

My thoughts on the game right now, I've managed to get 6 games in yesterday, through the ****storm of the servers being down when about 180k people logged on and tried to search the same playlist.. Not complaining, it's a beta, it's here to be broken. The game was awesome, it plays so differently in comparison to other Halos.

The new ranking system I like, using the cR(Reach credits?) to buy new armor peices and stuff. But from playing yesterday, I lost about 200 cR and about half a bar of exp towards my next level.

Top Bottom