• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halloween "what to watch" suggestions

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
SO with Halloween being at the end of the week, everybody can write here down what obscure (or not) horror movies you watched and which are good enough to enjoy them on Halloween's evening. I write few suggestion of not so famous horrors I found pretty solid.

Livid_Poster.jpg

Livid. From makers of "Inside" Its pretty solid film with some pretty disturbing scenes. With girl, her bf and his brother trying to rob house where she works, they discover not everything is normal in this house.

300px-Deathwatch.jpg

somewhat older film, I found it pretty good for bad reviews it got. Setting is WWI with group of english soldiers get isolated in trench where they discover few german soldiers. In short time they realise they can't leave trench and some of them not acting as usual selfs.

bansheechapterfilm_400x250.jpg

With being loosely base on Lovecraft's story this film is pretty nice take on on outworld experience in modern time.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, of course we have the new horror releases of the year like the Babadook, Starry Eyes and It Follows, or you could also go with classics like The Omen, The Exorcist, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Oddly enough there are horror Halloween movies like the Cowboy Bebop movie.

In the end though, this is my list of movies that I'd watch in this month, and I've seen a few recently already:
marebito-movie-poster.jpg
(JamieR)__ExorcistIII(1).jpg

lat-den-ratte-komma-in-poster.jpg

Dracula-samserial.jpg

Rec_poster.jpg

Ringu-1998-J-Movie.jpg

4120ARG0M6L.jpg

71p7MJtOV%2BL._SY355_.jpg

These I've never seen but I really want to:

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well, of course we have the new horror releases of the year like the Babadook, Starry Eyes and It Follows,
Oh, I actually doing Mr.Babadook costume this Halloween =D Heard lot of good stuff about It Follows, need to check.

I saw today pretty good version of Shadow of the Innsmouth.
dagon-poster.jpeg

Pretty well done for B-Rated Movie.

Since we talking about Lovecraft this one is also awesome homage:
IN-THE-MOUTH-OF-MADNESS.jpg

and I haven't saw it yet but, I really want to:
maxresdefault.jpg

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
The Evil Dead Trilogy is all great

evil-dead-original-poster.jpg

11-evil-dead-2_1318205472.jpg

MPW-32789

All three are a great watch, but if you only watch one of them, I highly recommend the 2nd film. It's widely considered the best of the trilogy (it's one of my 5 favorite movies), but you also wouldn't miss anything. Due to different distributors, both sequels were required to recon the previous film's events. This means you can pretty much watch the films in any order.

Another great watch for the occasion, has it in the title, and I'm waiting Halloween night to watch it
halloween-movie-poster-1020189584.jpg

Another one of my top 5 favorite movies, Halloween is the film that popularized the slasher genre, and the first to have a supernatural killer.
Unlike Friday the 13th (whom, the writer of has admitted, the film was meant to be a Halloween rip-off), Halloween doesn't rely so much on blood and gore, as it does tension and suspense.
If you're interested in any of the other films in the series (There's 10 films in total)
I also recommend the second film

latest

Halloween 2 provides a pretty happy balance of a more suspenseful slasher film, but has a bit more gore.

From there the series has a total of 3 timelines. Even if you exclude the remake and it's sequel, and Halloween 3 (Halloween 3 has an entirely different plot from the other films, but still a good watch for the holiday) there's two alternate timelines set after. I recommend the H20 timeline,
halloween7poster1.jpg

It's considered the best of the sequels, and there was one more film that came after, before the series was restarted in 2007.

halloween_resurrection_ver2.jpg

Some people consider this Halloween's equivalent to Jason X ......Personally I think it's a good laugh. But like I said, a lot of people don't like this one, so it's optional.​

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Some people consider this Halloween's equivalent to Jason X ......Personally I think it's a good laugh. But like I said, a lot of people don't like this one, so it's optional.​
I think final fight against Busta Rhymes was one of the most ridiculous things I saw in horror movies o_O

btw about halloween who remembers this one? It was like real wtf:
Halloween_III_Season_of_the_Witch_film_poster.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
the trailer for this had me fascinated but there are like 15 movies I read about or watch a trailer but then I forget what it was. For example, I saw a trailer last year for a European horror movie about a girl who had an unusual power, she had the ability to shame people, something that is passed down from mother to daughter, I think. The girl, herself, seemed like a rather twisted individual and I was really eager to see it but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Google didn't help but this is just one of god knows how many that I've forgotten.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Fright Night (2011) and the Jeepers Creepers movies are pretty good for Halloween. There's also The Lost Boys (Best. Vampire. Flick. Ever.) or The Crow (Again *Drum Role* one of my 5 favorite movies).

I personally think both of Burton's Batman work.

And I dunno why, but I have a strong urge to watch Alien vs Predator

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
The original TV movie is surprisingly terrifying.

Edit:
A little bit of film history, here. Ju'on was actually based on two short films by the director that got popular. So here are the two shorts that inspired Ju'on:

I was hoping to go to sleep right now but now I've seen these...my intention's to keep my eyes open not to mention made me want to lock my doors. windows, and plug in some earplugs to cancel out the sounds in fear of hearing that groan ever again, with some Native Aboriginal American Shamanistic music to ward of some nasty spirit.
6sdyd2.gif

Although I want to say thank you for the trivia so kudos on that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
...my intention's to keep my eyes open not to mention made me want to lock my doors. windows, and plug in some earplugs to cancel out the sounds in fear of hearing that groan ever again, with some Native Aboriginal American Shamanistic music to ward of some nasty spirit.
6sdyd2.gif
That won't stop them...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Shaun Of The Dead - Obviously not exactly a horror (but nor is Casper the friendly ghost), but it still fits.

51RT474Y8GL.jpg

Creep is also a good one.

p160478_p_v7_aa.jpg

The Dark

p164107_p_v7_ae.jpg

Drag me to Hell

images

Silence of the lambs (or any other Hannibal films).

Jeepers Creepers.

Those are just a few, and most are what me and my Fiancée will be watching throughout this week.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@berto for some reason I heard "Goodnight, Mommy" is scariest horror trailer of 2015 so it kinda bought me …
@LordOfDarkness what are last three? I never heard of them? seems interesting though :D

As huge fan of Clive Barker I still haven't watched this one despite it being far from good
p17045_d_v7_aa.jpg

Of course there is that another C.B. movie that probably most know but still memorable gore fest:
midnight-meat-train.jpg

I can also add this film if somebody likes psychological horror:
The_Uninvited_%282009_film%29.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth: Are you asking about Creep, The Dark, and Drag me to Hell?

I'd also recommend The Skeleton Key, Hide and Seek, and Gothika.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Addams Family movies are always a treat.
More recent films, Maggie was okay. So was The Woman In Black 2. Don't watch The Visit unless you like predictable movies. The Babadook, Mama, and Goodnight Mommy are good ones. Not great, just good. I can't think of anything else to recommend.
I want to watch Crimson Peak, Paranormal Activity 5(this one actually looks pretty cool), Before I Wake and The Voices.
Of course, none of these will be out in the near future.
BOO!!! BAD TIMING!! BOOOOOOO!

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
@LordOfDarkness what are last three? I never heard of them? seems interesting though :D

Jeepers Creepers is a monster movie that came out back in 2001, well it was kinda a monster/slasher hybrid. I don't wanna talk to much about it, as part of the appeal is the mystery of the villain, but you should check it out, and then you could watch the sequel, it's not as good, but it's decent.

Drag Me to Hell was a film that came out back in 2009(?), the story is a young woman cursed to be, as the title suggests, dragged to hell. It was directed by Sam Rami (Director of the Evil Dead Trilogy, and the first Spider-Man trilogy, and Darkman).

And really dude? You've never heard of Silence of the Lambs? It's like one of the best horror movies ever

EDIT: Sorry about that little mistake everyone, dog was barking to go out

Last edited:
Top Bottom